Did You Sail More becasue of the 123 Promo

miched

There were definitely some price hikes to cover the cost of the packages, but the cruise we booked has not varied by more than $50 for balcony cabins since we first looked at it before the original 123 GO offer until today. We are very light drinkers and would never pay for a package, either in actual dollars or by way of an inflated price, but we will enjoy it this time. The next cruise we booked we took a seniors' rate without any package because the lower rate was more beneficial to us.

Sheila

Actually we found the prices for a 1C balcony less with the beverage package for our February cruise in 2014 than we paid on Eclipse last year. I have gone back on checking prices and the same category is now $300 more per couple without the beverage package than we paid with it.

We'll be taking our first Celebrity cruise in 5 weeks. The beverage package just sweetened the pot for us...had a good price already. But, I have to admit that if I like Celebrity, if they have another Wave promotion the beginning of the year, it may help me decide whether I sail Celebrity or Princess when I research my Med cruise plans for next summer.

Pat :)

Booked with Celebrity solely due to the 123 promotion (found it by googling drink packages;was not aware they really existed on cruises or that Celebrity was even a cruise line!) It was a 7 night last spring on the Reflection and now have booked again because we liked the line and because the promotion returned.

Previously we sailed Carnival, Royal and Norwegian. Quite frankly we probably fall into a very small percentage of cruisers: we really don't notice much difference amongst any of these lines, including Celebity. We LOVE THEM ALL.

Booked with Celebrity solely due to the 123 promotion (found it by googling drink packages;was not aware they really existed on cruises or that Celebrity was even a cruise line!) It was a 7 night last spring on the Reflection and now have booked again because we liked the line and because the promotion returned.

Previously we sailed Carnival, Royal and Norwegian. Quite frankly we probably fall into a very small percentage of cruisers: we really don't notice much difference amongst any of these lines, including Celebity. We LOVE THEM ALL.

You are right about not much diiference between these lines. How sailed all many times and could not tell any diff.

YES!!! We love that the cruise feels all inclusive with the drink package. We do drink alcohol and always upgrade to the premium alcohol package, but even if we didn't drink alcohol we drink lots of other things throughout the day that would add up. We have been booking strictly with Celebrity due to this and I feel we also are choosing cruising more often for our vacations. Now I am just waiting and hoping that they will offer the 1-2-3 deal on a solstice class transatlantic. :D

We also will be taking our first cruise on Celebrity, and the 123 promotion did catch our attention. The no smoking policy inside and on balcony rooms also caught our attention as well.

The (non ) smoking policy is fantastic. I also agree that the drink package offer is also fantastic but as some people do not drink, it is not for everyone. I do hope that they keep these offers coming from time to time, as we will book them if itinerary, timing and price all coincide.:D

• 2 weeks later...
We'll be taking our first Celebrity cruise in 5 weeks. The beverage package just sweetened the pot for us...had a good price already. But, I have to admit that if I like Celebrity, if they have another Wave promotion the beginning of the year, it may help me decide whether I sail Celebrity or Princess when I research my Med cruise plans for next summer.

And YES! Choose your perk starts Aug. 30!!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

The (non ) smoking policy is fantastic. I also agree that the drink package offer is also fantastic but as some people do not drink, it is not for everyone. I do hope that they keep these offers coming from time to time, as we will book them if itinerary, timing and price all coincide.:D

There are two other options with the 123 that you can choose from. You aren't required to take the drink pack.

There are two other options with the 123 that you can choose from. You aren't required to take the drink pack.

The new Pick your Perk will add a 4th option! Up to $600 off ChoiceAir! Perfect for my Med cruise plans!

We were looking at 2 spring break cruises for 11 nightS in march of 14. One on RCI and the other on Celebrity. The drink package closed the gap enough we went with Celebrity and probably booked 6 months earlier than we otherwise would have.

We were looking at 2 spring break cruises for 11 nightS in march of 14. One on RCI and the other on Celebrity. The drink package closed the gap enough we went with Celebrity and probably booked 6 months earlier than we otherwise would have.

Hopefully the one on X is first. That way you will get your fill of drinking. We had 2 B2B cruise on X but on different ships and both had the drink package. Found that our drinking tapered down after a few days. It is nice to try all the drinks and then know what you like before having to pay for them.

No it has no impact. I know when I want to cruise and what sort of pricing I like. All the 123 Promo does is change the numbers.

This summer I did an Adriatic Cruise. I was tempted to book when the 123 Promo was on but felt the prices were a little too high. I waited and wound up booking a Guarantee for significantly less than I would have booked under the 123. When I look at how much we spent on wine and such we still came out ahead by waiting.

It definitely influenced our cruise decision making. As of Nov 2012, we had planned to go on one cruise in 2013. By Jan, we had 3 cruises on the books. As mentioned above, 1 cruise was planned; one was added because some friends wanted to take advantage of the 1-2-3 (new business for Celebrity bc our friends most likely would have gone to Carnival - cause thats what they were looking at & we were not going to go Carnival with them; but when they changed to Celebrity - it was a no brainer) and then we planned an additional family cruise which we had talked about doing again in the next couple years; but with the promotion it made sense to do it this year. For us it is a signicant financial savings and for Celebrity; they aren't really losing that much considering the upchage on drinks.

Archived