Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

Ugh

Already made a mistake

Anyway that's an Alaskan orchid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spin,

Do you like Orchids?

I didn't realised I liked them until the Singapore National Orchid Garden. I don't wish to alarm you but I have taken hundreds of piccies .....

:)

Jeff

Spin,

Do you like Orchids?

I didn't realised I liked them until the Singapore National Orchid Garden. I don't wish to alarm you but I have taken hundreds of piccies .....

:)

Jeff

Stand by the bed Jeffers....you have serious competition here now .....and not forgetting when l start next week.....:eek:

S :)

You all will note

I am not enamored of people in my photos

Hi Spin,

Your photos are wonderful. I particularly liked the pebbles and I think you really caught the eery and abandoned atmosphere of the village.

I know it isn't much, but I'd like to offer you a handful of tonights caramel popcorn, as it's too late for you to have our lunch pilaff.

11623675-899E-4410-AAB5-F211D512E504.jpg

09885972-174B-44E0-A158-0AF326CA782F_1.jpg

Thanks much

Food looks good

And now a photo question

What to do when run out of space on the bucket?

Hi,

My PB is used as an upload space for my security cameras to ftp to all day. I think there's roughly 20 cameras all uploading anything that moves.

So i pay for the service. Can't recall how much it is, but I think it's around £20ish per year. I have thousands of pictures up there, and I am only at around 8% full.

If you delete a picture it disappears off of cC as well.

Jeff

For those visitng London that happen to have an Amex Plat card .....

Amex has launched, very quietly so far (ie they haven’t told anyone), a new promotion for Platinum cardholders.

You get free admission for you and a friend to selected exhibitions at the Royal Academy of Arts on Piccadilly. Children under 15 are always free so you could bring your entire family without charge.

Platinum cardholders can also get access to the Keeper’s House lounge, bar and restaurant, which is usually exclusive to Friends of the Royal Academy before 4pm. This is an interesting space which only opened last year and which includes a tiny hidden garden. It is open seven days a week.

The promotion runs until the end of the year and will cover the following three exhibitions:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2014/08...royal-academy/

This is a really great event and a very useful offer for Plats. Enjoy!

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Just catching up - had a busy few weeks still trying to find things for the house/garden and dealing with contractors etc.

Have to add my 2 cents re appliances. We had American appliances in Bermuda and to return here and have to wait over an hour for a load of wash (when you can only put about 4 items in the washer in the first place) is trying. The condenser dryer also takes forever to dry and anything and even at the end of the cycle the items aren't dry - big mistake there should just have bought a regular dryer. The oven is also tiny - I have brought the smallest cooking tray from Bermuda and it will only just squeeze in the oven - no more 18lb turkeys, a whole ham and trimmings for Christmas this year LOL. As for the fridge........! The freezer is OK - a tall skinny chap which seems to hold quite a lot - thank goodness I brought my Rubbermaid ice cube trays with me LOL We are planning on changing out the fridge and using the existing as overflow/wine fridge - question where do we put it (major sighs). Still in a state of shock I think!

Oh well back to sorting out the falling helicopters from the lime trees - I was hoping last night's wind would have sent them onwards to someone else's garden - no such luck LOL

Mary