Coco Cay beverage question

Cheryl H

I haven't been to Coco Cay since the 1990's. We are not getting a cabana. But if we are thirsty, does the bar have ice cold waters for sale? Do we use our ship cards at the bar? Or cash? I'm assuming once the buffet opens up, then there will be cold beverages for free with the lunch.

Our trip is end of October. I read that jelly fish can sometimes be a problem in the fall. I hope they are gone by then.

Thanks for the info.

Cheryl

Coco Cay is basically an extension of the ship - you use your card and what they sell on board is pretty much what they have on the island - altho undoubtedly not as much of a wine selection. There was iced tea - and 'flavored water' at lunch

The roaming waiters and golf carts are cool! Get your cooler of beer and coco loco, find that remote spot and you're set for the day!

null_zps1df969ec.jpg

null_zpsf2b6bb8f.jpg

null_zps447df1b0.jpg

null_zps3eabc3c2.jpg

null_zps7f254be8.jpg

Catch some great Jamaican music!

null_zpse678b24b.jpg

Have a great cruise and super time on Coco Cay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Thanks for the photos!! Love the cooler. Wonder if you can get one of those for just bottled waters. I'm betting the answer is no.

The last time on was on the Majesty I asked about getting a cooler, I was told you had to buy bud products. I don't drink that so no cooler for me.

If you have bought the premium drinks package, is this extended to coco cay?

from the RCI web site:

Food & Beverage

s.gif

Q: In which venues will the all-inclusive beverage packages be honored?s.gif

A: The beverage packages are honored at any of our bars or lounges, Windjammer Café, Main Dining Room, and our private destinations during normal business hours. Room service and minibar are not included.

• 2 weeks later...
Wondering if we will be able to purchase the cooler along for our beers since we will have the drink package?

Any experience with this anyone???

No, you cannot purchase it with the drinks program. You can only purchase 1 drink at a time per card that's on the program. You can probably buy the cooler itself and have it charged to your account, but it will definitley not be included.

Even the "fancy" shot glasses that they promote on the cruise are not inluded. We were totally great with this because we don't need more shot glasses at home, but I think some were hoping to get them.

The premium drinks package was AWESOME to have on Coco Cay. We drank our little bar at Barefoot Beach dry of CocoLocos and Coronas!! FYI, once a bar runs out of their daily stock, they don't restock. You'll have to move to another bar. By the end of the day most of the bars were out of almost everything.

The cool plastic Corona glasses (that look like a Corona bottle with a funnel at the top) ran out by mid day!

Archived