Bye bye Indy (for now)

nelly55

I believe Indy leaves Southampton tomorrow for her winter in Florida, please look after her, we will miss her and will be on 1st UK cruise next May 17th.

I presume you are in England. This is off topic but I have no one else to ask.

My friend just got back from her first trip to Lonfon. Short4 days, she was there for the NFL game.

She said:

a) in London everyone uses continental time, so our 1pm was said as 1300.

b) what we call soccer is written fotball in England.

A friend with us with a daughter in London agreed with her.

I said that in my over a dozen wonderful visits to the UK I've never had anyone tell me my dinner reservation was at 1800, instead of 6, and I remember the word was football, spelled the way it would be in the US.

Am I crazy? My old age possibly?

We are on her tomorrow for the TA, we will make sure she crosses the pond safely:):D

John I expect a full report on the status of the drinks in the diamond lounge and drinks in the bars. So, I expect you to order 3 drinks at a bar and then going to the Diamond lounge, and getting a 4th drink.

I can not wait to know something instead of hearing opinions.:D

Happy sailing, and remember you taking one for the team. :D

jc

I presume you are in England. This is off topic but I have no one else to ask.

My friend just got back from her first trip to Lonfon. Short4 days, she was there for the NFL game.

She said:

A friend with us with a daughter in London agreed with her.

I said that in my over a dozen wonderful visits to the UK I've never had anyone tell me my dinner reservation was at 1800, instead of 6, and I remember the word was football, spelled the way it would be in the US.

Am I crazy? My old age possibly?

Definitely football for what you call soccer. I certainly still use 6pm not 18.00 but both are in common use.

I never noticed it in conversation. At least not in the north. The only thing slightly different is the way they tell you the time like "half 2" or "quarter of three". Digital clocks you might see on signs do display 24 hour time, though.

To be more specific, what the rest of the world calls football is called soccer in North America. I have never seen it spelled "fotball" in English though, only in other languages.

Best I can tell you is the more of the world I see thanks to cruising, the more I start to think we are the odd ones that do everything different than the rest of the world.

I believe Indy leaves Southampton tomorrow for her winter in Florida, please look after her, we will miss her and will be on 1st UK cruise next May 17th.

I will be on the transatlantic when she comes back to the UK, I will get off as you get on :)

John I expect a full report on the status of the drinks in the diamond lounge and drinks in the bars. So, I expect you to order 3 drinks at a bar and then going to the Diamond lounge, and getting a 4th drink.

I can not wait to know something instead of hearing opinions.:D

Happy sailing, and remember you taking one for the team. :D

jc

jc, Will report back probably on Sunday after I have followed your advice:)

John

Hi,

I am booked on the Independence of the Seas for late February and am looking forward to trying this ship. I have cruised aboard her sister, Liberty of the Seas, twice and greatly enjoyed the ship. Hopefully, the Independence will be as wonderful.

Chuck

• 2 weeks later...

jc, Will report back probably on Sunday after I have followed your advice:)

John

jc, normal drinks in DL & CL with no showing of seapass but have to show card in other bars. So it isn't a maximum of 3 drinks if you make use of the lounges.

Not working as well as it could do, we have heard that they will be reviewing it and making some changes after the trial.

John.

We have the longest wait so far to be sailing on the Indy. My DH and I will be on her next September but at least we have two weeks to enjoy her. :)

I, sadly, beat you on that one :(

We are sailing on the Indy on October 28th 2014....and not even for 2 weeks! We are doing a small 4 day sailing as it is my kids first cruise.

Hope everyone enjoys their cruises on her, we're certainly counting down the days!