Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

Sorry Jeff - I know I am going a bit gaga, maybe this also applies to Mr.L.

I suppose it is because this forum does not often relate to Silversea or even cruising that I get confused.

Oh, you needn't apologise at all. Not your fault! It's not the topic ... I think he just got so excited about being allowed to eat with the staff, he just got carried away and wanted to tell us in as many places as he could, the old dear!

Anyway, we'll keep following things in both threads, don't worry!

Jeff

:D

Oh, you needn't apologise at all. Not your fault! It's not the topic ... I think he just got so excited about being allowed to eat with the staff, he just got carried away and wanted to tell us in as many places as he could, the old dear!

Anyway, we'll keep following things in both threads, don't worry!

Jeff

:D

Thanks for keeping up with all the threads son,

Just chill as this is the cooler

We all love your food piccies

Keep them coming

When's your next cruise Jeff?

Sorry Jeff - I know I am going a bit gaga, maybe this also applies to Mr.L.

I suppose it is because this forum does not often relate to Silversea or even cruising that I get confused.

Sorry Lincslady I did not to realise that we had a new host.

Still you are informed now.we can stop posting.

Have you any food piccies to post

I am useless at that sort of stuff.

Jeff is the master

I do look forward to his culinary delights.

Will turn the WiFi off to enjoy the rest of my holiday.

Adios

Edited by Mr Luxury

Well l must be having a senior moment so l guess it's catching....!

According to **********.com QM2 is currently at sea between Stavanger and Hamburg....but l stand to be corrected....:confused:

Sophia :)

Don't worry it could be another Cunard bus,QE,QV they don't berth anywhere near our location as they are far out.

There were a lot of Cunard groups turning up at the Hermitage as we left.

Lots of children.

Edited by Mr Luxury

Well l must be having a senior moment so l guess it's catching....!

According to **********.com QM2 is currently at sea between Stavanger and Hamburg....but l stand to be corrected....:confused:

He's eating with the staff on Legend I think! You're getting confused with someone else.

:)

Don't worry it could be another Cunard bus,QE,QV they don't berth anywhere near our location as they are far out.

There were a lot of Cunard groups turning up at the Hermitage as we left.

Lots of children.

Did they make you put those funny slippers on when you went to the Hermitage?

They use to be great for skating.

:confused:

You've been getting very irritable lately dad! Very sensitive and touchy. Particularly since Sophia admitted being ex-Job! :eek:

You've not stopped taking those meds again have you?

That's confusing as I have not posted here for a few days.

Have you booked your next cruise yet Jeff?

I think it's time that you dipped your toes in again after all this is cruise critic.

Did they make you put those funny slippers on when you went to the Hermitage?

They use to be great for skating.

Not at the Hermitage but as we had a little downpour we had to have over shoes at the bath house at the Peterhof.

I've not been before,you can't do all of this in a couple of days.

Good Morning Coolers,

Brrrrrr....what a change in the weather, had to put the heating on early doors to take the chill off....:eek:

Hard to believe it's only nine weeks until our clocks go back an hour...and the evenings are already closing in.

At least I've got some Caribbean sun to look forward to, although knowing my luck it'll be stormy, my own fault as l do wish for at least one day of rough seas!!

Roast chicken for lunch to day with veggies and potatoes....warming food!

Happy Monday

Good Morning to you S ... and to all coolers.

A wonderful Sunday in the kitchen spent with Niles Rodgers and Chic and their Geneva 2004 concert. I am in awe of raw creative talent. To start with a blank sheet of paper and produce something from scratch that can swing a mood from being down to happiness.

It is suprising how many talents remain so under appreciated during their lives .... and I guess that Niles is for me an extraordinary talent. So it was Niles and Chic on the tv and speakers at full blast ..... and I made Her a very nice Sunday lunch and she was happy.

C9E56A09-10A9-4DBE-B636-103672FE07F2.jpg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Good Morning to you S ... and to all coolers.

A wonderful Sunday in the kitchen spent with Niles Rodgers and Chic and their Geneva 2004 concert. I am in awe of raw creative talent. To start with a blank sheet of paper and produce something from scratch that can swing a mood from being down to happiness.

It is suprising how many talents remain so under appreciated during their lives .... and I guess that Niles is for me an extraordinary talent. So it was Niles and Chic on the tv and speakers at full blast ..... and I made Her a very nice Sunday lunch and she was happy.

C9E56A09-10A9-4DBE-B636-103672FE07F2.jpg

On BBC 4 late evenings they show some very old clips of the bands of the days...I'm always intrigued to see how some have aged... but still their heart is in the music. Eric Burden was featured the other night....really interesting....but then that was my era!

On the tandem Cunard voyage in 2008 l met Lenny Kravitz....quite by chance...and hadn't a clue who he was! We chatted for some time and all he told me was that he was a musician!! He did seem rather surprised that l didn't know him but it made for a few more chance meets on that trip just having a normal conversation.....l had to text my daughter to ask if she had heard of him....:eek:

What fun......S:)

On BBC 4 late evenings they show some very old clips of the bands of the days...I'm always intrigued to see how some have aged... but still their heart is in the music. Eric Burden was featured the other night....really interesting....but then that was my era!

