The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

Naaaaaa, the same 20 people who have been complaining non stop for the last 2 weeks would still find something to bitch about.

And the same people keep telling us that we have nothing to complain tell us that we have nothing to complain about....blessed be the cheerleaders, they exist for every cruise line and feel that they need to moderate every negative post about their cruise line.

Guest debbiejohncruise

I have never seen so many people complain about something like this. Get a life people! We love cruising and I wouldn't want to be on the ship with some of you! lol. We don't cruise for the Captain's Club, we cruise for the enjoyment. Life's too short to be wasting your energy on a done deal. Enjoy it by being positive and chillaxing!!!!! :)

I don't think people were booking cruises just to advance but they certainly expected to having had booked them. In addition, some people (myself included) upgraded to Concierge explicitly to gain the additional tier credit that would have taken us to Elite. I have never thought of cancelling my cruise but have considered going back to the Balcony cabin. As the system changed it is all moot now.:D

Actually, if you go back and read the posts, some on here are upset because they said they booked cruises to get themselves to Elite; they wanted to be Elite on some longer cruises.

Edited by NLH Arizona

And the same people keep telling us that we have nothing to complain tell us that we have nothing to complain about....blessed be the cheerleaders, they exist for every cruise line and feel that they need to moderate every negative post about their cruise line.

Label us "cheerleaders" all you want, but we're not. Celebrity has a good product and a decent "loyalty/rewards" program. Those are facts. If you'd like some of us "cheerleaders" to voice what we consider Celebrity's shortcomings, I'm sure we could come up with a few, but that's typical behavior nowadays. The evening news is full of negative stuff, I for one don't need more of that here. No one is moderating. Some of us are trying to get you to see your complaint is without merit.

I have never seen so many people complain about something like this. Get a life people! We love cruising and I wouldn't want to be on the ship with some of you! lol. We don't cruise for the Captain's Club, we cruise for the enjoyment. Life's too short to be wasting your energy on a done deal. Enjoy it by being positive and chillaxing!!!!! :)

Sounds sweet. Where can I sign up for "some extra chillaxing"? :cool: :cool:

Actually, if you go back and read the posts, some on here are upset because they said they booked cruises to get themselves to Elite; they wanted to be Elite on some longer cruises.

Sorry, my mistake, only they would know for sure what their reasons for booking certain cruises were.:D

If that's your true feelings, why not cancel and move on to Princess? I understand their loyalty program is awesome.....:rolleyes:

Actually if we hadn't booked the cruises well over a year ago and paid for them in October, I may have been inclined to do exactly that. Now that you have dropped the P bomb ...oh, how cleaver of you, you may care to know that their that their Elite level is vastly superior to Celebrity's. If you knew anything about their a Elite you may know that it affords offer internet minutes, unlimited free laundry and a minibar set up, so yes there would be lots of incentive to move over, particularly as Celebrity has done a pretty stupid thing.:D

You are not very convincing, I know when I have been shortchanged.

Yes, you have told us many times. Anything that can be said concerning this issue involving someone with only two completed cruises on Celebrity has been said many times as well.

P.S. I think most of us think Celebrity did a smart thing.

Edited by jagoffee

Let me get this straight. A poster is touting the Princess Elite Tier Incentive program because it gives free laundry, internet and a SR bar set up. Nice tier, but I think they forgot to mention it takes 16 cruises or 151 cruise days to reach Princess Elite.

I guess I'm missing whatever point that poster is trying to make. They are bemoaning the Celebrity program because they thought they'd reach Elite in 5 cruises and it will now take them 6 or 7, and they are touting the Princess Elite tier which takes 15 cruises.

I think I'm a bit confused, but If the whole point of cruising is to get points in some goodies program, me thinks someone is Very confused.

Den

Let me get this straight. A poster is touting the Princess Elite Tier Incentive program because it gives free laundry, internet and a SR bar set up. Nice tier, but I think they forgot to mention it takes 16 cruises or 151 cruise days to reach Princess Elite.

Keep in mind with the "new" Celebrity cruise program, they have matched that as a base level.

If you travel in insides or oceanviews, it will also take you 150 days to reach Elite.

Just received a very interesting email from friends that are currently on board Silhouette for the December Trans Atlantic. Here is their interesting quote!!!!!

They have made the new level ELITE PLUS here for “delivering a higher level of recognition” as they say. We were glad for that as we are PLUS member. We are just surprised that we are treated like an Diamond member from Royal. Sounds like the new on board experience is as dysfunctional as the Celebrity Web site.

Edited by FUN33

The old system had its anomalies

1) Equal treatment for 1-11 nights

2) A large step in rewards at CC and none for higher categories

3) An incentive to choose 12 nights or over

The new system is fairer and tries to iron out these wrinkles.

Attached is colour coded comparison between points accrued in old / new clubs to show the winners and losers based upon your future sailing pattern.

