NCL Escape

RMS Olympic

Quick cerveza stop in Ensenada will cover that legality :D

Nope. Since Ensenada is in North America, it not considered to be a distant foreign port under the PVSA. While stopping in Ensenada may satisfy the requirements for roundtrip Hawaii cruises that arrive and depart from the same US port (in which case a visit to a nearby foreign port satisfies the conditions), any carriage of passengers between two separate US ports constitutes a moving violation.

I doubt you'll see the Breakaway or Breakaway Plus ships on the west coast in the near future. Even with the new Panama Canal locks, it would be a tedious process to get the BA/GA through, and Escape won't make it under the Bridge of the Americas. It's certainly possible that Escape could sail 'round the Horn, but highly unlikely.

Has anyone heard about the home port for the Escape yet? I believe I read it was possibly going to be announced this week.

I know some people on here seem to have really good inside access to NCL. :D

Just checking and hoping..........:)

Happy and safe cruising all!!

Thanks!! I JUST now saw the article in the Orlando newspaper.

Does anyone know anything about the hull artist Guy Harvey? I am not familiar with the art community so please excused my lack of knowledge.

Happy and safe cruising all!!:D

He is known for his art of fish and sea life. I lived in Charleston, SC for a year and he did a signing at the mall there. People were waiting hours to meet him. So i know he is huge in that area. I like the artwork a lot my favorite so far.

And Tortola.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Even though the new ships sails eastern Caribbean again, I see some good points.

The ship first goes to St Thomas which means a longer day compared to Epic and Getaway which sail at 5pm. This means a longer day in St John. I love St John but the excursions are so rushed because of the trip to get there and back. You only have just over 2 hours to get back on the ship. So I see spending another hour in St John a huge plus. I have never been to Tortola so not sure about this one. Do you have to tender? If not, at least you don't have to take another 45 min boat ride to St John or something so I could deal with a shorter day in Tortola.

Even though the new ships sails eastern Caribbean again, I see some good points.

The ship first goes to St Thomas which means a longer day compared to Epic and Getaway which sail at 5pm. This means a longer day in St John. I love St John but the excursions are so rushed because of the trip to get there and back. You only have just over 2 hours to get back on the ship. So I see spending another hour in St John a huge plus. I have never been to Tortola so not sure about this one. Do you have to tender? If not, at least you don't have to take another 45 min boat ride to St John or something so I could deal with a shorter day in Tortola.

Tortola the best excursion also includes a 45 minute boat ride to Virgin Gorda and the Baths.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Mixed emotions with the itinerary...sure Tortola is new but I'd like to see them take a new ship to different places other than St. Thomas, Nassau and St. Maarten. We haven't been cruising that long (started on the Epic when it was new) and I can't see taking a lesser ship. I know some of NCLs small ships do go to different places, but we like the large ships. We can't imagine going on a smaller older ship.

Is it because of the size of the new ships that contribute to he limited itinerary or is just because of the popularity of the specified islands?

Royal Caribbean's big ships go to Puerto Rico and Haiti.

I know the Epic is soon the be placed in Europe for good. Any talk of the Getaway or Escape picking up the western Caribbean?

We'll miss the Epic. Nice ship and great entertainment. I know some people hate the washrooms but we had no issue with it.

This is good, because every trip from Boston is full. Many cruisers keep rebooking Boston to Bermuda often.

I wish that Boston could open up to more homeport oportunities.

I would love to see this too. They say they want to expand Black Falcon Terminal,but nothing so far. It would be AMAZING to have a ship in Breakaway class come to home port there. If they can go year round from NYC why not Boston? Would be great.

Norwegian Escape to Homeport in Miami Year-Round; Norwegian's Winter 2015/16 Itineraries Announced

Winter Deployment includes Norwegian Epic sailing from Barcelona, a return to South America and the addition of Port Canaveral as a seasonal home port

Miami - Mar 12, 2014 ---

Norwegian Cruise Line today announced that its newest and largest ship to date, Norwegian Escape, will homeport year-round at PortMiami, the cruise capital of the world, sailing an Eastern Caribbean itinerary. Along with the previously announced move of Norwegian Epic sailing year-round from Barcelona, the line's 2015/16 winter deployment includes its return to South America cruises, a larger Jewel-class ship sailing to the Mexican Riviera, as well as the addition of Port Canaveral, Florida as a seasonal homeport.

"Norwegian Escape's arrival to Miami coincides with Norwegian Epic's year-round Europe deployment, demonstrating the balanced approach we used to develop our winter 2015/16 deployment and ensuring that we had a varied offering of premium destinations that would be exciting to our guests," said Kevin Sheehan, Norwegian's chief executive officer. "Much of this deployment was designed based on feedback from our guests and travel partners, and we know they will be happy with the changes and enhancements we have made."

Norwegian Escape

Norwegian's newest and largest ship to date, at approximately 163,000 gross tons and 4,200 passenger berths, Norwegian Escape will join the fleet in October 2015. Beginning November 14, 2015, Norwegian Escape will offer seven-day Eastern Caribbean sailings from her year-round home port of Miami cruising to Tortola, British Virgin Islands; St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands; and Nassau, Bahamas. The ship will boast all of exciting and innovative features found on Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Getaway, plus a number of new spaces and interactive experiences that are yet to be announced.

"PortMiami looks forward to welcoming Norwegian Escape in 2015?the ship will be a fabulous addition to our fleet," said PortMiami Director Bill Johnson. "We are thrilled that this impressive vessel will make her debut at PortMiami-- the Cruise Capital of the World?and will be the third Norwegian Cruise Line ship to homeport here year round."

Europe

As previously announced, the 4,000 passenger Norwegian Epic will offer Europe itineraries from her new year-round homeport of Barcelona, Spain. From November 29, 2015 through April 7, 2016, Norwegian Epic will set sail from Barcelona on 10-day Canary Islands & Morocco itineraries, and 10, 11- or 12-day Western Mediterranean itineraries.

Caribbean

Miami's Ultimate Ship, Norwegian Getaway, will continue to sail year round from Miami on a new seven-day Western Caribbean itinerary departing every Sunday starting November 15, 2015. Ports of call include Norwegian's private island Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas; Ocho Rios, Jamaica; George Town, Grand Cayman; and Cozumel, Mexico.

• 3 weeks later...
The Escape can be booked for November 2015 and beyond. It is sailing out of Miami.

Actually, while it says you can book, the site is stating "No Results -

No results found" when you attempt to book and has been like this since yesterday..

Hopefully it will be back up soon.

Previous thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2023154

Edited by B6ConMe

I've never booked a cruise this far out!!! But I sailed the Breakaway in May 2013 and the Getaway in February 2014 and can't wait to try the Escape! Anxious to see the changes they made. Sailed both times with my sister and will do this one together too.

I wrote a review of both sailings but can't post them here. If anyone wants to see email me at kates@me.com.

Hopefully we will get a Meet and Mingle going!