At last! It's RADIANCE cruise day!

Hi, I was just reading the members cruise review for this cruise, I don't understand why the same person has been allowed to post 3 reviews, all bad I might add, but it doesn't really mater bad or good. It seems wrong.

Glad all worked out well in Bali with Dewa, we have used his services twice now and been very happy with him. Sounds like you enjoyed your cruise very much.

Love your photos.

... I don't understand why the same person has been allowed to post 3 reviews, all bad I might add, but it doesn't really mater bad or good. It seems wrong.

I see what you mean. Anyway, they must have little to do if they take the time to write the same thing 3 times.

I think the review that Gae has provided in this thread is the more credible.

Happy cruising

Just read the member reviews. Talk about bias - doesn't like RCI (Celebrity is owned by RCI). Prefers Celebrity and Princess, which is their opinion and entitled to. But appears to be intolerant of people with a disability or aged and anyone with a tattoo is socially unacceptable. We cruise on all lines, whatever is available and at reasonable cost. The last thing you would want to do is be miserable on your cruise after paying a substantial amount for it by continually making comparisons or being prejudiced. All cruise ships have good points and not so good at times but hey we're aboard to relax and enjoy. Obviously we had a different experience to the reviewer as we had a great time. Mostly active baby boomers aboard, probably less walkers, wheelchairs etc than we have experienced on Princess. Fabulous crew, better than Celebrity and QE. Loved Airlie Beach and found Port Hedland interesting. Food was good, plenty of choices and if not you just ask as I did for a couple of meals - chicken, fish or steak and veg, no sauce.

You don't need to Aussiefy, as this is all part of the experience. One lady said to me "you would think they would change the power points in the rooms to Australian ones like Princess did" Did she expect them to change them again when they go back to Alaska or Europe?

We've recently come off Dawn Princess. My mum looked at the distance she had to walk to embark at white bay and I knew she wouldn't make it. So I asked at the desk for a wheelchair. Someone snidely behind me said I was doing it just to get onboard quicker. This was despite the fact my mother was 85 and using a walking stick.

I took great delight at turning around to them to show them my boarding number (Group 1) and that they were calling group 1 as I stood up.

Some people just don't realise they will be old one day.

And I'm raising the white flag for the purple and red trees. :p

Thanks for all your kind replies!

I'm just taking a well-earned break to get some other work done today! I'll be back again tomorrow to add more cruise notes and photos!

I've JUST booked to do this cruise on this ship again in October next year so yes, I really enjoyed the itinery as well as the ship!

BTW - "Good onya" Pushka! :D

Gae

Hi all

I'm still to down-load and organise the rest of my photos so until that's done I thought to share with you the ship's tours for each port.

BRISBANE:

1) Australia Zoo Express - 6hrs - $125. This is the Zoo that the late Steve Irwin "Crocodile Hunter" made famous.

2) Australiana Experience - 8 hrs - $149. This includes Australia Zoo, the Ettamogah Pub (outback hotel). For giant crocs and cuddly koalas.

3) Brisbane Sights & Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary - 5hrs - $69. Historic & modern highlights of Brisbane plus a collection of Australian wildlife.

4) Day at the Gold Coast - 8hrs - $69. Travel south to enjoy a relaxing day at a Gold Coast beach. Includes a brief tour of Brisbane.

5) Leisurely Brisbane - 4hrs - $39. Brisbane's highlights including Parliament House, Treasury Building, Cultural Centre, Botanical Gardens, Mount Coot-tha and Brisbane River South-bank area.

6) Mount Tamborine & Gold Coast - 8hrs - $155. Brisbane sights, lush forests of Mount Tamborine, lunch at an Aussie Pub & wine tasting.

7) Exclusive Brisbane River Cruise - 4hrs - $99. See Brisbane from the deck of the river vessel with full commentary. A brief coach tour is also included.

8) Brisbane Vistas, Ferry & Aboriginal Experience - 5hrs - $129. Tour Brisbane by land & water. Share the culture of a local aboriginal tribe.

9) Mt Tamborine 4WD Experience - 8hrs - $199. Off-road experience of the authentic outback in the forests. Includes a guided nature walk, barbque lunch and winery tasting.

10) Australia Zoo - On Your Own - 6hrs - $49. Coach transfer to Australia Zoo. Wander around at your own leisure.

AIRLIE BEACH - GREAT BARRIER REEF AREA

1) Daydream Island Resort & Spa - 6hrs - $99. Catamaran ride from ship to the Resort. Swim in the lagoon style pool or simply relax. Includes full barbque buffet lunch.

2) Great Barrier Reef - 7hrs - $245. 2-hour transfer via catamaran from the ship out to the pontoon on the outer reef for 3 hours of leisure time to indulge in snorkeling, semi-submersible vessel reef tour and a walk through the underwater viewing chamber. Includes buffet lunch.

3) Airlie Beach Sights & History - 3hrs - $59. Lush green landscape & booming tourist industry. Visit the Prosperpine Historical Museum before relaxing with morning tea at the Sailing Club.

