Celebrity Cruises Bride in severe need! Any information appreciated

Lelelove02

I booked a Celebrity Group destination for October 26 2031 from Puerto Rico. My husband and I are having a vow renewal with 80 guests and we reserved spaces on the ship since last year 8/12! In May of this year, Celebrity canceled my booking for the only day at sea on 10/31/13 and left me to try to figure something out. I have been getting much help from a rep in Groups but it has not been beneficial. This vow renewal has been getting planned for over a year- I have guests coming from Cananda, Philadelphia, NY, Florida....I am overwhelmed and I do not know what to do. I feel helpless. I have been emailing the wedding experience and it has been touch and go. Right now, it appears that because I am just a vow renewal that the ship does not care enough to work with me to assist me in having a vow renewal to accommodate a large group. I did find out that there is one group that has booked events in the only room that can accomodate our large group and they are only having a gathering in the space. I feel upset and disposable, being that all other events that were booked on this sailing have not been canceled and yet my group reservation for space was easily dismissed.

I don't know what to do. Any advise or assistance from anyone is appreciated.:(

I emailed a friend on the ship to see if they could help. Let me have your email address and I'll let you know what I find out.

bobrisher[at]suddenlink[dot]net

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

I booked a Celebrity Group destination for October 26 2031 from Puerto Rico. My husband and I are having a vow renewal with 80 guests and we reserved spaces on the ship since last year 8/12! In May of this year, Celebrity canceled my booking for the only day at sea on 10/31/13 and left me to try to figure something out. I have been getting much help from a rep in Groups but it has not been beneficial. This vow renewal has been getting planned for over a year- I have guests coming from Cananda, Philadelphia, NY, Florida....I am overwhelmed and I do not know what to do. I feel helpless. I have been emailing the wedding experience and it has been touch and go. Right now, it appears that because I am just a vow renewal that the ship does not care enough to work with me to assist me in having a vow renewal to accommodate a large group. I did find out that there is one group that has booked events in the only room that can accomodate our large group and they are only having a gathering in the space. I feel upset and disposable, being that all other events that were booked on this sailing have not been canceled and yet my group reservation for space was easily dismissed.

I don't know what to do. Any advise or assistance from anyone is appreciated.:(

Hi Lelelove,

I'd suggest emailing the Michael Bayley's office. He is the President of Celebrity. The email address is contactmichael@celebrity.com . Include all the details, as well as your email address and phone number. There are some excellent customer service folks responding to Guest emails, and I hope they can resolve your issue. Good Luck !

Would it be possible to change the time of your celebration? Does it have to be on that sea day? Maybe worth considering.

Long considered and failed miserably. Most space has been booked by ither groups- so I am told. I have tried to be flexible and I have just been shut down. With a large group like mine, they don't even want to let me have my ceremony in Revelations on 10/30 at 4pm! They want to throw us in Micheals lounge- not recommended for a group larger than 50!

Long considered and failed miserably. Most space has been booked by ither groups- so I am told. I have tried to be flexible and I have just been shut down. With a large group like mine, they don't even want to let me have my ceremony in Revelations on 10/30 at 4pm! They want to throw us in Micheals lounge- not recommended for a group larger than 50!

Just a thought: Have you consider holding the ceremony off the ship? My youngest son had his wedding on the beach in Grand Cayman and it was wonderful. The men wore formal wear with flip flops. They used a wedding coordinator on the Island to make all arrangements. As I said, just an idea.

Sorry to hear. Don't have any thing to say to help but we have a great thread for those of us on this cruise. I know there is a group of Parrotheads so many its them. Boo to Celebrity!

Yes, there's a parrot lovers group (not Parrotheads, haha, those are Jimmy Buffet fans) and a large group of ballroom dancers.

Just a thought: Have you consider holding the ceremony off the ship? My youngest son had his wedding on the beach in Grand Cayman and it was wonderful. The men wore formal wear with flip flops. They used a wedding coordinator on the Island to make all arrangements. As I said, just an idea.

It's pretty awful that after a year of planning it might come to this. Obviously the OP picked a Celebrity cruise over a beach or any other venue.

Good luck Lelelove02 :(

I have great news! Yesterday evening, we were able to come up with an agreeable middle ground! My group and I will be able to have our ceremony on 10/30 rather than 10/31- which is fine for me. We will not be able to use the Revelations Lounge like I originally wanted, but I do believe that it will still come out to be great. I am havinga lot f faith that this will work out. Thank you allfor your advice and words of sincerity! For those who will be on this cruise- We can't wait to meet you all.

Happy it is somewhat resolved but they really ought to be ashamed! Kind of last minute on their part!! You seem very understanding...

Whoever was handling your special event should get a failing grade on any reviews! and NO gratuity whatsoever!

Happy it is somewhat resolved but they really ought to be ashamed! Kind of last minute on their part!! You seem very understanding...

Whoever was handling your special event should get a failing grade on any reviews! and NO gratuity whatsoever!

It was totally mishandled, but we don't have enough facts to know by whom. Certainly not the OP, but perhaps not the Events Coordinator as well. Could have come from the HD ,or Guest Relations Manager, or someone else. Don't deny a gratuity until you know whose responsible and why they did what they did.

Archived