Quisine Restaurant

GailnBrad

I love the fun and experience of going to Qsine with a group of friends.

The style of food overall though doesnt really suit me - I guess too many small portions of completely different flavours. All really delicious but too rich for me personally.

Be warned - the lava crab is delicious however the chef told us it come in at 1000 calories a portion!!!:eek:

I realize the answer may vary widely, but are there any items at Qsine that disappoint and better not to order?

There are all kinds of "fried" foods that we found to be really poor....on the other hand the "Lobster Escargot" was great and so were the "kobe beef sliders" other than those two items all the food was pretty average, but we in no way tried everything so imagine there are a lot of different answers to that question.

Just got off Summit and went to Q-Sine twice. Terrific experience, and in our view the food ranged from good to outrageously good. Some things were more to our taste than others, but everything was prepared and presented impeccably. Yes, it's rich, but the ability to control how much you have of each offsets that a bit. This should be viewed as an experience, not every day dining. Lava crab, spring rolls an.d Taj Majal were the favorites of the things we tried, and the desserts were unreal, particularly the beignets, the Silver. Bullet and the Chocolate Tombstone.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just got off Summit and went to Q-Sine twice. Terrific experience, and in our view the food ranged from good to outrageously good. Some things were more to our taste than others, but everything was prepared and presented impeccably. Yes, it's rich, but the ability to control how much you have of each offsets that a bit. This should be viewed as an experience, not every day dining. Lava crab, spring rolls an.d Taj Majal were the favorites of the things we tried, and the desserts were unreal, particularly the beignets, the Silver. Bullet and the Chocolate Tombstone.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Can someone please describe the lava crab and lobster esgargot? We love seafood so would probably order all the seafood items for sure.

Thanks

Can someone please describe the lava crab and lobster esgargot? We love seafood so would probably order all the seafood items for sure.

Thanks

The lava crap comes in a martini glass shaped bowl (minus the stem) resting in a larger bowl with glow rocks in it. It is Alaskan King Crab, Sweet Yellow Corn & Scallions, Kataifi with Old-Bay Lobster Sauce

Lobster & Escargot Fritters with Parsley-Garlic Butter Sauce

ubc4.jpg

x4dw.jpg

The lava crap comes in a martini glass shaped bowl (minus the stem) resting in a larger bowl with glow rocks in it. It is Alaskan King Crab, Sweet Yellow Corn & Scallions, Kataifi with Old-Bay Lobster Sauce

ubc4.jpg

x4dw.jpg

I would prefer crab over crap. :)

We made reservations here in lieu of one of the formal nights. I did plan on wearing one of my nicest dresses but didn't want to pack hubby's suit coat.

After reading this thread, is it more on the casual side? Maybe I should wear a more caudal dress that night.

We made reservations here in lieu of one of the formal nights. I did plan on wearing one of my nicest dresses but didn't want to pack hubby's suit coat.

After reading this thread, is it more on the casual side? Maybe I should wear a more caudal dress that night.

A nice casual dress would be fine. It is lots of fun but not 'fine dining'.

Certainly was NOT true when we went. We asked the server several times to reduce the portion and she just laughed and kept bringing far more than any two people could ever eat...consequently more than half of all the food wound up in the garbage which I don't like. It was not fun for the two of us, but as I have said before in a group I think it would be a fun evening. I'm sure different servers react differently but ours was NOT accommodating at all and that soured the experience for us.

That is a case of a poor server; it does not mean that in general there is "too much food." Assuming one does not receive an inept server (can happen anywhere) there is as little or as much food as one desires. Been four times to Qsine and never had too much food. Went three times as a couple once as a party of four; the time with a party of four was fun, but a bit awkward trying to share some of the courses that were far more appropriate portion wise for a party of two.

That is a case of a poor server; it does not mean that in general there is "too much food." Assuming one does not receive an inept server (can happen anywhere) there is as little or as much food as one desires. Been four times to Qsine and never had too much food. Went three times as a couple once as a party of four; the time with a party of four was fun, but a bit awkward trying to share some of the courses that were far more appropriate portion wise for a party of two.

When we are with a group, we simply order more than one portion if everyone wants to try it. Much better than trying to split items, or force someone to go without. Problem easily solved. :)

To each his own.......our experience was NOT fun....we had both been looking forward to that evening...it wound up as the least fun night of that 12 night cruise....glad you like it.....many do AND many don't...turned out that combined with a server who was unwilling to adjust her thinking and what was mostly mediocre food we just left totally unimpressed and feeling like we were going to explode from all the food shoved at us and a wait staff that seemed insistent that we "TRY" everything thrown in front of us.......I still think it might be fun with a group but would never consider for just the two of us again.... glad you like it....we'll stick with Blu and occasional visit to Tuscan Grill....those, especially Blu, are MUCH more to our liking....

To each his own.......our experience was NOT fun....we had both been looking forward to that evening...it wound up as the least fun night of that 12 night cruise....glad you like it.....many do AND many don't...turned out that combined with a server who was unwilling to adjust her thinking and what was mostly mediocre food we just left totally unimpressed and feeling like we were going to explode from all the food shoved at us and a wait staff that seemed insistent that we "TRY" everything thrown in front of us.......I still think it might be fun with a group but would never consider for just the two of us again.... glad you like it....we'll stick with Blu and occasional visit to Tuscan Grill....those, especially Blu, are MUCH more to our liking....

