Alaskan Rhapsody Aug 23rd-30th Photo Trip Report

Sinppu

Sinny, your reviews and pictures are so much fun to read/see and with your friends added to this one just has me smiling the whole time - you are all so adorable....

Keep it coming - hubby and I have an Alaskan cruise on our bucket list.

:):):)

Barb

Hi Barb! Good to see you again here on the boards :)

We had so much fun we're still laughing at some things :D

I am loving your review!! Glad you made it to the port on time.. Can't wait for the "rest of the story" lol..:)

Me too. Geez it felt like we were cutting it close. Pheeew.

Americanized already. Baseball and hot dogs. Great together. Hope you enjoyed your visit to the USA.

Dude, that was Canada. We rock the hot dogs & baseball too. :D

Sinny I love the review. You take great images. Thanks for making Vancouver look so good. Can't wait to see what the cruise brings. We're thinking of doing Alaska next. This will be bookmarked for sure.

After the Muster Drill we went to the pool deck for the sail away party.

IMG_2972.JPG

There were quite a few people as the weather was nice and sunny.

IMG_2990.JPG

IMG_2975.JPG

Seattle is a beautiful port to leave behind.

IMG_2985.JPG

I love dogs. This one made me very happy everyday as I saw the three of them having a lot of fun around the ship.

IMG_2992.JPG

And the compulsory wake shot. Yeah, I do them too. Geek.

IMG_3006.JPG

What a great start to your review. Pictures are amazing and I really like your style of writing. I would love to do an Alaskan cruise. It is on my bucket list, but somehow I believe my bucket has a hole in it......:p So, I will just have to enjoy it through your review.

Thanks

Gwen :)

You are welcome. More to come!!

Dude, that was Canada. We rock the hot dogs & baseball too. :D

Sinny I love the review. You take great images. Thanks for making Vancouver look so good. Can't wait to see what the cruise brings. We're thinking of doing Alaska next. This will be bookmarked for sure.

Thank you! It wasn't an effort at all. Hubby just asked me today when can we go back to Canada and Vancouver :p

Sunny turned windy quite soon.

IMG_2986.JPG

Which is of course when we intelligent and civilized adults had to try if the saying "If the wind turns, your face will stay like that" is true...

IMG_2994.JPG

IMG_2996.JPG

It's not.

But the one "The more you booze, the better your cruize" is.

IMG_3020.JPG

Soon there was a dance party going on.

IMG_3033.JPG

And we couldn't and wouldn't miss it.

IMG_3034.JPG

Even the boys joined in (though they deny any memory of it and claim this is just Lowry coming to offer me a drink).

IMG_3634.JPG

Shaking our moneymakers even off the dance floor.

IMG_3052.JPG

We then went to the Solarium where they have Park Café.

IMG_3017.JPG

Lowry already knew what he'd eat and persuaded Thommo to try the same. After the first bite his reaction was quite simple: "I wonder how many roast beef sandwiches I'll eat this week? 10? 20?"

IMG_3079.JPG

After some planning we decided to walk around the whole ship and see as much as we can.

IMG_3081.JPG

IMG_3082.JPG

Sinny,

I knew you were planning on getting this out from one of your posts a while back. As we are booked on Rhapsody for next year, I was watching for your review, because I very much enjoy your review style and you take and post great pics too!

Thanks so much for sharing and I look forward to the rest unfolding.

bobj

Love your report so far, and reading with great interest as we're doing an Alaska cruise on Rhapsody next May. I've already added the Stackhouse in Yaletown to my notebook to consider for a meal in Vancouver, our departure city. Can't wait to read more!

THANK YOU Sinny! I was just on the Rhapsody in June and had planned on doing a review as well but time just seemed to get away from me! :( Now I can relive everything through your wonderful pictures and commentary! Love your style! Can't wait for more.:D

Sinny,

Sometime ago when I had read that you were going to Alaska on August 23, I was thrilled, thinking I would get to meet you...until I read you were on Rhapsody. We also went to Alaska on August 23, but on Radiance out of Vancouver.

Love your reviews!

Sini, I was waiting to see your report, as I like your writing style a lot. I just wonder how it took me over 4hours to see it. oh well, I am on board now.

So far I have amused my Dear Husband with tales from 'my American CC family' aka Kanscocoa and 'my German CC family' (better known as Stef, Tanja & Tarik). From now on, you'll be known as My Finnish CC family. Deal with it!

i am following your earlier footsteps to Navigator in abt 25 days... Maybe Alaska also some day.

Miryam

Sinny,

I knew you were planning on getting this out from one of your posts a while back. As we are booked on Rhapsody for next year, I was watching for your review, because I very much enjoy your review style and you take and post great pics too!

