Secrets Aboard Carnival

firstcruiseever

You gave some good information. Thank you. I did not bump it for the sake of old information but instead I thought we could use some fresh new ones. Thankfully, there have been contributions so bumpity bump bump bump :)

One question I have is that I go on the Dream next year. I always took showers in the Gym as they are much bigger with great water pressure. Is the access to the gym and shower still free? Or do we have to pay?

Problem with the old info is a new cruiser could waste their time reading this entire thread and not know they have bad info. I knew in the first post that talks about asking the steward for extra chocolate because I've been sailing since 2014 and never had chocolate.

so do i not bother to read the thread????
I'm of a different mindset. I get that outdated information could cause issues for someone, but if you skip the whole thread, you just might miss some really good tips and/or secrets. Post #3 of this thread links to a huge, albeit much older, thread of the same topic as this one. On page 218 of that thread, someone compiled most of the information found throughout the entire thread into several posts on a single page. That's a pretty handy resource, if you ask me, and can save people a ton of time by not having to go through the whole thread. Yeah, there's going to be some outdated info. that no longer applies to sailing on Carnival, but a vast majority of it could be useful to countless people. You're not going to find that much info. condensed into a single spot anywhere else on this entire forum. Here's the link to that particular page if anyone would like to look it over. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=48388&highlight=carnival+secrets&page=218

I don't want to seem like I'm trying to spread any misinformation that might be in there, but I think that much information is still very valuable.

I'm of a different mindset. I get that outdated information could cause issues for someone, but if you skip the whole thread, you just might miss some really good tips and/or secrets. Post #3 of this thread links to a huge, albeit much older, thread of the same topic as this one. On page 218 of that thread, someone compiled most of the information found throughout the entire thread into several posts on a single page. That's a pretty handy resource, if you ask me, and can save people a ton of time by not having to go through the whole thread. Yeah, there's going to be some outdated info. that no longer applies to sailing on Carnival, but a vast majority of it could be useful to countless people. You're not going to find that much info. condensed into a single spot anywhere else on this entire forum. Here's the link to that particular page if anyone would like to look it over. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=48388&highlight=carnival+secrets&page=218

I don't want to seem like I'm trying to spread any misinformation that might be in there, but I think that much information is still very valuable.

A new thread with links to the old thread is much better than bringing an old thread to the top where people may think it's new if they don't look at the date.

A new thread with links to the old thread is much better than bringing an old thread to the top where people may think it's new if they don't look at the date.
I can agree with that. Now if people would at least check the first few pages for a thread they're thinking about creating before they create it. For instance, in the last week or two, I lost count of the threads asking for advice for new cruisers. There's probably a half dozen on the first five pages of the Carnival boards alone. I think we should at least let a thread (of the same topic) run for a while rather than keep creating new ones. If anything, it would help anyone looking for that kind of info. to find it better. When it's spread out over many threads, things are missed, then gives birth to a new thread. It's a vicious cycle. :D

I can agree with that. Now if people would at least check the first few pages for a thread they're thinking about creating before they create it. For instance, in the last week or two, I lost count of the threads asking for advice for new cruisers. There's probably a half dozen on the first five pages of the Carnival boards alone. I think we should at least let a thread (of the same topic) run for a while rather than keep creating new ones. If anything, it would help anyone looking for that kind of info. to find it better. When it's spread out over many threads, things are missed, then gives birth to a new thread. It's a vicious cycle. :D

A new one was already created instead of adding to this one or the real old one. A lot still rings true and you can see the date that the thread was started.

I see that you can order steak in the dining room for an up charge. Has anyone done this? I can't imagine the quality of the steak would be as good as in the steakhouse??

Good thread but we could probably use a new one so people aren’t reading 8 pages of 5 year old posts to get to the current info.

I have to laugh as I have just read the 8 pages and have that page 218 of the other thread bookmarked to read later.