Enough smoking talk - how about some pictures

nbsjcruiser

The Radiance class are just beautiful ships inside and out. The glass elevators that overlook the ocean, eating out back of the Windjammer in the outside air and watching the water behind you. You'll find people who have been on that class of ship for the most part really believe that they are RCI's most beautiful ship. I was kind of hoping that they'd take that class and make a bigger version when they built the Quantum.

I take a bit different tack. I think the Radiance class are fine ships and thoroughly enjoyed my cruises on Jewel and Radiance. However, I do not think they are a quantum leap [pun intended] beyond other RCI ships. I have enjoyed all my RCI cruises and the ships that got me there. I think the feel is similar on all of them.

To OP: hope sorry for hi-jacking your thread with my pictures, but thought, as long as it keeps us away from the "S" word, why not.

Guest maddycat

Thanks for your post, it brought back some wonderful memories. We've been on 2 Canada/New England cruises. One was on the Golden Princess (our one and only Princess cruise) and the other was on Celebrity's Constellation (our second favorite cruiseline after RCI). We enjoyed both. I prefer cool weather so Canada/New England was perfect for me. My husband loves warm weather so he prefers a Caribbean cruise.

The Radiance class are just beautiful ships inside and out. The glass elevators that overlook the ocean, eating out back of the Windjammer in the outside air and watching the water behind you. You'll find people who have been on that class of ship for the most part really believe that they are RCI's most beautiful ship. I was kind of hoping that they'd take that class and make a bigger version when they built the Quantum.

We love the Radiance class too.

LOVE Radiance class and LOVE NE/Canada sailing. Pics were fantastic!!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to post such lovely pics...visit Maine and stop over in St Johns many times, pray for weather like in your pics!!! Never had it on a cruise on when doing land holidays. If you haven't the Machias Seal Island tours are wonderful...puffins everywhere!!!

We are on Brilliance this Sunday for this same itinerary. Do you have any tips for any of the ports or the ship? Cant wait to board!

Debbie

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

In Saint John, if the weather is nice try an excursion to St Martins. Its a nice little fishing village 40 minutes or so away. Beautiful scenery and great food if you like fish.

So I thought it would be nice to post a few pictures from yesterday in Saint John NB. It was probably THE best day anyone could ask for in port and we had 3 ships in - Carnival Glory, Caribbean Princess and the Brilliance of the Seas (my favorite class of ship). So here's a few pics of the day - There's more Brilliance photos of course, which is why I posted this in this forum. If I could cruise on only one ship, it would be a Radiance Class, hands down!

YAY!!! Thanks for posting! I'll be boarding the Brilliance next Sunday!

We will be in Saint John this weekend visiting family and looking forward to doing some cruise ship spotting. Please have this weather for us. We have sailed on the Serenade of the Seas twice and the Caribbean Princess this past Feb. Your pictures are awesome. Thanks for posting. And a big thank-you to mjldvlks for the bald eagle picture. I have lived in Saint John many years ago and now visit family regularly. It has been great to see the return of these birds.

Howdy neighbour from here in Niagara! I was born in St. Stephen N.B. The Chocolate capital of Canada. We have friends (in-law relatives) in Moncton too.

. . . .And a big thank-you to mjldvlks for the bald eagle picture. . .

Glad you liked it We saw a pair [nesting?] fly from the island in the middle at the revering falls. I like animals in general. My current "holy grail" of pictures is to get a nice crisp shot of a bald eagle perched in a tree. Got the right pose on a post-cruise train trip from Vancouver to Seattle. But it was through a rain covered train window so it was pretty fuzzy. My typical luck is that by the time I get tthe camera on, up and aimed the eagle is gone or I only get its backside.

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

And, when you get home, PLEASE post all the details! We're on the 10/13 voyage. Can't wait.

I've got my fingers crossed that you are going to report that they are offering luggage valet in Boston. I know it's not listed on RCCL's website but they did offer it last year. Would make life so much easier if they were still offering it this year.

Enjoy the rest of your trip - and tell us ALL about it!

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

And, when you get home, PLEASE post all the details! We're on the 10/13 voyage. Can't wait.

I've got my fingers crossed that you are going to report that they are offering luggage valet in Boston. I know it's not listed on RCCL's website but they did offer it last year. Would make life so much easier if they were still offering it this year.

Enjoy the rest of your trip - and tell us ALL about it!

I wish I could report back - I wasn't on the ship sadly. I live in Saint John where the Brilliance was docked for the day. You'll have a great cruise - I hope you get some decent weather.

Archived