"On Hold" status on booking in My Celebrity

JezzaC

We made booking couple weeks ago. When I login, our cruise shows status Booked. But when I go to details or would like purchase something - there shows status On Hold for our booking. It also states that we should pay the deposit.

We have paid deposit and our TA says it has been paid to Celebrity.

Anyone has ever had same situation?

We made booking to couple weeks ago. When I login, our cruise shows status Booked. But when I go to details or would like purchase something - there shows status On Hold for our booking. It also states that we should pay the deposit.

Anyone has even had same situation?

Have experienced the same several times. Tends to happen if you have a group booking. Let your TA check with Celebrity and change the status of your booking.

Our TA has now tried all explanations about this issue to us. Starting from booking being always on hold for 48 hours until checking it online and so on.

And today they claimed same again.

I decided to give a call to Captain's Club. They tried to convince me contacting the TA but when I said how the service has been - they will now contact the group booking department and solve it out.

Also made sure that Celebrity has actually received our deposit.

Hi Jezza,

As long as Celebrity has confirmed they've received your deposit, all should be fine. FWIW, I had a similar situation recently with a recent Century booking, where it showed "On Hold" after we had made deposit. In our case, a phone call to Captains Club confirmed all was fine, and I hope it's the same for you.

I hope this is helpful. Have a wonderful Cruise !

Our TA has now tried all explanations about this issue to us. Starting from booking being always on hold for 48 hours until checking it online and so on.

And today they claimed same again.

I decided to give a call to Captain's Club. They tried to convince me contacting the TA but when I said how the service has been - they will now contact the group booking department and solve it out.

Also made sure that Celebrity has actually received our deposit.

So it was a Group Booking as I suspected. Group bookings are handled by a separate department. There are times when I agency doesn't confirm their bookings until a significant number are sold. I know that it is wise to take care of your reservation; however your TA is paid a commission by Celebrity to handle this type of situation. The Feb. 15th Century cruise was plagued with this situation for at least 48-72 hours before it was all resolved. One particular agency appeared to have made most of the bookings. Enjoy your cruise.

We made booking couple weeks ago. When I login, our cruise shows status Booked. But when I go to details or would like purchase something - there shows status On Hold for our booking. It also states that we should pay the deposit.

Anyone has ever had same situation?

If you haven't done so try logging out of the mycelebrity instead of just closing the window.

The last two times we changed our cabin from the originally booked cabin it stayed on hold until we contacted our TA to have them remove the hold. I don't think that a 24 hour hold that stays on for a week is going to go away by itself. Another example of X's wonderful computer system

While Celebrity does have many computer problems (I've experienced quite a few) in this case the Celebrity computer may not be the problem.

I have a mismatch issue myself. Mycelebrity says that I have select dining (prepaid gratuities too) however the other night when i bought a bev package, it generated some email and that email said i had 630pm dining! What the heck.

Right when we were finally able to book an excursion when our "hold" was removed we got a very nice receipt showing all the excursions we had booked for that cruise but showing 6:30 pm dining. Another panicked e-mail to our TA verified we were still late seating. Sigh!

Now about 1,5 hour after the call to Captain's Club everything is done. Our booking shows as Booked status correctly and we could do the booking for restaurants and shore excursions.

So seems that several emails to TA didn't help (and they claim being calling to Celebrity about this) - and one call directly to Captain's Club and everything is done.

Now about 1,5 hour after the call to Captain's Club everything is done. Our booking shows as Booked status correctly and we could do the booking for restaurants and shore excursions.

So seems that several emails to TA didn't help (and they claim being calling to Celebrity about this) - and one call directly to Captain's Club and everything is done.

Glad that you got it fixed, but I knew you would. As I said this is a common problem if you have a group booking. All of those I know on Century who had the same problem used the same online agency. Sorry, can't mention name here. Once I got it fixed a miracle happened and just about all had it fixed. Those who didn't had "guarantees".

