Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

A bit of a storm last evening, not for long and no power out. Today is lovely, but Bertha is threatened for most of us tomorrow. The chicken thighs in spicy marinade tonight, and at last I managed to get the batter coated haddock fish fingers in Waitrose yesterday, Jeff. Will try them next week, and hope DH (who can be a bit sniffy about frozen food) will approve.

I am still getting aggro on a Seadream thread, keep hoping he will desist as I know I have not done anything to deserve it! So am staying away from posting anything there again.

I can recommend the fish fingers....the lodger is very fussy but really likes them for a midweek lunch.

Try not to let such posters get you down, some folk come on these boards just to vent their spleen l think and don't care who they hurt or insult.

They only have one view....their own....and damn anyone who disagrees or has the audacity to share their own personal views!

When l look at some of the boards l often wonder how many folk are put off a certain line by the nasty comments and arrogance displayed.

It's one of the reasons l never join a roll call or meet and mingle and l hardly ever join in any of the solo meets on board. I'm far from anti social and have met some lovely folk on board ship, most of whom have never heard of CC!

Everyone is welcome here on the cooler, it's a nice little retreat and we can chat away about anything and everything without being slated, even though at times we do talk a load of twaddle....:rolleyes:

Sophia :)

Jeff the seafood looked awesome!

I had been thinking about that meal for months .... and it had to be done.

Hot and sticky with a fresh taste and lots of picking to do. There had been some rsistance on the part of the boss when I kept asking her to let me do it. She kept saying "no". So I waited long enough and just did it without asking. Just right with that lovely french bread and freezing Paulaner.

She said it was the loveliest seafood she'd had EVER! :)

Never mind the bleedin cheek....where's your daily pics? :rolleyes::D

Wifey left me today to go to London to meet the daughter for a day of boozing, eating and spending my secret stash. I don't know how she can abandon and leave me alone like this. I can't believe she can enjoy herself without me. It can't be possible. :confused:

I had a bought in curry with home made rice. Experiemented with the rice and it turned out lovely. It was coconut oil in the pilau rice. Didn't photograph it because I was absorbed with the Singapore stream.

I made a poolish/biga yesterday for a pizza for myself tonight. Nothing fancy just thin crispy and nicely burnt hopefully. :)

Wifey left me today to go to London to meet the daughter for a day of boozing, eating and spending my secret stash. I don't know how she can abandon and leave me alone like this. I can't believe she can enjoy herself without me. It can't be possible. :confused:

I had a bought in curry with home made rice. Experiemented with the rice and it turned out lovely. It was coconut oil in the pilau rice. Didn't photograph it because I was absorbed with the Singapore stream.

I made a poolish/biga yesterday for a pizza for myself tonight. Nothing fancy just thin crispy and nicely burnt hopefully. :)

Ok then, as you've been left home alone you're forgiven for neglecting us coolers;)

I'm with Mrs Jeff though on her choice of a day out....us mums need a daughter day sometimes.....hope she's keeping the female side up and melting some plastic...:cool:

I'm off to see my little gal for the bank holiday weekend and believe me, she knows how to melt plastic big style...particularly mine!

S :)

Ok then, as you've been left home alone you're forgiven for neglecting us coolers

S

As I have been remiss today I thought I'd make up for it by posting some other pics.

Pizza's I have previously known cooked in my beehive; a typical Sydney resident; two piccies of people in Bangkok; a very small man standing on the arm of a chair on The Croisette in Cannes. Pictures next one down of our lovely village in the snow.

Hope you enjoy them.

DSC00800X.jpg

P1000615X.jpg

P1000896X.jpg

P1000898X.jpg

P1010004X.jpg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Great pics Jeff, thank you for sharing. Do you take these with a camera or from your iPad.....now I've got the new air I'm hoping to capture more stuff and hopefully be able to do something with them!

S :)

Glad you like them

Pictures in the house ie food are all ipad and inside hotels are nearly always Ipad. Everything else is either my Sony RX100 or Sony NEX. The RX100 is pocket and perfect and has replaced the NEX system.

Lovely, lovely snow pictures. Let's have more. It's very hot and humid here!

Hello Carolyn,

Before we knew your name, I had it in mind to call you Bex! Where are you that is so hot? Was Colorado mentioned?

I'm going to hunt out some more winter pictures. We're very lucky here as we do get snowed in and it is such a lovely old village, with the majority of houses thatched. We have everything here from stone aged to Roman to ... today!