On the tandem Cunard voyage in 2008 l met Lenny Kravitz....quite by chance...and hadn't a clue who he was! We chatted for some time and all he told me was that he was a musician!! He did seem rather surprised that l didn't know him but it made for a few more chance meets on that trip just having a normal conversation.....l had to text my daughter to ask if she had heard of him....:eek:

What fun......S:)

We'reg getting old!

As I believe I may have mentioned earlier .... Eric Burdon was a grumpy old git even when he was young ... and got me bad marks at the Locomotiv in Paris when he refused to go on because they called The Animals a "Liverpool Sound" ... and I was left playing bleedin' records whilst he went off in a huff. Bleedin' Artistes .... so delicate ..... :eek: And then of course Alan price went on to form his own "set" and Chas became a manager and producer mainly of Hendrix.

I heard recently that Niles has been ill and I suspect like many of these people - they only get appreciated fully when it's a little late. I am trying to convince my son to master funk like Niles on his guitar.

I have always also been shocked at how under appreciated Carole King is and how so much of what she has written is so well known compared with her.

Off to do lunch ...

Jeff

Regarding food piccies - I can barely use the computer, never mind posting photos! Don't even know the difference between posts, threads, and forums (fora?), so need to be forgiven.

This is probably not the place to get into a comparison situation, but I just wonder if you, Jeff, or Sophia, have ever tried Seabourn? We have been on several Silversea, Seadream and many Regent as well as Seabourn - and I believe Mr. L has had similar experience; probably more. The two most alike are Silversea and Seabourn, but there are distinct differences between them, even though the ships are mostly of similar size. Don't wish to get into arguments here - there is a thread currently on both boards, but just interested to know.

Regarding food piccies - I can barely use the computer, never mind posting photos! Don't even know the difference between posts, threads, and forums (fora?), so need to be forgiven.

This is probably not the place to get into a comparison situation, but I just wonder if you, Jeff, or Sophia, have ever tried Seabourn? We have been on several Silversea, Seadream and many Regent as well as Seabourn - and I believe Mr. L has had similar experience; probably more. The two most alike are Silversea and Seabourn, but there are distinct differences between them, even though the ships are mostly of similar size. Don't wish to get into arguments here - there is a thread currently on both boards, but just interested to know.

Hi LL,

There's no chance of you starting an argument at all here ... so don't worry! Only rudeness of different types will ever get an adverse comment and you are far too nice! :)

1. A forum is this and many are called either forums, or if you were unlucky to study Latin and are prissy then it is Fora.

2. This is topic is in a thread and individual posts ... are posts.

But don't give up on posting piccies. It gives (most) others pleasure and is fun to give pleasure.

With respect to our plans and SB v SS, then no I have never tried SB largely because hey had a fleet without balconies when I first latched on to SS and was at that point largely enjoying the SS experience. As we tend not to mix much decent suites with good balconies were essential. Obviously, where you start is often where you stay if everything is either OK or OK+. I have no doubt that if and when we book a cruise it will probably be in SB rather than SS next.

What holds us back are sadly many things but it is likely at some point we will book something probably either in Asia out of Singapore which means a lengthy trip in total as we will spend a couple weeks each side of any cruise in Singapore or around Oz - or an extended trip going far North for Northern Lights. It will likely be SB when there is a tantalising offer. There are however many issues that make us shrug and not currently bother.

Hope that postions us.

Jeff

Today ... spurred on by TC we had further Bratties ....

4B644721-A28D-4A4B-841A-7BCC6B2BCAF9.jpg

I struggle with pics too, so don't worry!

My past cruising history has always been with Cunard, apart from one horrific short soirée on Fred Olsen....:eek:

Our favourite ship was QE2 and when she left service we tried the others but just felt the service and ambience not the same so we stopped cruising.

The sea is in my blood having worked on board ship in the early 70's so when DH passed away l decided to start again as it's perfect for a solo.

I chose SS because friends recommended the line and l love it. I'm not a very demanding passenger, as long as I'm fed and watered and can do as l please I'm more than happy....I love the smaller ships and SS offer some very good solo fares.

I would not be adverse to trying SB and have indeed looked at their itineraries...even though they are Carnival owned and l hate what they did to QE2.....just my personal opinion l may add!

Don't ever worry about asking or discussing anything on here....we just like a general chit chat without the risk of being flamed....and nothing is off topic!!

Sophia gal,

Did you by any chance take an admiring peep at my sausage?

Jeff

Now now Jeff! I was about to say that is a lovely picture, looks like a professional food shot, which cannot be easy.

Sophia - I was thinking about you with my question - singles are particularly well looked after on Seabourn, with lots of invitations to hosted tables with different couples and other singles. However, I do have a feeling that the price for singles might well be better on Silversea; singles on Seabourn always say that the cost for them is extortionate.