On the couple of occasions that I have been part of a group booking, the "My Reservations" page had the same "On Hold for 24 Hours" notation for weeks on end, although the deposit clearly had been paid. The first time this happened it concerned me as I had no idea what was going on. I called X, and finally spoke with someone in Customer Service who had them change the notation on the web site to "Booked," since everyone on Celebrity's end agreed that nothing was on hold at all and I was properly booked.

The second time, I found it totally annoying, but at least I knew what the likely cause was -- the group booking.

But I think it is still wise to confirm what's going on when your "My Reservations" page does not square with reality.

On the couple of occasions that I have been part of a group booking, the "My Reservations" page had the same "On Hold for 24 Hours" notation for weeks on end, although the deposit clearly had been paid. The first time this happened it concerned me as I had no idea what was going on. I called X, and finally spoke with someone in Customer Service who had them change the notation on the web site to "Booked," since everyone on Celebrity's end agreed that nothing was on hold at all and I was properly booked.

The second time, I found it totally annoying, but at least I knew what the likely cause was -- the group booking.

But I think it is still wise to confirm what's going on when your "My Reservations" page does not square with reality.

Most annoying thing for us was that TA didn't mention that the issue was the group booking. I am pretty sure that agent knew the problem. I would have been happy with the explanation and waiting for it to be done by them later on.

Most annoying thing for us was that TA didn't mention that the issue was the group booking. I am pretty sure that agent knew the problem. I would have been happy with the explanation and waiting for it to be done by them later on.

Not all agents are created equal. Some might not even know that the price that appears on their screen is a group booking. There have been several threads on "Group Bookings". They usually require a higher initial payment than a non group booking, but they usually have much better perks. A group booking may also make you ineligible to receive certain price reductions.

So it was a Group Booking as I suspected. Group bookings are handled by a separate department. There are times when I agency doesn't confirm their bookings until a significant number are sold. I know that it is wise to take care of your reservation; however your TA is paid a commission by Celebrity to handle this type of situation. The Feb. 15th Century cruise was plagued with this situation for at least 48-72 hours before it was all resolved. One particular agency appeared to have made most of the bookings. Enjoy your cruise.

Mine is still not resolved and I'm not concerned. TA contacted X and they fixed it but then it reverted back a few days later. I think it's a system problem on X's end. It leaves people with uneasy feeling but it's all good.

Mine is still not resolved and I'm not concerned. TA contacted X and they fixed it but then it reverted back a few days later. I think it's a system problem on X's end. It leaves people with uneasy feeling but it's all good.

That IS a Celebrity computer problem.

Right when we were finally able to book an excursion when our "hold" was removed we got a very nice receipt showing all the excursions we had booked for that cruise but showing 6:30 pm dining. Another panicked e-mail to our TA verified we were still late seating. Sigh!

That's likely the same thing I got lol. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing lol.

This is my first time booking with an online TA. I had the same problem about my reservation showing on hold on Celebrity. A call to the TA took care of it. Now it shows booked. But does not show my perks I called the TA back and they said it will not show the perks until we board:eek:

Is that common with online booking??

This is my first time booking with an online TA. I had the same problem about my reservation showing on hold on Celebrity. A call to the TA took care of it. Now it shows booked. But does not show my perks I called the TA back and they said it will not show the perks until we board:eek:

If the perk is coming from the TA and not X, it wont show up in your on board account until the 2nd day usually.

A perk from X has always been listed on the invoice, in my experience.

If it is a Celebrity perk based on Pick Your Perk campaign - it should show also online on the reservation. Our TA said it could take few weeks to appear. For us it took eventually three days.

If it is OBC from the TA then it won't show on the Celebrity website. Just print the documents from TA with you to the cruise.

Thank you, airawoman & JezzaC.

I got the classic beverage package from Celebrity with an upgrade to premium from the TA plus prepaid gratuities. Celebrity account only shows the cruise booked. I had always dealt direct with the cruise lines, booking through an online TA is all new to me.

Archived