Help on Concierge class cabin

Umbarger

It totally depends on the class of ship. If it's S class then all outside cabins up to the suites are the same size. On the M class ships the Concierge class cabins are larger by degrees. Then there are 2 CC cabins on deck 6 that are larger and two more that are even larger, but as I noted by degrees.

If you are looking for an enhanced breakfast menu for cabin dining, or want a little afternoon snack, or want a better robe and towels, or if you want a few extra Captain Club points then look again at the CC cabins. The perks aren't that terrific but that's what they amount to. If the price differential is substantial then I wouldn't recommend moving up. Of course cabin location could also be a factor.

There are sailings where the Aqua class cabins are lower than the Concierge class cabins and if that Is the case for the sailing you are looking at then I highly recommend that booking. Once again, on the M class ships the Aqua class cabins are the same size as the Concierge Class cabins. On the S class ships they are the same size as all outside cabins.

We are looking at the Celebrity Soltice. All the handicapped balcony cabins are sold out. Funny since the cruise is a year out. Only thing left is a handicapped concierge class cabin.

So for $300 I get a bottle of wine, a pillow menu and a upgraded room service menu, right?

Edited by Umbarger

We are looking at the Celebrity Soltice. All the handicapped balcony cabins are sold out. Funny since the cruise is a year out. Only thing left is a handicapped concierge class cabin.

So for $300 I get a bottle of wine, a pillow menu and a upgraded room service menu, right?

Plus 2 extra tier points/day above a std balcony room, if you're into that.

You also get foot-stools. Obviously for many folks insignificant, but for us (balcony rats) a deal-breaker.;)

Plus more points, plus better located cabin, plus priority boarding, plus snacks in the afternoon and not to forget the handicapped cabin.

As a general rule posters here turn their noses up at Concierge Class.

We always book that level for the footstools, the cabin choice and possibly the points. The other little extras are nice but not essential to my life.

As a general rule posters here turn their noses up at Concierge Class.

We always book that level for the footstools, the cabin choice and possibly the points. The other little extras are nice but not essential to my life.

As do we, so long as the price difference isn't very much on S class, and we don't mind a small increase for M class

We are just off the Reflection on a C2, and found nothing special. The finger food every evening was, well, not worth the time washing it down:rolleyes: Only plus was the wifester is now on a mission to find the pillow she had, best 7 nights sleep she has had on Ship, period!

After doing a veranda, a concierge class, then an inside, my DH has decided that if the cost isn't too much more, he wants the concierge room. We liked the footstool, the better towels, and the little extras like shoe shine service. The CC room came with body wash gel, which the other rooms didn't have. We kind of liked having the bowl of fruit, even though we could hav walked up a few stairs for it.

It all depends on cost though. If the cost difference is under $15 per person per night, we may do the upgrade.

If you are upgrading to Concierge Class because you need the handicap cabin, this is a wise choice. We just had to do the same, from an Oceanview in a great spot to a CC # 1026 because all regular balcony HC Cabins were unavailable MORE THAN a YEAR out when booking our Baltic sailing for May. If you have never had to use a Handicapped Cabin, they are almost twice the size of a regular cabin, more accurately meaning you have twice the floor space and a double sized bathroom.

We sailed on the SClass in a regular AQ for the last two years and I use a rollator, which we kept in the hall most of the time, except overnight. We have just completed a 7 night cruise on the Allure in a HC Cabin with a scooter. The difference in the size of both the room and the balcony is incredible, so as soon as we returned, I upgraded. I think having a CC accessable cabin on the S Class ship will really make our 14 night Baltic very comfortable, although we did have to give up our 1-2-3 promotion with $600 puff our air to do it. Hoping that AQ will go down in the future and we will grab that to eat in Blu.