Thanks so much for sharing and I look forward to the rest unfolding.

bobj

Great, always glad to help. More to come, I promise :)

Love your report so far, and reading with great interest as we're doing an Alaska cruise on Rhapsody next May. I've already added the Stackhouse in Yaletown to my notebook to consider for a meal in Vancouver, our departure city. Can't wait to read more!

Hi! The StackHouse was so great. Everyone enjoyed their meal very much. Thommo is our burger connoisseur and he gave the place top marks!

Sinny,

Sometime ago when I had read that you were going to Alaska on August 23, I was thrilled, thinking I would get to meet you...until I read you were on Rhapsody. We also went to Alaska on August 23, but on Radiance out of Vancouver.

Love your reviews!

Oh Janice, bad luck :(

We'll meet some day I'm sure, let's just keep cruising :)

Sinny, I was waiting to see your report, as I like your writing style a lot. I just wonder how it took me over 4hours to see it. oh well, I am on board now.

So far I have amused my Dear Husband with tales from 'my American CC family' aka Kanscocoa and 'my German CC family' (better known as Stef, Tanja & Tarik). From now on, you'll be known as My Finnish CC family. Deal with it!

i am following your earlier footsteps to Navigator in abt 25 days... Maybe Alaska also some day.

Miryam

Well ha!! Here I am in all my glory :D

Really enjoying this so far. And will be really interested to hear your final verdict on the inside cabin.

Hello and welcome.

My final verdict as a very frugal (cheap...scrooge...penny-pincher) person is that we will continue cruising in an inside cabin.

We've tried balconies three times, once an oceanview and now twice an inside.

We have made a deal that when we win the lottery, we shall try the biggest suite there is. Until then I just can't justify the price difference when the inside is completely sufficient.

On with the show.

We went up to Viking Crown Lounge, where they also had the night club. We never made it there a second time, old tossers.

IMG_3083.JPG

Anouk was the only person in our group who would've been interested in trying Izumi but at the end she decided against it.

You pay both cover charge and a la carte prices and she didn't fancy dining alone, so our only contact with Izumi was walking through it as we exited the VC Lounge.

IMG_3084.JPG

The Centrum is the heart of the Rhapsody and there were always lots of people there, even when there weren't any activities, shows or music.

IMG_3085.JPG

The Theatre got our group very excited and Ann wanted to see as many shows as possible. We ended up seeing a few, some better than others.

IMG_3091.JPG

The music theme is well played out everywhere on the ship.

IMG_3094.JPG

IMG_3095.JPG

Edited by Sinppu

The weather was still nice enough to spend some time out on deck.

IMG_3098.JPG

IMG_3099.JPG

Well we are from Scandinavia after all. Our nice might not be everyone else's nice...

Ann tested her telekinetic skills. She didn't really convince us, though.

IMG_3100.JPG

Those of you who know me, might remember that I'm married to a gambler. Plus I'm a dealer. That's how we met Thommo, he used to be a colleague of mine. And Anouk was a dealer back in the days.

Ann has no clue, what's a full house or a straight flush. She also thinks it's rude to call Jack black, so she never returned to this part of the ship whereas the rest of us visited quite often.

IMG_3105.JPG

One of us actually every night. I will keep their anonymity, but just as long as I'm entitled to half his winnings.

IMG_3109.JPG

Rhapsody has many commemorative plaques right around the corner of the Guest Services on deck 5.

IMG_3111.JPG

IMG_3112.JPG

The Dining Package was sold also on board.

IMG_3114.JPG

Here you can see the R Bar. Our cabins were on deck 4 and very close by, so we came here quite often. We always got excellent service and gave some extra tips to the bartenders here as they remembered our favourite drinks by Day 3.

IMG_3115.JPG

Due to the stress of the day, we were all pretty beat early. We went for a quick dinner in the Windjammer and hit the sack right after sunset.

IMG_3117.JPG

Thanks everyone for reading. I will be back tomorrow for fun to come! ;)

Hello and welcome.

My final verdict as a very frugal (cheap...scrooge...penny-pincher) person is that we will continue cruising in an inside cabin.

We've tried balconies three times, once an oceanview and now twice an inside.

We have made a deal that when we win the lottery, we shall try the biggest suite there is. Until then I just can't justify the price difference when the inside is completely sufficient.

Oh, I just love your Scrooge-attitude. I wish I could see the same attitude with my DH, who while being cheap on some things, insists on two things while cruising:1) the ship has to have been built in Finland - namely Turku, Finland and 2) he needs to have a balcony. Balcony cabins do cost too much. We could take more cruises if he'd accept inside cabins... Well, too bad. I just hope he is not going to become a suite snob after our Navigator Junior suite... It's bad enough to deal with a balcony snob. And I have no other option but to stick to Royal Caribbean cruise ships, which is not at all a bad thing - except that some other cruise lines might be more cost efficient...