Questions for those that have the Cruise Critic App on their Smart Phone

LAFFNVEGAS

I know there are several that have the Cruise Critic App on their smart phone, I am a little bit upset with the app right now. I never allow the Push notifications on any apps for my phone. I find them extremely annoying so I have had the actual Cruise Critic App since it came out on my iPhone. Suddenly yesterday I started to get the Push notifications. And not just posts I have posted on but for posts on board like Carnival and other boards I never post on. I have gone into my phone making sure they are turned off as well as in the CC App. I am obviously not getting every post there is on CC but yesterday I would guess I got about 40 of them, this does not do well for my battery life on the phone either. Is this happening with anyone else?

I know there are several that have the Cruise Critic App on their smart phone, I am a little bit upset with the app right now. I never allow the Push notifications on any apps for my phone. I find them extremely annoying so I have had the actual Cruise Critic App since it came out on my iPhone. Suddenly yesterday I started to get the Push notifications. And not just posts I have posted on but for posts on board like Carnival and other boards I never post on. I have gone into my phone making sure they are turned off as well as in the CC App. I am obviously not getting every post there is on CC but yesterday I would guess I got about 40 of them, this does not do well for my battery life on the phone either. Is this happening with anyone else?

Lisa,

This happened on our iPad not our iPhones. As you said very annoying. I removed the app completely because of it. I plan on putting it back in a few days when they fix the glitch. Battery life is already compromised with the new IOS 7 and this makes it worse.

Have an idea :

Remove the app and put it back on then reset you iPhone by pressing the top button and the bottom button together till phone turns off completely. Let go when you see the apple back. This will kinda " clear cookies" on your iPhone. See if it makes a diff and let's know.

Have an idea :

Remove the app and put it back on then reset you iPhone by pressing the top button and the bottom button together till phone turns off completely. Let go when you see the apple back. This will kinda " clear cookies" on your iPhone. See if it makes a diff and let's know.

Thanks, I will have to try that a bit later today since I have a bunch of errands to go run. Now what is odd it is doing it on my iPhone but When I just turned the wifi on my iPad for a while it did not seem to occur but then I do not keep the wifi on the iPad on very often. Bit did have it on for a while yesterday and this morning. But this is definitely a glitch with the Cruise Critic App.

I'm getting the same push notifications on my iPad and like yours, Lisa, they only just started. Very annoying, but not as much as it would be on a phone. Hopefully we get a bug fix soon.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

On a side note, can you post pictures on cruise critic using your iphone?

If yes how is this done?

Thanks in advance

This use to be extremely easy, but what ever update just happened they have changed everything in the Cruise Critic app, I cannot even find how to reply to a post :eek: Obviously there are some major problems going on with the Cruise Critic App right now. But I also have Tapa Talk with Cruise Critic. Let me go into my phone on Tapa Talk and give the instructions to post a picture.

On a side note, can you post pictures on cruise critic using your iphone?

If yes how is this done?

Thanks in advance

Ok at least on Tapa Talk Cruise Critic on my iPhone I just click on my little camera icon and you can take a picture to post or click the little picture icon and it asks if I want to use an existing photo then it will even ask the quality you want to use for pixel size. Here is a photo of my new kitten.

ma4yzyge.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is a push notification?

Carol, a push notification is a message that comes up on your phone stating something has occurred in a particular app. It can also be of weather conditions warnings, Amber alerts. Traffic alerts. I think every app that you place on your phone asks if you want these type of alerts called push notifications. I always state no except I do have it for weather alerts and emergency situations. It is kind of like a text message.

Ok at least on Tapa Talk Cruise Critic on my iPhone I just click on my little camera icon and you can take a picture to post or click the little picture icon and it asks if I want to use an existing photo then it will even ask the quality you want to use for pixel size. Here is a photo of my new kitten.

ma4yzyge.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohhh! Your kitten is adorable! My "kitten" is 5 years old lol.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Ohhh! Your kitten is adorable! My "kitten" is 5 years old lol.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks :) This is Missy, I got her one week ago today, she is 13 weeks old. I adopted her from a Rescue place. She is truly a little sweety.

Carol, a push notification is a message that comes up on your phone stating something has occurred in a particular app. It can also be of weather conditions warnings, Amber alerts. Traffic alerts. I think every app that you place on your phone asks if you want these type of alerts called push notifications. I always state no except I do have it for weather alerts and emergency situations. It is kind of like a text message.

Ahhhhh...I didn't know what you meant until you explained it. I have those, too. On my Samsung Galaxy notepad as well as my android phone. I just ignore them.

Laffnvegas: Did you happen to do an update on your phone maybe? I haven't done the IOS7 (I think that's the newest update) so maybe that is why you are getting the push notifications?

Yes I have done several updates with the new IOS7 but they have all been a while ago and the last one I think was last Monday. This actually started on Friday. So I think it is a problem with the Cruise Critic App. Plus I found I cannot post on it the function is totally gone. Only Tapatalk is working. But I think I may have stopped it. I turned off everything on that app and so far nothing has come through in the last 30 minutes so keeping my fingers crossed.

This looks like a professional photograph, with the black background and the way she is posing/looking at the camera. Missy is just too cute! :D

Thanks :) a friend on Facebook said it looks like I took her to Olan Mills :D but just my iPhone camera and she is sitting on my computer chair. Which is where she is a lot. She spends the day sleeping behind me on my chair while I work.

Thanks :) This is Missy, I got her one week ago today, she is 13 weeks old. I adopted her from a Rescue place. She is truly a little sweety.

Your kitty is so cute! We have two "rescue" cats...the first one adopted us over ten years ago, then 5 years ago she adopted a kitten who had lost her mother. They give us so much joy!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Yes I have done several updates with the new IOS7 but they have all been a while ago and the last one I think was last Monday. This actually started on Friday. So I think it is a problem with the Cruise Critic App. Plus I found I cannot post on it the function is totally gone. Only Tapatalk is working. But I think I may have stopped it. I turned off everything on that app and so far nothing has come through in the last 30 minutes so keeping my fingers crossed.

I have not updated my iPhone or iPad to IOS7 because I keep hearing about people having problems after doing so. Think I will wait a little longer. BTW, Missy is adorable. I certainly miss not having a little furball or two around the house.