Gracie, you certainly are entitled to your opinion as to whether or not you liked the food at Qsine. The point I am addressing is regarding your comment that Qsine is "too much food." Some on this board have a misconception that Qsine is only enjoyable as a group and that is simply not true; I would hate for some cruisers to miss out on Qsine because they do not have a group to dine with and think it would not be fun to go as a couple. The only way Qsine is "too much food" is if you order too much food (or the rare case where you have a bad server who brings out far more food than you request when you obviously do not want extra food). Both of these scenarios are as likely to occur at Qsine, Blu, Tuscan Grille or any land based venue. Nobody should be afraid to dine at Qsine as a couple out of fear they will be overwhelmed by the amount of food. One can have a tiny meal there if they so desire.

Gracie, you certainly are entitled to your opinion as to whether or not you liked the food at Qsine. The point I am addressing is regarding your comment that Qsine is "too much food." Some on this board have a misconception that Qsine is only enjoyable as a group and that is simply not true; I would hate for some cruisers to miss out on Qsine because they do not have a group to dine with and think it would not be fun to go as a couple. The only way Qsine is "too much food" is if you order too much food (or the rare case where you have a bad server who brings out far more food than you request when you obviously do not want extra food). Both of these scenarios are as likely to occur at Qsine, Blu, Tuscan Grille or any land based venue. Nobody should be afraid to dine at Qsine as a couple out of fear they will be overwhelmed by the amount of food. One can have a tiny meal there if they so desire.

I agree. There were only two of us and we dined in Qsine twice and really enjoyed ourselves. There was not too much food and even if there was then so what? We will be back to Qsine twice on the Reflection. We had great servers on both of our trips. So if it's just two please do not be afraid to try Qsine.

As I said, to each his own. We did not enjoy it. We ordered according to how the waitress advised. It was FAR too much food, and despite what others said I really don't like seeing food wasted and thrown away like that. I never said no one should go as a couple....I said WE did not enjoy it..I'm glad you did and perhaps their servers are better now and actually listen to their guests. I do think comparing Blu or TG to Qsine is not appropriate and having been in Blu on 6-7 different cruises could not imagine ever having that kind of issue.

Look, I don't care, obviously you like it and so do others. BUT when I did a survey here about a year ago on whether people like Qsine or not it came in pretty even with those that did and those that didn't. It's not for everyone and NOT everyone wants to toss out $90.00 for an experience that may not be to their liking...so there's no reason not to hear my opinion too. You liked it, we didn't. Let the buyer beware and hopefully they will find it as good as you did.

ubc4.jpg

x4dw.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. Those look pretty unique an interesting. I will have to give it a try.

I have to say that I am glad this post was started as I was afraid to go quisine as just a couple based on old threads I had read. It does look to be a neat dining experience worth trying.

Hi Everyone,

We dined at Qsine about 18 months ago and enjoyed the experience very much. We liked most of the items we ordered, the service was excellent, and felt it was a fun evening. At the time, we all agreed it was a one and done experience... though in all honesty, we are considering trying Qsine again, when we sail on Eclipse in a few weeks.

I agree the amount of food served is huge, so if you book it, make sure to be hungry :)

If you would like the recipe for the Lava Crab, here's a link to the information : http://www.pinterest.com/pin/329607266449238893/

I had my first experience with Qsine 2 weeks ago when we sailed on the Reflection. We liked it very much because it was different and I think it had a lot to do with our servers who took the time to explain things in a very humorous manner. One thing I would recommend, go in a group. This will allow you to taste everything :D

My wife and I loved Qsine and are going again in January (maybe twice with the B2B!). It is a fun experience and the food is good to very good. Lava crab! YUM! Disco shrimp! YUM! We didn't like the lobster escargot as it was too salty for our taste. The persian kebob was good but way too large for the two of us so we only sampled it. All other items tried were appropriately portioned for the two of us and we truly enjoyed sampling different items.

• 2 weeks later...

And there you have it. One of the worst meals I have ever had was the lobster prepared tableside in Murano. No taste whatsoever, just tough chewy lobster. But I hear many people rave about it. And the OTT 'butterfly' service just makes me laugh--how many ways can you spell p-r-e-t-e-n-t-I-o-u-s??? :eek: I won't be back.

However I love the fun experience of Qsine--so glad there are lots of choices for every palate.

We ate in QSine twice. Early in the year we were on the Eclipse. The music was so loud that we literally could not communicate with each other or the waiter. We told him that we were leaving if they didn't turn it down somewhat. He seemed glad to do so. Last month we at on the Summit. For the first part of the meal, the music was horrendous, but then they turned it down on their own and played more pleasant songs, so it was fine then.

Both times we were in a group. We loved the schtick, food, presentation, etc... everything but the volume of the music. We are unlikely to return.

By the way, they will have reps in several locations and you can get discounts.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Archived