4) Ocean Rafting Eco Adventures - 4hrs - $192. Take an exciting ride on an inflatable ocean rafting vessel at 30 knots through the network of reef lagoons. Relax on the beach or snorkel in the lagoons.

5) Whitehaven Beach & Aussie BBQ - 6hrs - $199. Cruise to the famous Whitehaven Beach, "Australia's Most Beautiful Beach". A typical Aussie barbque is included.

6) Crocodile Safari - 7hrs - $159. The Prosperpine River is the home to many crocodiles living in the estuaries. Experience the wetlands on a tractor-drawn wagoon ride.

7) Tropical Rainforest & Countryside - 5.5hrs - $129. Tour the sugar fields in an air-conditioned vehicle. Enjoy a guided tour through the rain forest. Swim under the waterfalls.

DARWIN TOURS

1) Territory Wildlife Park & Eco Cruise - 5.5hrs - $169. Visit the Territory Wildlife Park, the Mangrove Waterways & Darwin Harbour.

2) Litchfield Park Discovery - 8hrs - $179. Travel the Stuart Highway with a brief stop at the termite mounds to the Litchfield National Park. See the Florence Falls then the Wangi Falls. Includes a casual lunch.

3) Glimpses of Darwin - 1.5hrs - $45. Discover this tropical city from the air-conditioned coach. Includes the cathedral, Government House, Old Admiralty House, the Botanical Gardens and Fanny Bay. View the luxury waterfront house at Cullen Bay Marina area.

4) Jumping Crocodile Cruise - 4hrs - $115. Visit the natural habitat of the crocodiles and watch them launch out of the water to grab their food.

5) Litchfield Park Swimming Adventure - 8hrs - $185. Travel south in an air-conditioned coach to the natural beauty of the national park. Swim in the swimming holes of the area. Includes a barbque lunch.

6) Darwin Walking Tour - 2hrs - $59. A guided walking tour through the city to learn about its history & culture. See memorials of World War 2, aviation pioneers & the 1974 Cyclone Tracy. See the Overland Telegraph Line, Bicentennail Park, Lameroo Beach & views of the Harbour.

7) Darwin Sights & Crocodiles - 4hrs - $99. View highlights of Darwin before visiting Crocodylus Park to learn about the mighty crocodile.

8) Darwin War History - 4hrs - $115. Learn about the city's role in World War 2. Visit the Military Museum, the Art Gallery and the Aviation Heritage Centre.

BALI INDONESIA TOURS

1) Artistic Visit to Ubud - 7.5hrs - $129. Visit a Balinese house compound & witness the Balinese daily life. Includes a sumptuous lunch overlooking the Ayung River.

2) Balinese Way of Life - 9.5hrs - $99. Travel the countryside to see a cross-section of Bali, temples & villages. Travel from the Harbour through villages sighting towering volcanoes along the way.

3) Authentic Balinese Remains - 9hrs - $99. Visit ancient sites of Eastern Bali with its own artistic remains of its Kingdom.

4) Elephant Safari Ride - 7.5hrs - $169. Enjoy a unique elephant ride at the Elephant Safari Park at Taro.

5) Ubud on Your Own - Drive through the picturesque scenry to the little town of Ubud. Your day is free to explore on your own before your bus & guide will transfer you back to the Harbour.

6) Balinese Arts & Crafts Shopping Tour - 4.5hrs - $69. Visit galleries and watch local wood-carvers, silvesmiths and goldsmiths at work.

7) Exclusive Ayung White Water Rafting - 6.5hrs - $185. Experience a rafting trip down the Ayung River. See breath-taking views with a highly-trained guide.

8) Denpassar City Tour - 5hrs - $99. Drive direct to the centre of Denpasar. Visit the Bali Museum. Easy walk to the Jagatnatha Temple, then to a traditional market. Visit the National Dance Academy.

9) Uluwatu Temple Tour - 4hrs - $79. Visit the largest statue built in South East Asia over-looking Bali Island, poised 825 feet about the Indian Ocean. It's carved from the enormous limestone rock upon which it sits. Stop at Jimbaran for handicrafts before returning to the Harbour.

10) Kuta Town on Your Own - 5hrs - $59. Kuta is one of the most famous surfing beaches in Bali with coconut trees lining the white sandy beach. Bargain for local Balinese handicrafts at the numerous shops and stalls.

Hopefully if you click on the picture it will start up the video. Note all the scooters weaving in and out of the cars! In the villages the scooters often held whole families often complete with the day's shopping as well.

I'm not sure if it works for you. It did for me!

th_DSCF0262_zps7cd0829c.jpg

Edited by gaechann

One lady said to me "you would think they would change the power points in the rooms to Australian ones like Princess did" Did she expect them to change them again when they go back to Alaska or Europe?

:) :) Some people are simply stupid!! :) But you do know that 50% of all people are of below average intelligence :)

Barry