Did You Sail More becasue of the 123 Promo

miched

We had just got of of the Summit from a Bermuda cruise in May 2012. It was our 3rd cruise on X. We have a much higher status from the clubs on Princess and Carnival so we booked basically 2 B2B cruises on the Dream and Ruby during Oct and Nov 2012. Went on the cruises and enjoyed them for various reasons. X came out the 123 promo shortly after and that became a offer that we couldn't pass up so we booked 2 cruises that were B2B but on different ships during Feb and March 2013. The reason that we do that is because we drive to FL from Mi so we want to make it worth the trip. Plus the credits from the 2 cruises put us into the Elite status. I doubt that we would have booked those cruises without the 123 promo. We also took another Bermuda cruise without the 123 promo because we wanted to take advantage of the perks for being Elite plus we also wanted to go back there. We now have 3 more 14 day cruises in the next 9 months booked because of that promo and I doubt that we would have booked that many if it wasn't for that promo. The part of the promo that we take is the drink pack.

Wondering how many others booked more cruises than planned because of the 123?

I'm looking at a January 2015 Princess cruise, but have not booked just in case there's a 123 deal on "X" for that time.... so while I haven't booked just for the 123... I may if they wave the deal under my nose. :D

We have had all our future cruises booked for the itinerary.

When the 123 came out, we were told we were not eligible as it was for new bookings only. We promptly cancelled all three cruises and re-booked them with the package, with a TA and received OBC as well.

So without actually making us book more cruises, it certainly changed the bookings we had.:D

No, we were planning on our New Years cruise and the 123 package came along. When we booked Alaska there was no package but we ended up with a nice ship board credit so we're happy. Even if they offered one now the price of our cruise with the land tour has gone up well beyond what we are paying.

We've also booked and cancelled 2 other cruises that did not have the package for reasons other than no package.

Mary Lou

Booked the next one because of 123, and booked the 2015 one while researching the previous one because we realized how much we saved booking so far out. Even if they choose to offer a promo, we would not cancel and re-book the 2015 (Summit, South Caribbean) because we got a primo cabin (1140) and we got it for a very reasonable rate!! We would, however, book one in between these two if a good promo presented itself, and we would sacrifice one of our land vacations.

Booked the next one because of 123, and booked the 2015 one while researching the previous one because we realized how much we saved booking so far out. Even if they choose to offer a promo, we would not cancel and re-book the 2015 (Summit, South Caribbean) because we got a primo cabin (1140) and we got it for a very reasonable rate!! We would, however, book one in between these two if a good promo presented itself, and we would sacrifice one of our land vacations.

The cancelling and re-booking only works in some cases, if your original buy price is a really good deal, then the promo would not cover the new costs incurred.:D

We booked long before the 1,2,3 Promo came out, however, we converted our second phase of our BtoB on the Infinity this past June, and it was the "best Deal" ever!! We were able to move to Aqua Class + the 1,2,3 Promo very close to the same amount we booked for (CAT 9 inside cabin). We took the Onboard credit + the free Gratuities. The Elite happy hour is enough alcohol for us!:rolleyes::)

Kel

Actually, we may have cruised less with the 1 2 3 promo because every time I priced a cruise with that promotion it was significantly higher than we had paid before.

Since we don't drink, or very little, not even pop very often, it definitely wasn't a good deal for us.

I suppose if we did book with that promo we might have some pop or (me only) special coffees, but I don't need or want it. We'd rather have a lower cruise price.

123 GO was the reason we are going to Panama for our next vacation, instead of the UK. It was always our plan (we even bought a Passages for the eventuality) but moving it up made sense when we could get $1500 in free alcohol! I mean 8 sea days, it's perfect! :D

If I was retired, and/or lived in Florida, I'd have booked more than one cruise, especially with the half price deposits back in January.

We had Jewel booked for April 2014. Then when the 123Promo came out, I priced Summit against Jewel. Even with my D+ balcony discount, Summit was $400 less expensive. Then throw in the 123promo for the beverage package and it was a no brainer. Gave up my $100 OBC I had for booking onboard, transferred the reservation over to Celebrity and are now booked on Summit with the 123promo.

Having the option to purchase a drink package in the first place is what originally turned our attention to Celebrity; however, since we loved our first Celebrity cruise experience so much, when the 123Promo came out it really was a no brainer to book this year’s TA with Celebrity as well…

In retrospect, since we would have purchased the drink package anyway, our C2 cabin would need to drop in price to less than $700pp to equal the value we received through this promotion.

We feel pretty safe in saying that we received an amazing deal :p…

Yes, we cruised celebrity less! We aren't interested in the drink package and we often get free gratuities and obc's from our TA or stockholder benefits, so the increased prices just weren't worth it. We finally booked a TA when our TA offered a price some $900 less than what celebrity was charging, but without 123. The TA gave us gratuities and we will hopefully get the stockholder obc.

1-2-3 isn't a plus in Our case when the fare is hiked to cover the benefits.

There were definitely some price hikes to cover the cost of the packages, but the cruise we booked has not varied by more than $50 for balcony cabins since we first looked at it before the original 123 GO offer until today. We are very light drinkers and would never pay for a package, either in actual dollars or by way of an inflated price, but we will enjoy it this time. The next cruise we booked we took a seniors' rate without any package because the lower rate was more beneficial to us.

Sheila

There were definitely some price hikes to cover the cost of the packages,

This is certainly true in some cases, and those not taking the drink package didn't benefit as much. For example, my father in law is coming along and chose the $300 OBC. fast-forward and his cabin dropped $625, enough to change and still come out ahead.

We pick cruises based on the date, price and ship which is our order of importance.

The alcohol package is nice but since we are not big drinkers we see it as "worth" about $30-$35 for the two of us each day.

Therefore it is the equivalent of an OBC of $225 per week and we count it as such.

No we don't book because of the 123 drink promo. We discount any perk like gratuities, OBC or drinks package in to the cost of the cruise.

We also include the cost of air to get a total cruise vacation cost and then compare our options.

Archived