I know to an American this doesn't look like a proper pizza, but this is to my taste and follows the original Naples tradition of very thin and very lean and very cheap on the topping. It's all about the bread base. The second pic shows that it is very thin and crisp. It was a lovely "evening" pizza, with a tumbler of Fino.

F91D7F6D-3CE8-48FF-9161-AF407FDE54DE.jpg

83C59922-5530-4EC2-8C61-5A156631CC6F.jpg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Hello Coolers,

I feel guilty about not writing more but at the present I am very caught up in plans for some house remodeling, last minute cruise scheduling, granddaughter's ongoing fever (with some improvement today) and trying to plan a trip up to San Francisco to provide some help. It is very much a respite to come here for everyone's light banter, meandering observations and general good will.

Jeff, your pizza looks like the one we had last night at Pietro's. He is from Ischia and his pizza is very thin and crisp. About every Friday night we have it and if I took pictures I would post one of his delicious pizzas.

Yes, let's see more snow! And Sophia, it would be great to see some roaring thunderstorms too! Here in San Diego we are having a fearsome drought.

Carolyn

Wow

Amazing!!

We share in another achievement

This is however my second marriage

So now you will all know I was married at age. 5

Spouse is ten years older

Enjoy the day

We toast you all and thanks for good wishes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May l wish all of you who have celebrated 40 Years of marriage this year many many congratulations and may you have many more wonderful years to come :)

Well, it's eerily still and silent here this morning, maybe the calm before the storm...:eek:

It's forecast to hit us at around 10am so in case of any power cuts I have the chicken for lunch roasting in the oven right now. Hoping to do a cauli cheese and roast potatoes with it but we could end up with salad!

Happy Sunday

S:)

May l wish all of you who have celebrated 40 Years of marriage this year many many congratulations and may you have many more wonderful years to come :)

Well, it's eerily still and silent here this morning, maybe the calm before the storm...:eek:

It's forecast to hit us at around 10am so in case of any power cuts I have the chicken for lunch roasting in the oven right now. Hoping to do a cauli cheese and roast potatoes with it but we could end up with salad!

Happy Sunday

I was very mindful that we are around the table discussing both 40 years of marriage and how sad you were on the day of hubby's 70th a few days ago. What that proves is that there is space to share sympathy and joy around the same cooler and it is possible to be friends with people one hasn't met. It is more what people say rather than how they look.

:)

Lovely, lovely snow pictures. Let's have more. It's very hot and humid here!

Your wish is my command.

Some pictures of Vienna Stadtpark and Ringstrasse .... a deer who seems to use our garden as a restaurant ..... and some more of our village in the snow.

P1020296X.jpg

P1020280X.jpg

P1010948X.jpg

P1010258X.jpg

P1010246X.jpg

P1010230X.jpg

I was very mindful that we are around the table discussing both 40 years of marriage and how sad you were on the day of hubby's 70th a few days ago. What that proves is that there is space to share sympathy and joy around the same cooler and it is possible to be friends with people one hasn't met. It is more what people say rather than how they look.

Very true :)

Well I feel so damn stupid....I've just discovered I have a photo bucket account, must have set it up three years ago when we did San Francisco and Vegas for my 'big ' birthday.....:rolleyes:

I've managed to upload more recent pics from my iPad , now have to figure out what to do next and see if l can post some...it could be a long day!!

Well I feel so damn stupid....I've just discovered I have a photo bucket account, must have set it up three years ago when we did San Francisco and Vegas for my 'big ' birthday.....:rolleyes:

I've managed to upload more recent pics from my iPad , now have to figure out what to do next and see if l can post some...it could be a long day!!

Assuming you are using the ipad for both . ..... and a browser rather than tappawalah AND the ipad app for PB then it is really easy. The PB ipad app can be set to automatically upload whatever pictures you've taken to PB every time you open the app. Then really easy.

Go to the ipad PB app and go to the picture, hit the "i" butoon bottom left hand corner and then tap the bottom one "img" and now you have the link in the memory.

Go to your brwser and "reply". Make a space below and above where you tend to paste, then when ready hold down the spot where you want to paste, and you'll be given the option to"paste" Voila. A two line img. Preview to check if you need.

It is really easy. Try!

Thank you for the snow pictures, Jeff. You live in the loveliest village in the land.

Sophia, I hope your dinner is not cut short by an outage. Happy Sunday to everyone.

Carolyn

Hello Carolyn!

Glad you liked my village. It is very old with much history. We even have a Roman Villa that had the most complete and best mosaic taken and installed in the British Museum. It is hard to believe this house was centrally heated by underfloor hot water. How we progressed for 2000 years!

How about you posting some piccies .....:)

Jeff