Unlimited soda card

flucocruiser

I bought it on my first cruise and even though DH and I shared it we still didn't feel like we got our money's worth. They do not give you a can of soda. They are going to either pour from a can that is already open or they are going to open a can and pour it into a glass. Several times I felt like the soda was flat.

We have never ordered it again!

I bought it my first couple cruises, but then I realized that we can carry our own soda on board with us: 12 bottles/cans per person, 20 ounces or less, must be in your carry-on. You can buy some more in your ports and carry them on. I don't like Coke products, and that's all that Carnival has. Plus, the cans sit out at room temperature, and they pour it into a cup overloaded with ice, so the soda is instantly flat and watered down. If they would chill the can prior to serving, it would make a huge difference, and I would buy more from them.

If you just need the effects of the soda and don't care much about the taste, plus you'll drink more than 3 cans worth per day in addition to any carry-ons (that's a ton of qualifiers), then it would be worth it to get the soda sticker. I can't see that applying to too many people. I've bought the occasional individual can at around $2/can. They do give you the full can when you purchase an individual (unlike with the soda sticker), so you control when & how much is poured into the cup of ice. So you can remove most of the 10 pounds of ice they put into the cup before pouring the soda. If you combine carry-ons with the occasional purchase of one soda, that will probably work out better.

I buy it for the kids only. Last time I cruised, it worked out to three sodas a day breaks even, and the fourth soda puts it in my favor. The running joke in our family was have you drank your four cokes so far today? My kids certainly get my money's worth.

I have to respectfully disagree with my fellow Carnival cruisers. I have been purchasing the soda card not only on Carnival, but on NCL as well for the past 10+ cruises and always find it very useful. I must admit that I am a fan of Coke over Pepsi, but not only that, on sea days, and just lunch and dinner, I drink at least 4 - 5 glasses. I find it well worthwhile.

I always get one and always will. I always get my money's worth. On the other hand my wife never gets one and it would be a waste for her. Might get a little pricey if you have to get one for the whole family but if it's just one or two people it's not bad. If you get it then you just don't have to worry about it.

We don't enjoy the hassle of carrying soda onboard and having to go back to the cabin every time we want a soda, so we purchase BB. We can justify it because we drink enough sodas to break even. They'll also let us order Cherry Cokes and Shirley Temples which is a nice change up.

I really wish they'd install the Freestyle machines like some of the other lines have.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

We got the soda sticker last time and plan to again next month. Two teenagers so theirs is less than the adults :)

We found that a few days in our favorite bartenders would put a few cans of our soda of choice into the cooler so they had cold ones to pour for us. We tipped them extra at the end of the cruise because they took good care of us and our children for sodas and juice.

We always get one also. That way we don't have to just have water or coffee with our meals. I don't do coffee.

Also we order rum from Bon Voyage and just mix our own drinks. Saves alot compared to buying the drinks on board. My wife likes to order the DOD virgin and add her own rum also. They are only about 5$ for the virgin drinks.

I thought it was definitely worth it. We got them for each of us on our cruise last week and it was nice to just order sodas and not worry about the cost. For $48 for the week I had a glass with lunch, one or two throughout the afternoon, then one at dinner and one during the show. If I got a glass of soda and didn't finish it before the ice melted- I didn't feel guilty about having wasted it. As for the person who said they don't give you a whole can- they don't give you a whole can without the program either, so then you're paying $1.95 plus gratuity for a partial can of soda. Not worth it without the sticker, IMO.

If you purchase an individual soda, you DO get the full can. At least, you are supposed to. I have every time. It sounds like somebody didn't, which means that the bartender didn't know what they were doing. For $1.95 plus tip, you are supposed to get the full can, and they are not supposed to pour any of it into a cup. A cup with ice in it will accompany the can. I guess it's possible that this has changed within the last year or so.

Edited by k2excursion

I buy it, love it, always get my money's worth out of it. I brought my big Tervis cup and got about a can and a half in it each time. But I love Soda. Soda is like Pringles to me. If it's there, I am going to eat/drink. I still drank a lot of lemonade/tea. But I like to always have my cup with me and have something to sip on.

I have to respectfully disagree with my fellow Carnival cruisers. I have been purchasing the soda card not only on Carnival, but on NCL as well for the past 10+ cruises and always find it very useful. I must admit that I am a fan of Coke over Pepsi, but not only that, on sea days, and just lunch and dinner, I drink at least 4 - 5 glasses. I find it well worthwhile.

I agree

We'll be on the Sunshine over Christmas, too! Can't wait! Re the soda card, it really depends on how much soda you drink o see if its worthwhile. It s for my family. My son likes to get pineapple juice from the bar and mix it with vanilla soft serve for his version of a piña colada. :). Not judging you on the single soda card for the family, but they might limit the amount of soda you purchase if they suspect you are using one card for multiple people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk