Room Service/Appetizers

luvSClake

Sorry but would never dream of taking food from the buffet and carrying it back to my cabin just as easy to stay in the buffet and eating it there.

Have you ever had a balcony room to enjoy appetizers on?

If no, you are missing out.

If yes, you are still missing out! ;)

In Alaska, we got a plate of guacamole, salsa, sour cream and chips from the Horizon Court and a plate of pizza sliced in small pieces from the pizza place on deck. Brought it all back to our cabin and had appetizers while watching the glaciers.

I've never ordered room service during sailaway, so I don't know how reliable that would be or how long it would take.

I've never ordered room service during sailaway, so I don't know how reliable that would be or how long it would take.

You can order them online or call princess before you embark. Then they are already in your room when you arrive. See onboard - gifts & services - culinary delights.

- Rose

Have you ever had a balcony room to enjoy appetizers on?

If no, you are missing out.

If yes, you are still missing out! ;)

Yes we have had balcony cabins of varying grades and still wouldnt get food from the buffet and wander through the ship and in the lifts with food to eat on my balcony when there is a perfectly good restaurant to eat in. If I wanted food in my cabin and sit on my balcony I would order room service that is what its for.

You can order them online or call princess before you embark. Then they are already in your room when you arrive. See onboard - gifts & services - culinary delights.

- Rose

Sorry but onboard Princess you will find a card in your cabin upon arrival.

No pre-ordered food, booze, flowers, etc. One must place a call to room service after arrival to schedule delivery of the items that were pre-paid and unless the order was clearly marked "Please have ready for sailaway" food items will not be available immediately due to the workload of room service on turn around day.

Mike:)

Sorry but onboard Princess you will find a card in your cabin upon arrival.

No pre-ordered food, booze, flowers, etc. One must place a call to room service after arrival to schedule delivery of the items that were pre-paid and unless the order was clearly marked "Please have ready for sailaway" food items will not be available immediately due to the workload of room service on turn around day.

I always order flowers for our stateroom and they are either there when we board or arrive shortly thereafter. We have never gotten a card and had to call.

I always order flowers for our stateroom and they are either there when we board or arrive shortly thereafter. We have never gotten a card and had to call.

I stand corrected on the flowers and should not have mentioned them.:o

But they will not find food or booze in the cabin as it is only delivered after calling room service as I found this out several years back.

If you need food items for sailaway you must mark the order form plainly as such.

I stand corrected on the flowers and should not have mentioned them.:o

But they will not find food or booze in the cabin as it is only delivered after calling room service as I found this out several years back.

If you need food items for sailaway you must mark the order form plainly as such.

Well, guess that makes my cruise with my mom all the more special in 2008! (See post #5). Next time I visit her I'll tell her how lucky we were. Normally she's used to things going wrong, not better than expected. We got upgraded to a balcony AND had chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us! Thanks for letting us know how lucky we got.

-Rose

I know you asked about room service, but if your ship has a International cafe they will fix you a nice cheese and fruit plate to take to your room complete with packages of nice crackers! 3 kinds of sliced cheese, grapes and they included some dried apricots and some lovely walnuts also! I wrote up that crew member with one of the cards to recognize going above and beyond! We ate that on our balcony with a glass of wine several times! You can also make your own at the Horizon court as they always have these between 3-6 PM. When our CC group had a cabin crawl I made up one for our cabin that was on the tour. When we had a poker crawl I got cookies from the IC for the ones who came by our cabin to get their card. Your refrigerator in your room can keep these fresh overnight also!

Yes we have had balcony cabins of varying grades and still wouldnt get food from the buffet and wander through the ship and in the lifts with food to eat on my balcony when there is a perfectly good restaurant to eat in. If I wanted food in my cabin and sit on my balcony I would order room service that is what its for.

To each his own. Nothing like the fresh air to enjoy some wine and munchies. We do it all the time. Works out well.

Besides the fresh air, we also enjoy the peace and quiet on the balcony... sometime the buffet or other restaurant areas are too noisey and crowded for out taste.

Archived