VIP Program

C 2 C

Did those that were a cruise away from the next level then have to basically start over to reach that levels. For example, if they have 9 points when the system is changed and Elite is changed to say 25 points, would they have to have another 16 points to reach Elite with the new program, even though in the old system they would only need 1 point to reach Elite. Not sure I'm explaining this correctly, but it is very important to those that are so close to Elite, but might not be cruising again until next year.

When Royal changed if you were onepoint away from Diamond, you were one cruise away after the conversion.

"No grandfathering"???

So when Celebrity creates the two new Captains Club levels everyone is going to be reset to ZERO days and will have to start again from scratch???

I hope not:confused:

I hope this is a joke..if I have to start from scratch..I will be very upset.

I have paid for my cabin as well as my 2 sons cabins over the years and earned staus the hard way..no suites..just one balcony and one inside cabin on each cruise.

I have spent serious $$ so I truly hope they don't start from zero.

Did those that were a cruise away from the next level then have to basically start over to reach that levels. For example, if they have 9 points when the system is changed and Elite is changed to say 25 points, would they have to have another 16 points to reach Elite with the new program, even though in the old system they would only need 1 point to reach Elite. Not sure I'm explaining this correctly, but it is very important to those that are so close to Elite, but might not be cruising again until next year.

When RCL converted, they translated everyone's points to the new scale. Those who had 9 points (1 away from Diamond/Elite), were given 76 credits (7 away from Diamond). So they needed 1 7-day or longer cruise (or a 4-day in a suite) to reach the new level. The only ones who got hurt were those who had planned a 3 or 4 day cruise expecting to make it to the next level.

Nobody had anything taken away from them. Their number of points/credits just changed and were applied to a new table. Anyone who had reached a particular level stayed at that level (a few actually got a new, slightly higher level when the emerald level was added). Here is the chart through the first number of credits for Diamond +. If someone has 25 points now, they will likely be given the new level (but I think it would make business sense to set the bar a little higher, possibly 30-35 just to control the numbers a little bit).

I suspect that you could replace Gold with Classic, Platinum (and maybe Emerald) with Select, Diamond with Elite and Diamond + with whatever they call the new level we all expect. Thanks to Cruise Critic member TPKeller who created the full chart.

1 => 8 => Gold

2 => 15 => Gold

3 => 22 => Gold

4 => 29 => Gold

5 => 38 => Platinum

6 => 45 => Platinum

7 => 52 => Platinum

8 => 69 => Emerald

9 => 76 => Emerald

10 => 83 => Diamond

11 => 90 => Diamond

12 => 97 => Diamond

13 => 104 => Diamond

14 => 111 => Diamond

15 => 118 => Diamond

16 => 125 => Diamond

17 => 132 => Diamond

18 => 139 => Diamond

19 => 146 => Diamond

20 => 153 => Diamond

21 => 160 => Diamond

22 => 167 => Diamond

23 => 174 => Diamond

24 => 181 => Diamond +

I wish some one would answer this, because I have the same question. Would there be a 6 month grace period to allow some one the chance to attain that level.

I wish some one would answer this, because I have the same question. Would there be a 6 month grace period to allow some one the chance to attain that level.

Well, nobody knows for a fact how celebrity is going to do it, but check up a couple of posts to see how RCL handled it. No grace period was necessary because they translated the "old" points to the "new" points that still left a person 1 cruise away from the next level (although in most cases, it would take a 7-day cruise where before a 3 or 4-day might have done the trick).

Well, nobody knows for a fact how celebrity is going to do it, but check up a couple of posts to see how RCL handled it. No grace period was necessary because they translated the "old" points to the "new" points that still left a person 1 cruise away from the next level (although in most cases, it would take a 7-day cruise where before a 3 or 4-day might have done the trick).

That's not true. If you look at your own chart it would take only a 4 day cruise to go from Emerald to Diamond and a 1 day cruise to go from Diamond to Diamond Plus.

The 6 month period was something I suggested. It does not come from Celebrity or any other source. I just think that it would be a good way to increase business by encouraging people to move up. As I've said many, many times in my other posts on this subject. No one has inside information that should be deemed reliable. Celebrity will announce what they want to announce when they want to announce it. Anything I say is only my own speculation based on my connecting the dots. Don't think I'll participate in this discussion any further.

The 6 month period was something I suggested. It does not come from Celebrity or any other source. I just think that it would be a good way to increase business by encouraging people to move up. As I've said many, many times in my other posts on this subject. No one has inside information that should be deemed reliable. Celebrity will announce what they want to announce when they want to announce it. Anything I say is only my own speculation based on my connecting the dots. Don't think I'll participate in this discussion any further.

I think that is an excellent suggestion. Not only would it help those that are close to the next tier, but it would help Celebrity's bottom line. They would be showing their loyality to their customers while making some $$$'s for themselves.

That's not true. If you look at your own chart it would take only a 4 day cruise to go from Emerald to Diamond and a 1 day cruise to go from Diamond to Diamond Plus.

I don't think so as the cruises after the change would be counted on the new scale.

Example:

On the day of conversion, you have 9 Celebrity credits and you are converted to 76 cruise points. A 4-day cruise (unless in CC or a suite) would get you only to 80. Not enough for Diamond/Elite. You would need a 7-day cruise to get the 83 points needed for Diamond/Elite.

