What is the story (if any) behind your "handle"

popcan

Since BigMac was taken ( and I NEVER see this person post)

I have, BTW, never seen a post from the other Punki.

And you won't, because right now there is neither a plain BigMac or Punki. Try a Search Members ;)
Some have above 70,000 posts.

Two, to be exact, and one at 69,600. To see a list of the "big dogs" CLICK HERE

The top 10 people account for 1.4% of the 38,131,500 posts on CC.

Edited by jtl513

Well, if I were following course it would be djhveloster or the more generic djhhyundai.

Sent from my iPad

Hyundai I get, but "veloster"????:confused::confused:

Never mind, I just looked it up and now I realize Veloster is a Hyundai model name! Sorry for being uninformed....!

Edited by Irish Eyes Are Sailing

We have a big orange cat named Murray who loves to walk across the computer keyboard, whether I am on my desk top computer or my laptop.

The day I was signing on for the first time and was entering a screen name, Murray walked across the keyboard and typed "iiiieuuejjjjks" as my screen name. Didn't think that would work so changed it to Murray's Pop.

He is now 10, and he still walks across the keyboard whenever I am typing. Makes for some interesting emails, etc.

I would like to take credit for my handle but alas I have had it since Al Gore invented the internet (lol). Saw it on a license plate while driving way back when and it has stuck with me ever since.

bob

iflyrc5

I build and fly radio controlled aircraft but I have many more than 5 - the smallest is a 12 inch wing span - foam electric that weighs less than 2 ounces and the largest is a 96 inch wing span balsa plane I call BIG BIRD since it is Yellow.

The "yj" is short for "yellowjacket", the mascot of my alma mater, Georgia Tech. The underscore is because I worked most of my employed life on computers that don't really like to have spaces in the names of anything, so I've kind of gotten into the same habit. "eugene" is my almost-never-seen-otherwise middle name.

When I got my first computer umpteen years ago, I needed to pick a Username to access the internet via our dial-up provider. Dad was going to use the computer, also, so the Username we came up with was L (for Leon) C (for Connie) and AND (for the first three letters of our last name). [No imagination.] I soon discovered CruiseCritic, showed it to Dad, and he wanted to be able to post his comments. We came up with the Username LCANDTRAVEL. [Remember, I said we had no imagination.] After several years, CruiseCritic said that we were violating a rule with our Username and changed it to something which we quickly forgot. We then sent a list of 4 or 5 possible names and the one that CruiseCritic said met all of their rules was LCAND1923 (1923 was the year of Dad's birth). Dad has since passed away, but he enjoyed cruising and CruiseCritic. I think of him everytime I login.

LOVE this thread! I remember reading the old one, but had forgotten many of the stories.

Ahhh, SammyGoose.

Our Dog died of old age and we decided to get back in the game again and went to a breeder to hopefully make a connection and get a puppy. So while we were there getting vetted- this dog -a whippet- made an appearance and she's all scarred up. I say so what is her story- they say she's a hard luck story- too old to be adopted (10) but too young to be put back with the other dogs- they gang up on her and they try to kill her. 3 attempts,really bad- so they had to segregate her. What a mess. So we left and stopped for lunch and decided to foresake the puppy and take the misfit senior dog. Spicewindtimeaftertime...turned into silly goose turned into SammyGoose and what a treasure she was for the 2 years we had her.

What a dog-a card trick,a party trick,a miracle she did it all.

That's why.

Not many posts bring tears to my eyes, this one did. She was one lucky dog to have you.

I maybe a Redneck.

I thought the muster station was a condiment bar for hot dogs.

I ate & drank so much on my last cruise that I do not have a shirt that covers my belly

I took my wife on our first cruise and we circled Dairy Queen

yup, you might just be.......... :p

too funny!

Thanks Barrheadlass and Aznative for your kind words, she was a great dog. Utterly fantastic, we miss her enthusiasm to this day. Clearly she was meant for a home and it was a great fit although our time with her was not enough but we knew what we were getting into so the pleasure was all ours.

Funny how life doesn't give you what you want but sometimes it gives you what you need.

Thanks Barrheadlass and Aznative for your kind words, she was a great dog. Utterly fantastic, we miss her enthusiasm to this day. Clearly she was meant for a home and it was a great fit although our time with her was not enough but we knew what we were getting into so the pleasure was all ours.

Funny how life doesn't give you what you want but sometimes it gives you what you need.

What a beautiful story!! Nothing beats unconditional love. Our past 5 dogs have all been rescued dogs and what a feeling when they adopt you as opposed to you adopting them...

script_ohio_header.jpg

“Script Ohio” has been an Ohio State University tradition going on 77 years. Begun in 1936, “Script Ohio” includes a revolving block “O” at the beginning, the curved formation of the word “Ohio,” and the “dotting of the I” by the sousaphone player.

More history: http://library.osu.edu/projects/OSUvsMichigan/scriptohio.htm

A shame they don't show this on TV anymore as they used to for every OSU football game. It is a very definite part of the pageantry ... and this from a PAC-12 fan.:):)

My CC name is pretty simple. It first became my yahoo email when AZNative was already taken and their first "suggestion" was AZNative2000.

It is a shame that halftime shows are no longer shown on TV, there was something kind of special during the halftime show at the Florida A&M game. The Ohio Blind School Marching Band did a braille Scriptohio with the Ohio State band. They had two sousaphone "i" dotters (i.e a braille "i" is 2 dots). See the video:

Rehearsal video

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/life_and_entertainment/2013/09/21/heartfelt-script.html

Edited by ScriptOhio

That's a creative thread to start! I'm enjoying the posts. I chose my handle as cruiser-007 because I am a huge James Bond (007) fan and since posting on the boards is almost kind-of spy-like and most people here don't really know you in person I thought it would be fun.:)

We have a big orange cat named Murray who loves to walk across the computer keyboard' date=' whether I am on my desk top computer or my laptop.

The day I was signing on for the first time and was entering a screen name, Murray walked across the keyboard and typed [b']"iiiieuuejjjjks"[/b] as my screen name. Didn't think that would work so changed it to Murray's Pop.

He is now 10, and he still walks across the keyboard whenever I am typing. Makes for some interesting emails, etc.

"iiiieuuejjjjks" is Yiddish for "meow," I believe...:)

It is a shame that halftime shows are no longer shown on TV, there was something kind of special during the halftime show at the Florida A&M game. The Ohio Blind School Marching Band did a braille Scriptohio with the Ohio State band. They had two sousaphone "i" dotters (i.e a braille "i" is 2 dots). See the video:

Thanks for sharing!! It was way better than whatever the talking heads were saying at halftime!

Great weather too.

Cheers!