Can you recommend good day trips in Belize and Cozumel

Xtchr

My family is going on March 15th Liberty of the Seas for my 80th birthday.

Looking for some suggestions for a good guide or day excursions while in Belize and Cozumel. Two college age kids.. 19 and 21... one 10 yr.old and the rest are adults in their 50's.

Last time my DH and I were in Belize, we were the last ship to arrive and there were no taxis, guides left , so we took the tender to shore and had to turn around and come back to the ship. We usually hire private tours, and don't use the ship tours. Even that day, the ship tours were all cancelled because we were late in arriving..

Looking for some suggestions for a good guide or day excursions while in Belize and Cozumel. Two college age kids.. 19 and 21... one 10 yr.old and the rest are adults in their 50's.

Last time my DH and I were in Belize, we were the last ship to arrive and there were no taxis, guides left , so we took the tender to shore and had to turn around and come back to the ship. We usually hire private tours, and don't use the ship tours. Even that day, the ship tours were all cancelled because we were late in arriving..

In Belize we did the zip line/cave tubing which we really enjoyed. Have been to Cozumel 3 times. First time we did Paradise Beach which is fun. Last couple of times we have just taken a cab into town and shopped and ate. If you do go into town, Panchos Backyard is a wonderful place for lunch!

For your group, I'd suggest booking Nachi Cocom for the day. It's a fabulous beach day with gorgeous pool, delicious food, massages, jet skis ... there is something for all age groups. http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/default.cfm You can check reviews at tripadvisor.com We've been there a number of times on family cruises and have always been really impressed. Reservations are limited so we usually book early to get a spot.

Second vote for Paradise beach in Cozumel.

Family of 4 is affordable including cab.

If no kids, after paradise beach go have some margaritas as Pancho's backyard. They're awesome.

Don't waste your money at Sr. Frog.

I vote for cave tubing also. I did that in Belize and had a great time. The rest of my group did a boat ride and ruins tour. It was hot and buggy. The cave tubing was cool and no bugs. The cave was huge and no problem with claustapobia. It was a great day trip. Floating in a tube looking at all the rock formations. I never knew there were so may different types.

Second vote for Paradise beach in Cozumel.

Family of 4 is affordable including cab.

If no kids, after paradise beach go have some margaritas as Pancho's backyard. They're awesome.

Don't waste your money at Sr. Frog.

Those Pancho's Backyard margaritas are potent! :) I had one and wasn't sure I was going to be able to walk out of there lol. Plus you can print a coupon for a free one which is cool.

For your group, I'd suggest booking Nachi Cocom for the day. It's a fabulous beach day with gorgeous pool, delicious food, massages, jet skis ... there is something for all age groups. http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/default.cfm You can check reviews at tripadvisor.com We've been there a number of times on family cruises and have always been really impressed. Reservations are limited so we usually book early to get a spot.

We did this March 2011 and LOVED it! They have lots to do for all ages. We did a lot of sitting on the beach and reading while we got a few rays. The food was really good, service unmatched. We did give tips as this was a great services staff. :D

do you remember how much the jet skis cost?

Belize is one of those places where you probably should book a shore excursion. We did the Mayan Ruins which was nice.

The last time we were in Cozumel we spontaneously decided to listen to one of the taxi guys in the terminal as he talked about one of the resorts. He had a board with some pics of the place and a map showing where it was. We ended up going to this place - http://www.buccanos.com/Buccanos-Bar-Grill.htm and we had a great time. I think it cost like $20 to take the Cab out to there and once we were there all the beach chairs and umbrellas were free as was the snorkel equipment. We ate lunch out there too and the food was great. It really was a great way to spend most of the day in Cozumel and we are planning on going back there when we go to Coz next year. Here's a few pics from the place if you're interested.

P1140779.JPG

P1140782.JPG

P1140789.JPG

P1140793.JPG

P1140802.JPG

P1140809.JPG

For Cozumel, I would recommend Chankanaab Park if there are those in your group who like to snorkle. There are chairs and palapas on the beach, with waiter service right to your chair! Also a pool, dolphins (if you're into that) and a restaurant. Be aware that you have to enter the water by rocky steps, and it is not a regular beach entry, in case that makes a difference. They do have a small "beach" area also, but it's not as pretty. You can google for more information.

We did Amazing Race Cozumel back in March and had a great time.

So did we!!!! And it was AWESOME!!! I loved it! However, if your ship leaves at 5pm (which the Mariner did) then I don't recommend Amazing Race because by the time we made it to the end and got our drinks, the taxi was there to take us back to the ship. No time for lunch and I'd wanted to go and check out some of the shops I'd passed during the race but couldn't.

In Belize we visited Lamanai. Which was also a wonderful time - but it was ALL DAY as well. But still a great excursion

I have a cruise porting in belize nov. 7, 2013 and wanted to know how to book trip outside of cruise boat and any pictures and cost. I'm 58.

Thanks,

Fun Man Fun Land

I vote for cave tubing also. I did that in Belize and had a great time. The rest of my group did a boat ride and ruins tour. It was hot and buggy. The cave tubing was cool and no bugs. The cave was huge and no problem with claustapobia. It was a great day trip. Floating in a tube looking at all the rock formations. I never knew there were so may different types.

My 15 yr old daughter and I also enjoyed Paradise Beach in Cozumel. It cost me about $20 round trip for both of us...this included the $2 fee for a chair. They offered a wonderful pool and beach area with a large bar and covered tables with waiters and an awesome Mexican menu. Food was great! There is also blow up water toys for adults and kids for an extra charge. We've also done the Jeep/cave snorkeling tour with a lunch on the beach a few years back. That was fun too.

In Belize we booked a private tour when we got off the boat. Snorkeling out on the reef with free drinks (soda and rum punch). It was on a small private island...absolutely beautiful and tranquil.. very small island. Food was cooked on a grill and available for a price. :)

I've done the Amazing Secret River in Cozumel. Awesome experience and like nothing I have ever experienced anywhere else before. Huge underground cave/river system.

But the price is a tad steep for some. But I feel even at that price it is worth every penny paid.

Archived