And I don't understand why, in your scenario, it would be a 4-day for Platinum to Emerald and only a 1-day for D to D+. Both steps would take 1 credit or 7 points. 9/76 to 10/83 or 23/174 to 24/181.

But we are really talking only theoretically anyway since Celebrity will do whatever they want.

:)I am very happy to see progress towards new levels for the Captain's Club! Really hope they are doing the VIP program on my September cruises on the Millennium and the Solstice. I just hope that the VIP program is transparent and consistent so that one knows what to expect when booking a Celebrity cruise.

BTW I just printed out my sailing history.

If they keep everyone where they are, don't take away any perks...I don't see the big deal.

Sure, bump up those with gazillion cruises to shore excursions to the moon and back - none of us will notice they are gone.

Since it's always been 10 to get to Elite (is that right?) - keep it that way. Then you'll get the very nice but not spectacular perks we Elites with 10 to whatever cruises get. It is going to take me a lifetime to get to the next level (what...25 points? 35? 50?) so I know I'll never get there, but I'm very happy and appreciative of what I do have. I could care less what rose petal strewn kow-towing they do for those above me.

Yes we are. But I know you are a member of a much more distinguished club. Hope to see you and Joanne very soon. Perhaps in Michaels Club:)

We would really look forward to it.. :D

Have skimmed through this posting about potential new "VIP" options, including for some in suites. Not sure if or not that this is connected. From USA Today yesterday, they have this headline: "Cruises go self-serve with wine, beer" with these highlights: "At home, you want a beer or a glass of wine you help yourself. Cruise lines are increasingly adapting a similar style. Self-serve is becoming the rage. Celebrity Cruises started the trend in a rather elegant way, with Italian-made 'enomatic' wine dispensers installed in the Cellar Masters wine bar on Celebrity Solstice, featuring fine wines from around the world. The idea was that cruise passengers can try a sampling whenever they want – just a 1-ounce taste in up to a 5-ounce glass – by swiping their shipboard spending card at the fancy dispensary machines. Only cards coded for those 21 and older will work on the self-serve machines. The machines can now be found on nearly every Celebrity ship. Recently, Norwegian quietly added wine dispensers to its fleet, starting with the Norwegian Breakaway, which debuted in the spring. They will also be found on the Norwegian Getaway, which debuts from Miami in January."

Don't know how much in this story is . . . reality . . . versus . . . media hype?? When last on the Solstice in June 2011, the did not have the Cellar Masters feature. We are looking forward to our first “down under” visit, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Celebrity Solstice sailing, Sydney to Auckland/NZ doing 14 days on this ship.

With this potential Celebrity VIP program, are there any added guesses or predictions for how this will come together?? Then, there is the 1-2-3-Go program for free drinks, etc. As I understand currently, that will not apply in Michael's Club with the wine dispensers. BUT, will it change and/or be modified?

Full story at:

http://www.usatoday.com/experience/cruise/article/cruises-go-self-serve-with-wine-beer/2642325/

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Celebrity Solstice Visual Highlights? From our June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in France, Italy, Kotor and Dubrovnik, I have pull together a number of wonderful visuals of the Solstice, its features, food, entertainment, options, etc. We are now at over 9,541 views for this shorter version of my larger full review of that cruise and all of the port pictures/details. Check these postings and added info at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1803477

As I understand currently, that will not apply in Michael's Club with the wine dispensers. BUT, will it change and/or be modified?

The wine dispensers are not in Michael's.. only In Cellar Masters.

The wine dispensers are not in Michael's.. only In Cellar Masters.

Appreciate your clarification. Just re-checked the Solstice lay-out/map. Got the two different locations mixed up. Sorry!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 139,095 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

I don't think so as the cruises after the change would be counted on the new scale.

Example:

On the day of conversion, you have 9 Celebrity credits and you are converted to 76 cruise points. A 4-day cruise (unless in CC or a suite) would get you only to 80. Not enough for Diamond/Elite. You would need a 7-day cruise to get the 83 points needed for Diamond/Elite.

And I don't understand why, in your scenario, it would be a 4-day for Platinum to Emerald and only a 1-day for D to D+. Both steps would take 1 credit or 7 points. 9/76 to 10/83 or 23/174 to 24/181.

But we are really talking only theoretically anyway since Celebrity will do whatever they want.

But of course you proved yourself wrong once again. Guess what, yes 4 days would get you to 80, hence Diamond, as Diamond is achieved at 80 cruises days. I could go on about D/D+, but..."...

I never mentioned Platinum, so not sure of what your point is there.

Agree, not sure any of us know what Celebrity will do. You however introduced the conversion chart and made erroneous comments.

Celebrity doesn't want to make anyone mad or run them off. I am sure that whatever changes they make will take into consideration all the fears expressed in this thread.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Mea culpa. I was basing all of my comments on the chart. I did not go to the RCL site to look at the actual thresholds for each level.

So where I was looking at 76 days to 83 days, it should have been 76 to 80. Your math is correct, but I stand by my general point that almost no one who was within a single cruise was put in worse shape.

Archived