Pink = You will earn rewards less quickly under the new scheme

Gold = You will earn rewards at the same rate in both schemes

Green = You will earn rewards more quickly under the new scheme

Summary,

In future you will be less well rewarded in non-suites except on longer cruises where after 31 days everyone wins.

7 Nights in a Sky Suite/AQ Suites will be less well rewarded than at present.

Upper suites are better rewarded on all except the shortest cruises.

Crystal Ball Time - Incentives will become common in the form of extra points to club members to sell specific rooms in place of lower prices. So another sales tool to clear those empty rooms.

Captains Club Comparion.pdf

Edited by helpthejuggler

Just received a very interesting email from friends that are currently on board Silhouette for the December Trans Atlantic. Here is their interesting quote!!!!!

They have made the new level ELITE PLUS here for “delivering a higher level of recognition” as they say. We were glad for that as we are PLUS member. We are just surprised that we are treated like an Diamond member from Royal. Sounds like the new on board experience is as dysfunctional as the Celebrity Web site.

That sounds like there are some teething issues.:D

Attached is colour coded comparison between points accrued in old / new clubs to show the winners and losers based upon your future sailing pattern.

Summary,

In future you will be less well rewarded in non-suites except on longer cruises where after 31 days everyone wins.

7 Nights in a Sky Suite/AQ Suites will be less well rewarded than at present.

Upper suites are better rewarded on all except the shortest cruises.

Crystal Ball Time - Incentives will become common in the form of extra points to club members to sell specific rooms in place of lower prices. So another sales tool to clear those empty rooms.

Thanks for posting, it summarizes the situation easily.:D

It's interesting to read that because on our "Equinox" transatlantic crossing starting at 25th. November, the day the new tiers and benefits were implemented the new changes weren't recognized and I was a bit miffed at that - I would have loved to have more internet minutes on the first cruise where the internet was really fast most of the time. On the other hand the VIP lounge/Concierge lounge in Michael's Club was already in existence , though, and a a few people were sitting around by themselves in the afternoons ... Of course it didn't matter much anyway and didn't hinder us at all in enjoying the cruise!

By the way - don't count on a voucher system being used on every TA crossing! This cruise there were over 800 Elites on board and there was the usual Social hour reception in the Sky lounge - we only went once because it was a zoo :eek: and we quietly retreated to another bar on the ship... But it's only fair to say that the ridiculously high noise level in a lounge where every seat was used obviously didn't stop the others who obviously enjoyed themselves immensely!

Actually if we hadn't booked the cruises well over a year ago and paid for them in October, I may have been inclined to do exactly that. Now that you have dropped the P bomb ...oh, how cleaver of you, you may care to know that their that their Elite level is vastly superior to Celebrity's. If you knew anything about their a Elite you may know that it affords offer internet minutes, unlimited free laundry and a minibar set up, so yes there would be lots of incentive to move over, particularly as Celebrity has done a pretty stupid thing.:D

"Elite" is just a title for a loyalty program. It doesn't mean the exact same benefits for all cruise lines who use that category. I was "Elite" on Celebrity after four cruises and fifty five days. What would I get on Princess? Some internet miutes and what else? I've enjoyed the X bennies for 95 days before I would have reached the top level on Princess. I'm not a Princess fan after two cruises, so their "Elite" category is of no interest to me.

I agree, the "Zenith" level is unobtainable to most people, but I'm happy with X and RCL and will continue to take wonderful cruises on wonderful ships, and oh yea, enjoy all the free stuff they want to give me.

Summary,

Problem is that the longest cruises (and they are rare) are 18 days. So there's a whole block of green that doesn't apply.

If showing the real possibilities, the majority are red, with only suites sometimes gaining.

It's interesting to read that because on our "Equinox" transatlantic crossing starting at 25th. November, the day the new tiers and benefits were implemented the new changes weren't recognized and I was a bit miffed at that - I would have loved to have more internet minutes on the first cruise where the internet was really fast most of the time. On the other hand the VIP lounge/Concierge lounge in Michael's Club was already in existence , though, and a a few people were sitting around by themselves in the afternoons ... Of course it didn't matter much anyway and didn't hinder us at all in enjoying the cruise!

By the way - don't count on a voucher system being used on every TA crossing! This cruise there were over 800 Elites on board and there was the usual Social hour reception in the Sky lounge - we only went once because it was a zoo :eek: and we quietly retreated to another bar on the ship... But it's only fair to say that the ridiculously high noise level in a lounge where every seat was used obviously didn't stop the others who obviously enjoyed themselves immensely!

With 800 elites on board and the lounge being a madhouse, I am very suprised they didn't use the vouchers.:confused:

We went on the Reflection on Nov 23, 2 days before the new program. None of the new perks were offered- although my diet appreciates the lack of gelato. The points were just awarded and they used the new system, so we missed out on both ends.

Edited by Benita

Not much of an incentive if Celebrity can change their program at will after you've booked and paid in full but before you cruise; just like they did. "Here's some bonus points. Oh by the way, we just moved the goal posts again. Sorry, read the fine print"

Fool me once,.......