Price drop after final payment??

jamies78

Hello!! Just looking for some advise to see if there is anything that can be done. We leave on Oasis this Saturday. The cruise price has dropped by $700 for our cabin category. Obviously, we are after final payment. Is there anything we can do? Will they issue onboard credit or anything like that? I think I know the answer but thought I would ask the experts!!

Thanks!!

If you are not 'set' on your current cabin, you could try to call and see if you can move up in category.

If you find a category that costs more than what you have paid so far, they sometimes let you pay the 'difference'.

I just upgraded my balcony for my Dec. 7 sailing.

Hello!! Just looking for some advise to see if there is anything that can be done. We leave on Oasis this Saturday. The cruise price has dropped by $700 for our cabin category. Obviously, we are after final payment. Is there anything we can do? Will they issue onboard credit or anything like that? I think I know the answer but thought I would ask the experts!!

Thanks!!

Everyone likes to get the best deal possible and I am no exception. In any industry, where a 'product for sale' situation exists, when the company still has product left and they don't want to keep the unsold inventory -- it gets marked down. No mystery -- here. That is the case with unsold cabins on a ship. When the cruise line is days away from a sailing with a few cabins left, they want them filled -- the way to fill them, is put them on sale at very reduced prices. Some people can make 'very last minute plans' and take advantage of those kinds of deals and don't care where the cabin is located and those people are the ones the cruise line is trying to attract.

When you booked your cruise, you thought you got a good price and got a cabin of your choice. It can be annoying to see a significantly lower price, and sometimes there is NO way to get that deal.

I don't fault the cruise line for trying to have the sailing go out with every cabin filled. On the flip side, my DH loves to look at the cruises we are on, and see how much MORE other people are paying for the same cabin we are staying in....he loves to see prices go up on the RCCL website AFTER we have booked -- it makes him feel good.

Edited by Paulette3028
additional note

Everyone likes to get the best deal possible and I am no exception. In any industry, where a 'product for sale' situation exists, when the company still has product left and they don't want to keep the unsold inventory -- it gets marked down. No mystery -- here. That is the case with unsold cabins on a ship. When the cruise line is days away from a sailing with a few cabins left, they want them filled -- the way to fill them, is put them on sale at very reduced prices. Some people can make 'very last minute plans' and take advantage of those kinds of deals and don't care where the cabin is located and those people are the ones the cruise line is trying to attract.

When you booked your cruise, you thought you got a good price and got a cabin of your choice. It can be annoying to see a significantly lower price, and sometimes there is NO way to get that deal.

I don't fault the cruise line for trying to have the sailing go out with every cabin filled. On the flip side, my DH loves to look at the cruises we are on, and see how much MORE other people are paying for the same cabin we are staying in....he loves to see prices go up on the RCCL website AFTER we have booked -- it makes him feel good.

Actually, for our next cruise I didn't, and still don't, think that I got a good price. However, I booked anyway. I just keep debating whether to cancel before final payment is due as the price keeps nagging at me.

Actually, for our next cruise I didn't, and still don't, think that I got a good price. However, I booked anyway. I just keep debating whether to cancel before final payment is due as the price keeps nagging at me.

Maybe switch to the lowest possible category. Then you can possibly upgrade when the price goes down after final and at least you are on the ship.

Maybe switch to the lowest possible category. Then you can possibly upgrade when the price goes down after final and at least you are on the ship.

I have thought of that and it is an option that I have also been toying with. Of course, the down side is that we might actually end up cruising in that category. I tend to book the lowest cabin category that I would be happy sailing in. Every option has its own issues. I have 3 or 4 more weeks to decide.

I have thought of that and it is an option that I have also been toying with. Of course, the down side is that we might actually end up cruising in that category. I tend to book the lowest cabin category that I would be happy sailing in. Every option has its own issues. I have 3 or 4 more weeks to decide.

I would sign up for a price alert service. (You can also see the lowest price the category has been in the past. That also helps me decide if I am paying 'too much') I would have missed a lot of price changes without the service.

Yeah, I was much happier with the old policy and you were given the lower price so you weren't penalized for booking early. My cabin is 60% and when you have four cruises booked.....that is big $$$$ At least when you got it as OBC,

Edited by PINEVIEW01

How does this post help? It does not answer the question or add any additional information :confused:

I suppose one could as well as your post.

I suppose one could as well as your post also?

...Sorry, it looked like fun and just wanted to jump in. Post Police are cool!!! :)

Edited by Coov

How do you sign up for this service ?

I would sign up for a price alert service. (You can also see the lowest price the category has been in the past. That also helps me decide if I am paying 'too much') I would have missed a lot of price changes without the service.