MS Zaandam (Zuiderdam) Aruba sailaway 10/21/13

rafinmd

Why do you say "MAY"?

There are 3 ships in port, Zaandam, Zuiderdam, and Pullmantur Monarch. It's a turnaround day for the Monarch so they will get the prime spot. I'm not sure where the blue hulls will be and if they will have camera coverage. I'll assess the situation once they dock (anchor maybe) and report back.

Roy

Well, the Zaandam has docked and the camera has excellent views. Join us for the sailaway today around 5PM Eastern (6 Atlantic, 2 Pacific). The Zuiderdam will also arrive 1PM and leave at 11. I'll probably be asleep then but others may still be up.

I was concerned about camera views with 3 ships in port but the Zaandam is perfectly placed.

In the attached view the Zaandam is at the end of the blue line. The camera is at "Aruba Ports Authority" above the Zaandam's arrival path. Not sure but I expect the Zuderdam will dock on the other side of the same pier. It will be obstructed somewhat by the Zaandam but the top should be visible.

Come join the party, perhaps at 1PM for Zuiderdam's arrival, at 5 for Zaandam's departure and perhaps at 11 for the Zuiderdam leaving.

Roy

All I get on that webcam is a video from August, of the Monarch docking. What am I doing wrong?:confused:

It sounds like you may have an ad blocker interfering with the site. Lou and Dave depend on advertising income to keep their site running. I believe there's a "contact" button somewhere on the site where you can email them and get help with the necessary adjustments.

Zuiderdam is now on camera approaching.

http://portarubawebcam.com/

Roy

It sounds like you may have an ad blocker interfering with the site. Lou and Dave depend on advertising income to keep their site running. I believe there's a "contact" button somewhere on the site where you can email them and get help with the necessary adjustments.

Zuiderdam is now on camera approaching.

http://portarubawebcam.com/

Roy

Bingo! You were right and I was able to remove it. Watching the Z coming in now:D

This is getting me excited. I have 2 upcoming calls to Aruba, November 13 on the Crystal Symphony, and December 19 on the Prinsendam. The Symphony will be joined in port by the Crown Princess, but the Prinsendam will be the only ship in port.

Before today I didn't know a lot about how the port was set up so it's been interesting. It looks like the Zaandam's dock is only used when there are 3 ships in town, so I should be in Terminal B or C both times.

I have shore excursions from both ships but will have about 3 hours free time each day after the tours.

Roy

We should have a fabulous view of Zaandam's departure. Hopefully, I will have internet at that point. I have been losing TV channels (today I can only get about 10) and the Comcast repairman today said it is a problem up in the wires on the telephone pole behind my house and a lineman has to come this afternoon to try and fix it. He had better have it fixed before sail time!

We should have a fabulous view of Zaandam's departure. Hopefully, I will have internet at that point. I have been losing TV channels (today I can only get about 10) and the Comcast repairman today said it is a problem up in the wires on the telephone pole behind my house and a lineman has to come this afternoon to try and fix it. He had better have it fixed before sail time!

They're not perfect, but underground utilities sure a blessing. Hope your repair comes in time.

Roy

I missed the early stuff. I'm here now. Is that Zuiderdam behind Zaandam?

That's correct. From near to far Zaandam, Zuiderdam, and Monarch (former Monarch OTS). Sailaway should be great, we have a great view. When the Zaandam arrived, we got a shot of one of the stewards wiping off the edge of the ship's door after it was opened.

Roy

Some great views here. Roy - Curacao and Aruba are nice islands for us. You can do a lot of stuff on your own and you can also explore on tour. You'll have fun I am sure.

I guess both times I'll be docked where the Monarch and Zuiderdam are. That's a bit of a shame from a webcam point of view. On the way in the camera got a great closeup of the bridge. Since both Symphony and Prinsendam have open bridge wings that would have been a really awesome closeup.

Roy

I guess both times I'll be docked where the Monarch and Zuiderdam are. That's a bit of a shame from a webcam point of view. On the way in the camera got a great closeup of the bridge. Since both Symphony and Prinsendam have open bridge wings that would have been a really awesome closeup.

Roy

Why do you think you will be docked where the Monarch and Zuiderdam are?

Why do you think you will be docked where the Monarch and Zuiderdam are?

Because there are cruise terminals there while the Zaandam's location is just a dock. I personally hope I'm wrong but that's my best guest.

It looks like they are starting to secure the gangway.

Roy

Because there are cruise terminals there while the Zaandam's location is just a dock. I personally hope I'm wrong but that's my best guest.

It looks like they are starting to secure the gangway.

Roy

I have a small suspicion that the smaller ships will be closer;) unless of course they are the last ones to come in that day. I'll wish you luck on this one. It's still a nice port and you are a great walker;)

Archived