When's the latest you've been assigned a guaranty cabin on celebrity?

jennifers490

i book guaranty often and i know they can technically wait until pier to give us a cabin but we've been booked on nov 13th equinox inside guaranty for a while now, and ship has been sold out for some time...just curious what others' experiences have been and if it's normal to get assigned so late...checking is driving me crazy

also what are the odds we'll get something better than an inside :)

When did you book the guarantee? I booked a guarantee for Feb about a month ago...seems like everyone said they were assigned pretty quickly. You're less than 2 weeks out and still waiting!

Hope you get a pleasant surprise and a lovely balcony cabin!

i booked mid september, yes 1 week from today--i can only hope for a balcony but i'll stay on a lounger if it means going on a cruise lol

You have been checking your booking under X's website - manage reservation, then view reservation for a cabin #? I know it sounds silly but some folks don't realize they need to drill down to that level to see their cabin #. ;)

like every half hour--it's becoming a bit obsessive :)

i am acting like it's my first cruise, i even called and said all is ok as long as i'll be allowed on the ship right :D

The only time we had to wait such a long time, also about two months, for an assignment for our inside Z gty on Connie we ended up getting a mid-ship 2A balcony four days prior to our cruise. IMO odds are good you will get an upgrade but as you know that isn't a guaranty out come with a Z gty booking other than you will have a cabin for that sailing. ;)

Edited by robtulipe

You have been checking your booking under X's website - manage reservation, then view reservation for a cabin #? I know it sounds silly but some folks don't realize they need to drill down to that level to see their cabin #. ;)

You sound like me, I'd be doing the same thing. It's like winning the cruise lottery when you finally get an assignment! Good luck and come back, let us know what you got.:)

The only time we had to wait such a long time, also about two months, for an assignment for our inside Z gty on Connie we ended up getting a mid-ship 2A balcony four days prior to our cruise. IMO odds are good you will get an upgrade but as you know that isn't a guaranty out come with a Z gty booking other than you will have a cabin for that sailing. ;)

now you've given me hope i just wanted to know if it ever had happened lol i would be happy with a window that would be a big upgrade for me :)

still nothing 6 days til sailaway ...:D

now you've given me hope i just wanted to know if it ever had happened lol i would be happy with a window that would be a big upgrade for me :)

still nothing 6 days til sailaway ...:D

We've also have gotten OV for inside gtys and balcony for Y or OV gty, going to the next class of cabins. For the other 9 of the 13 total guaranty bookings we've done we have always gotten an upgrade from the lowest category possible but it was in the same class of cabins the gty has been in therefore lower cat. inside to higher cat. inside, balcony to balcony, etc. The good news is the longer we've waited the better the upgrade we've gotten. ;)

Edited by robtulipe

I often book gty cabins. Anything can happen. I have been assigned cabins the same day that I booked. I have waited until the day of the cruise. I have been assigned and then reassigned 3 times on one cruise...each time the cabin got better. The closer you get to the sail date, the better the cabin. That has been my experience. Anything can happen. . You are going on a cruise....and you saved money. Relax...and enjoy!

I often book gty cabins. Anything can happen. I have been assigned cabins the same day that I booked. I have waited until the day of the cruise. I have been assigned and then reassigned 3 times on one cruise...each time the cabin got better. The closer you get to the sail date, the better the cabin. That has been my experience. Anything can happen. . You are going on a cruise....and you saved money. Relax...and enjoy!

I just booked this afternoon and have an assignment already for Dec 14 sailing. Have had to wait weeks previously. Interesting you've been reassigned, I wondered if that could happen. Fingers crossed for a hump 1A closer to sailing :)

still nothing :) now i am just super curious! less than 4 days to go...

Thanks for the update.

I guess the old addage applies here, you get what you pay for lol

Hope everyone is having a wonderful time!

Not really.:p

OP likely paid less for her gty then would have cost if she selected the cabin she was assigned.

We booked an Concierge XC gty for our upcoming cruise and that saved us $800 over picking the C1 we were assigned. If we didn't have senior pricing selecting a C1 would have cost us $1200 more.

Also we've been assigned upgrades to the next class of cabins or higher for 4 of the 13 guaranties we've done and for all others we were assigned a higher category, although still in the same class, of cabin than the lowest category the gty could have given us.:D

Not really.:p

OP likely paid less for her gty then would have cost if she selected the cabin she was assigned.

We booked an Concierge XC gty for our upcoming cruise and that saved us $800 over picking the C1 we were assigned. If we didn't have senior pricing selecting a C1 would have cost us $1200 more.

Also we've been assigned upgrades to the next class of cabins or higher for 4 of the 13 guaranties we've done and for all others we were assigned a higher category, although still in the same class, of cabin than the lowest category the gty could have given us.:D

My implication was she paid for an interior, got an interior :-) But yes, I see what you mean since there are of course variances in the cabin levels.