gaechann

At last! It's RADIANCE cruise day!

The porters were very busy at Fremantle getting all our luggage off. We had a late disembarkment so it was interesting watching all the activity.

I had earlier shots as we entered the Fremantle Harbour but the glare from the water didn't make for good photos so I've deleted them.

DSCF0390_zps93b091cc.jpg

This photo shows that disembarkment was via Deck 5. Volunteers were there in the Terminal to assist us and remind us that there was no foodstuffs allowed. We had a Customs Form in our hand as we made our way downstairs to collect our luggage where there were more volunteers to assist us before we passed through the Customs area.

There was bedlam outside with buses, tour coaches, taxis and private cars to pick up the passengers but eventually everyone sorted themselves out.

DSCF0391_zpsd40c930e.jpg

Great photo review Gae. We are on her in 39 days and can't wait! I read half your thread on the weekend and the other half tonight. Can't remember if you said you tried any of the speciality restaurants or not.

Great photo review Gae. We are on her in 39 days and can't wait! I read half your thread on the weekend and the other half tonight. Can't remember if you said you tried any of the speciality restaurants or not.

Thank you!

No, this time we didn't try any specialty restaurants as we found the selections in both the Main Dining Room and in the Windjammers Buffet more than adequently met our expectations.

We have tried them on previous cruises and would certainly recommend you celebrate a special occasion at one of them. We didn't see too many at eithre Rita's or Samba Grill but then, there may have been more there later in the evenings.

There is the option to purchase a Dining Package either online prior to your cruise for which you must pay prior or you can purchase this on your first day in which case the cost is added to your onboard account.

I'm sure you'll have a great cruise!

Thank you!

No, this time we didn't try any specialty restaurants as we found the selections in both the Main Dining Room and in the Windjammers Buffet more than adequently met our expectations.

We have tried them on previous cruises and would certainly recommend you celebrate a special occasion at one of them. We didn't see too many at eithre Rita's or Samba Grill but then, there may have been more there later in the evenings.

There is the option to purchase a Dining Package either online prior to your cruise for which you must pay prior or you can purchase this on your first day in which case the cost is added to your onboard account.

I'm sure you'll have a great cruise!

Thanks Gae for this info. Once again loved your photo review!

Hi again Gae, just thought of another question - Are the C&A loyality booklets still paper on Radiance or are the vouchers loaded onto your sea pass?

Hi again Gae, just thought of another question - Are the C&A loyality booklets still paper on Radiance or are the vouchers loaded onto your sea pass?

Still in the booklet form. I think they're being fazed in ship by ship. Hopefully it will be some time before we have to cope with the ones loaded on our sea passes.

Still in the booklet form. I think they're being fazed in ship by ship. Hopefully it will be some time before we have to cope with the ones loaded on our sea passes.

Cool thanks for that!

Hi there! Just bringing you all up to date!

My group of 6 cruise buddies have booked this same cruise in October 2014. Let's hope the weather is as kind next time as we experienced this year!

REMEMBER: Any questions either about the ship and/or the ports visited please don't hesitate to ask.

Gae

What kind of a crusie is the above - what ports?

We sailed up the east coast of Australia from Sydney via Brisbane & Airlie Beach near the Great Barrier Reef then headed west via Darwin then Bali before heading back down the west coast of Australia via Port Hedland (mining port), Geraldton then Fremantle, the port for Perth.

Amazing voyage which is why I'm going again this year.

I still want to take a cruise from Fremantle via the southern ports to Sydney via New Zealand.

Many overseas passengers do both cruises as B2B. About 32 nights in all.

Gae

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by gaechann

Hi i enjoy reading your adventures on this trip

Just have a question regarding port of airlie... which port did the tenders go into ? Port of Airlie or Abel Point Marina?

Also what time was the first and last tender boat ? in airlie

We will be doing the top end cruise - same as your upcoming october one in Feb 2015..

Thanks

Hi i enjoy reading your adventures on this trip

Just have a question regarding port of airlie... which port did the tenders go into ? Port of Airlie or Abel Point Marina?

Also what time was the first and last tender boat ? in airlie

We will be doing the top end cruise - same as your upcoming october one in Feb 2015..

Thanks

Last year the tenders went to Point Abel. Not sure if that will be the same this year.

I was in contact with a local Island Cruise company there asking about booking private tours to the Whitsunday Islands with them but they informed me that their private tours leave early & arrive back late so best to book a ship's tour!

Gae

Last year the tenders went to Point Abel. Not sure if that will be the same this year.

I was in contact with a local Island Cruise company there asking about booking private tours to the Whitsunday Islands with them but they informed me that their private tours leave early & arrive back late so best to book a ship's tour!

Gae

thanks for getting back to us.. We have been finding the same trouble with the times..

Do you know what time the first and last tender was ? when you went?

Thanks

thanks for getting back to us.. We have been finding the same trouble with the times..

Thanks

Hi there! I'm sorry but I don't remember but probably 1st tender left after 8.00 & last back about 5.00 I'd say.

Those booked on ship's tours out to the Islands were picked up directly from then brought back to the ship.

Thanks

Hi there! I'm sorry but I don't remember but probably 1st tender left after 8.00 & last back about 5.00 I'd say.

Those booked on ship's tours out to the Islands were picked up directly from then brought back to the ship.

I met a bar-tender last night at the theatre that had served me once only in the solarium lounge and she remembered not only what I'd ordered but that my Mum had something different!

I said "but how did you remember me?" her answer was "well you remembered me"! Yes but there's only one of her & LOTS of passengers she must have served in that time! I was astounded!

We did B2B cruises on Pacific Jewel back in 2010 and came across a great waitress in Connexions. In 2012, we were on Pacific Pearl and was walking past a bar the first morning and heard a voice call out to us (by name). We turned around an there she was!! She remembered our names, what we drank (apologized to hubby for not selling Tooheys New anymore) and she knew exactly what cruises we had met her on. They are unbelievable:)

LOL.....just realised this is an old thread :)

Edited by karmac

Here's the thread from 2013. I'll now look for the one from last year.

Gae :)

Hi Gae

Loved reading your review. As you have been on this cruise twice before can you remember on what night the 2nd formal night is. I am thinking the first or second sea day after Darwin and before Bali but which one.

Thank you

Edited by lazy day
spelling mistake

Hi Gae

Loved reading your review. As you have been on this cruise twice before can you remember on what night the 2nd formal night is. I am thinking the first or second sea day after Darwin and before Bali but which one.

Thank you

I believe it's the Cruise Director that decides what nights will be formal nights so sorry I can't say when they are likely to be!

Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums