All Access Tour

ejnsb

We just returned from a 4-day on Enchantment and a highlight for us was the All Access Tour. For $75 per couple we received a three hour visit to places only crew members are normally allowed. At each of our stops, a senior officer from that area would tell us about their operation. I will probably forget something but these are some of the areas we visited:

Crew mess - HR Director talked about hiring, length f contracts, etc.

Supply area- Inventory Manager talked about the provisions and showed us a couple of lockers.

Galley - Sous chef talked about feeding 2400 guests and 860 crew 24/7

Engineers room- Senior engineer

Theater- dance captain and tech guy

Bridge- met with Captain Gus and by the way, awesome view from there.

I don't know if the other ships offer this but I highly recommend it. One caveat- lots of walking and standing.

We did it on Navigator as part of a Wishes auction prize, and it was great. the best bits for us were the Galley Tour and the Bridge Tour, where my son got to blow the ship's horn :)

Sounds like fun. Do you know the age requirement to this tour (minimum age)? I don't see it offered online, do you have to book once onboard?

Were you staying in a suite? We did the All Access Tour on Oasis. It was awesome! But I believe it was only available for suite guests. We got the info about it before our cruise via email from the concierge. We were staying in a suite on this cruise but I seem to recall you could book it once onboard through the concierge so I guess if you are D+ and have access to the concierge you could also book it. It has very limited availability so you need to sign up for it ASAP.

We did our first All Access Tour last week on FotS. It was definitely well worth it! We toured the bridge, galley, supply rooms, stateroom maintenance, theater, ice rink, engine control, crew quarters, crew lounge, crew exercise room, accounting/purser/payroll, anchor/mooring line room, butcher room, etc. Ate a brief lunch with some of the officers and concluded with nice parting gifts (champane, lanyard, embroidered All Access Tour chef's apron and beach/shopping bag). No open toes/shorts were allowed, so I had to "dress up". :o

Sounds like fun. Do you know the age requirement to this tour (minimum age)? I don't see it offered online, do you have to book once onboard?

We did this on the Monarch last Christmas. Both my kids went along and enjoyed it. (Ages 10 and 11). There will be a notice in your daily compass.

Great to see Enchantment offering it for the $75 per couple. (That's what we paid on the Monarch). So much more affordable than the $150 per person on the larger ships.

Going on Oasis in Oct...is this a perk for D+ (newbie) and if not how much is the tour...?

Congrats.

The paid all access tour is for everyone but at a price. $150 per person. This tour is 3 to 4 hours in length and covers a lot of areas behind the scenes.

D+ members are eligible for a behind the scenes tour (I think you have a choice of a couple sections of the ship. I.e. bridge, galley) You will get an invite for this from the LA. If not ask.

Has anyone heard of the pricing on Grandeur. I've heard about this tour and it sounds great but at $150 it's a bit pricy so I've been planning it for Quantum next year. If the Grandeur is $75 for a 4 hour tour as well that might be worth it to try in January and have the comparison for Quantum next year.

It is available on the Oasis and Allure to all guests. Go to guest services when you board to sign up. It is done multiple times thru the week. (At least it was on ours) The cost was 150 and lasts 2-3 hours. Long pants and closed toe shoes are required. Be aware, you use the stairs to go from place to place. :) If your in a suite, I assume it is a perk? Not sure

It is available on the Oasis and Allure to all guests. Go to guest services when you board to sign up. It is done multiple times thru the week. (At least it was on ours) The cost was 150 and lasts 2-3 hours. Long pants and closed toe shoes are required. Be aware, you use the stairs to go from place to place. :) If your in a suite, I assume it is a perk? Not sure

No, it wasn't a perk for suite guests on our Oasis cruise. Don't I wish! LOL! It cost $150 p/p but I'm pretty sure at the time (nearly 2 years ago) it was only available to those with access to the concierge. And there was no lunch included then.

Apparently RCCL has seen what a money-maker it can be for them and have decided to offer it to all. It's a great tour and worth the price, in my opinion. Even my penny-pinching hubby agrees. :D

There wasn't an age requirement as far as I'm aware. The youngest child on our tour was about 12 I think. It involved being checked and scanned by security to get onto the Bridge, and we hadn't to wear open toed sandals in the Galley, for hygiene reasons. We also had to be quiet in some areas, so perhaps young children wouldn't be allowed? Not sure about that though.

I didn't see it offered on line either, but I think it was offered in the Cruise Compass when we got onboard. I think it was $150 per person (but I could be wrong about that). We didn't book it that way though. We bid for it in a Wishes Auction, and paid $270 to win it, but the prize included other things too.

I wouldn't have paid $300 for 2 of us just to go on the Tour alone, but it was good fun! :D

No, it wasn't a perk for suite guests on our Oasis cruise. Don't I wish! LOL! It cost $150 p/p but I'm pretty sure at the time (nearly 2 years ago) it was only available to those with access to the concierge. And there was no lunch included then.

Apparently RCCL has seen what a money-maker it can be for them and have decided to offer it to all. It's a great tour and worth the price, in my opinion. Even my penny-pinching hubby agrees. :D

Lunch? There was no lunch offered in May. I have not seen anyone post about a lunch included on these two ships. I guess it depends on the ship. :)

We just returned from a 4-day on Enchantment and a highlight for us was the All Access Tour. For $75 per couple we received a three hour visit to places only crew members are normally allowed. At each of our stops, a senior officer from that area would tell us about their operation. I will probably forget something but these are some of the areas we visited:

Crew mess - HR Director talked about hiring, length f contracts, etc.

Supply area- Inventory Manager talked about the provisions and showed us a couple of lockers.

Galley - Sous chef talked about feeding 2400 guests and 860 crew 24/7

Engineers room- Senior engineer

Theater- dance captain and tech guy

Bridge- met with Captain Gus and by the way, awesome view from there.

I don't know if the other ships offer this but I highly recommend it. One caveat- lots of walking and standing.

That sounds like a great price. Was it in the afternoon of a sea day? If it's timed just right for our kiddo to be in Adventure Ocean, I might just sign my husband and myself up. Did you have to go to Guest Relations on day 1 to sign up?

In Dec 2012 on the Liberty, I booked the "behind the scenes/chops package" for my wife and I. It was $170 a person so a savings of $10 a person compared to buying it separately. Here is a link to some pictures I took of it: http://pblq.com/bts.html

It was interesting, but I have been on many Disney behind the scenes tours that were much less per hour. Plus I wish we had seen more of the "engineering" side of things.

We're on Freedom on the 10/6 cruise; while playing with the pre-cruise planner on the RCI website, I clicked on "Specialty dining Packages"

The all access tour is $170/pp, but includes one meal at Chops and one meal at Portofino.

We are looking forward to the tour, which will be on the Friday sea day

for 3 1/2 hours.

Barb

Archived