Embassy Suites Ft. Lauderdale "Premium rooms" question

CruiserfromCanada

Hi everyone,

Later this month my husband and I are staying a few nights before our RCI cruise at the Embassy Suites. This is our first time at this hotel but not our first time staying in this area.

We have been offered a premium room for an additional $15 dollars a night. This includes internet which is a $10 a day charge regardless. So what else are we getting for this $5.00 a night? It isn't clear.... Are we likely to get a higher floor room regardless at check in?

Anyone else taken this offer???

Thanks....

When we stayed here last July we booked a "regular" room, and yes it is a suite (embassy suites dah:eek:).

We arrived at the hotel around noon. We were given a suite on the 10th floor facing the Oasis. It was a nice room, and would love to have that area again.

We were by the elevator but thankfully did not here the "ding" and the kids playing all night.

Sea Ya

• 10 months later...

Hi- I know this is last year's thread but considering a "premium room" at Embassy Suites. What kind of free sancks and drinks are included on the floor where your room is? I know the kids spend $10 in vending machines so it may be worth it just for that :)

Hi- I know this is last year's thread but considering a "premium room" at Embassy Suites. What kind of free sancks and drinks are included on the floor where your room is? I know the kids spend $10 in vending machines so it may be worth it just for that :)

This is not necessary to pay for an upgrade at ES...we haven't had any problem booking a reg room even though it was through LMTC and got an upper floor facing the port (we could see our ship Oasis too). There is no "hospitality room" everyone staying there gets the same buffet breakfast and snacks during the managers cocktail hours. If your kids want additional snacks the Publix market is just behind the hotel in a large shopping center. Enjoy ES I'll be there again in 3 weeks.

This is not necessary to pay for an upgrade at ES...we haven't had any problem booking a reg room even though it was through LMTC and got an upper floor facing the port (we could see our ship Oasis too). There is no "hospitality room" everyone staying there gets the same buffet breakfast and snacks during the managers cocktail hours. If your kids want additional snacks the Publix market is just behind the hotel in a large shopping center. Enjoy ES I'll be there again in 3 weeks.

Thanks- but for$20 more the premium room is unlimited drinks/sodas/waters on your floor (not just during reception) , keurig coffee maker, Wi-Fi included, and snacks included on your floor. sounded ok to me for 20 bucks but would like to hear from someone who stayed on this floor.

Edited by 2boyzmom

Thanks- but for$20 more the premium room is unlimited drinks/sodas/waters on your floor (not just during reception) , keurig coffee maker, Wi-Fi included, and snacks included on your floor. sounded ok to me for 20 bucks but would like to hear from someone who stayed on this floor.

Dont all rooms have a coffee maker? I thought they did.

soda, water, snacks on your floor. Has anyone stayed in a premum room????

I would call the hotel directly and inquire. I know it states access to refreshment center but find it hard to believe that for an additional $20, they allow unlimited snacks and non alcoholic beverages all day and night.

I would call the hotel directly and inquire. I know it states access to refreshment center but find it hard to believe that for an additional $20, they allow unlimited snacks and non alcoholic beverages all day and night.

Yes- I called - you get a PIN number and have access 24/7. I just found a thread on another travel board about it with a picture of fridges full of goodies. Money well spent for my crew :)

Yes- I called - you get a PIN number and have access 24/7. I just found a thread on another travel board about it with a picture of fridges full of goodies. Money well spent for my crew :)

wow, that's a great deal. Enjoy!!

• 7 months later...

Yes, we have stayed in one of these rooms. The rooms are on the upper floors. Not all rooms have port view,as ours faced the opposite side. You do get a Keurig in the room and also a code to use at a vending machine. For my situation it was not worth the extra money as we only got a couple bottles of water.

Still no one out there who have stayed in these "premium suites'?

Yes, we stayed in a Premium Suite on the 11th floor a couple of weeks ago.

The suite was nice and the perks were nicer -- free wifi, free drinks and snacks out of the vending machine, nice coffee maker. I loved it.

Next time I will book a premium suite again. This time we lucked out - I had a regular room and 4 days before check in, the premium suites dropped in price, so I upgraded for free.