My wild HAL dream.

PunkiC

Last night I dreamed that we were boarding a HAL ship in Southampton, sailing to Fort Lauderdale. They had tables in the boarding area filled with the most amazing hors d'oeuvres (think black caviar) and free flowing complimentary wine.

Everyone was having so much fun that they were not rushing to board, as is usually the case.

When we finally got to our cabin, we found that it was a sea-level, bow cabin, with a big wrap around window in the front. Our bed faced the bow window and we screamed and laughed every time the we hit a wave that flooded the window with water.

We eventually left our lovely cabin and went up on deck where they had another amazing hors d'oeuvres sail-away buffet with more free wine, and we ran into Stein Kruse whom we really have met several times at Catholic Seamen's activities on HAL ships here in Seattle.

He was really stressed out because Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger and Prince Harry were all on board and the two super star musicians were really upset that they didn't get the Royal Suite. Is there such a thing as the Royal Suite? :p

Anyway, Prince Harry, didn't care in the least about a Royal Suite and was happy to give either one of them the suite as long as they provided adequate accommodations for him and his staff.

Where do these dreams originate? Crazy, but fun. :)

Oh the celebs weren't talent--they were just passenger guests, and they were all very surprised (and with the exception of the prince, very disappointed) to learn that they weren't the most famous or important person on the ship.

For the record, I had my cauliflower, onion and red potato roast with curry and parmesan cheese for dinner, along with a couple of glasses of merlot. I am not a strict vegetarian, but I don't eat much meat and have never had prime rib, steak, pork chops or ham in my entire life. I do, however, love the black caviar. :p

My dreams are always grand fun and exciting. I just wish I could remember more of them as completely as I remembered this one.

Oh the celebs weren't talent--they were just passenger guests, and they were all very surprised (and with the exception of the prince, very disappointed) to learn that they weren't the most famous or important person on the ship.

For the record, I had my cauliflower, onion and red potato roast with curry and parmesan cheese for dinner, along with a couple of glasses of merlot. I am not a strict vegetarian, but I don't eat much meat and have never had prime rib, steak, pork chops or ham in my entire life. I do, however, love the black caviar. :p

My dreams are always grand fun and exciting. I just wish I could remember more of them as completely as I remembered this one.

Some dreams are so interesting/fun I just want to go back to sleep.

Your meal sounds wonderful, care to share the recipe?

Well the trips I take in my dreams are certainly a lot less expensive than the ones I take in real life, and often very exciting. The best part is that am always very slim in my dreams. :)

How I make the cauliflower:

First I spay my casserole with olive oil. Then I cut a sweet onion into 6ths and separate the layers and toss them into a bowl, along with caulifower florets and small chunks of red potato (I leave the peelings on). I toss that mixture with olive oil, paprika, a little curry, and Trader Joe's Everyday Seasoning or Johnny's Dock Seasoning. You could also just use salt and pepper. I then shake parmesan cheese on the mixture and mix it again before I put it in the casserole. I then shake on some additional parmesan for good measure. ;) I bake it at 450 for 35 minutes, then check, stir, and put it back in for 10 minutes at a time until it is done. The longer you cook the cauliflower, the sweeter it becomes. I don't typically like sweets, but I do like this.

I ate something very similar several years ago in Kuala Lampur and it took me a long time to figure out how to make it, but I really do like it.

Archived