New menus and ***** !!!!!

trebork

I'm very upset about this! If they take these tablecloths away, how am I supposed to wipe the food off my mouth.

I demand John Heald fix this.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Don't you have any long sleeve shirts ? *LOL*

This is just another example of CCL cost cutting and saying it is an "improvement". In the future I would not be surprised if Carnival will make the MDR an optional expense. Most cruisers who will not pay a surcharge will be expected to eat in the buffet.

Carnival is on a slippery slope. It seems that their only objective is to be the lowest cost cruise line with the highest density of passengers.

We are Plantinum Level cruisers on Carnival and we loved to cruise with Carnival. It is disappointing to see the way they are headed.

P.S.: We have seen much of the same cost cutting beginning to affect their other "captive" lines such as Princess.

This is just another example of CCL cost cutting and saying it is an "improvement". In the future I would not be surprised if Carnival will make the MDR an optional expense. Most cruisers who will not pay a surcharge will be expected to eat in the buffet.

Carnival is on a slippery slope. It seems that their only objective is to be the lowest cost cruise line with the highest density of passengers.

We are Plantinum Level cruisers on Carnival and we loved to cruise with Carnival. It is disappointing to see the way they are headed.

P.S.: We have seen much of the same cost cutting beginning to affect their other "captive" lines such as Princess.

How is the addition of a new menu, with the same amount of dining choices, a cutback?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Finally I get my son and his family to go on a cruise and all of these changes happen. My grandchildren are young (4,10 and 12) but the older two really enjoy fine dining experiences. I was looking forward to the old menu which is now the gone menu. My husband enjoys meatloaf and he loved the starters as appetizers.

I am hoping the changes do not get to the Splendor until after July 2014

Finally I get my son and his family to go on a cruise and all of these changes happen. My grandchildren are young (4,10 and 12) but the older two really enjoy fine dining experiences. I was looking forward to the old menu which is now the gone menu. My husband enjoys meatloaf and he loved the starters as appetizers.

You're seriously concerned about a 10 & 12 year old not being impressed with dinner? Really?

Meatloaf is fine dining? I thought meatlof was yesterday's flat iron steak and today's gravy.

If one can accept the idea of a gourmet burger then meatloaf as fine dining isn't that far fetched. I tried themeatloaf from dw's plate and it was a step above what you get at, say, cracker barrel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk

Been away awhile so jsut now hearing about all of this. I will be saving some money room in my luggage by not buying and packing clothes for elegant night, I guess. There is nothing at all on the elegant night menu I would eat. Last trip, I had the prime rib, and it was awful. Don't like lobster, have no desire to eat bass.

Two menus, AMERICAN TABLE regular nights and AMERICAN FEAST on formal nights. From what I read they will try it out on a couple ships then go fleet wide after that.

Carnival Glory in December, Carnival Liberty in January, and Carnival Imagination and Carnival Inspiration in February. If the new menu items win over passengers on sailings in the early part of 2014, the new concepts are slated to go fleetwide through the remainder of 2014 and into 2015.

My guess is if they see that they are saving money on it, they will put it out to the whole fleet regardless of what customers say about it. The more folks who are not impressed witht he new food, the more will pay for the steakhouse and the italian eateries right?

Lucky for me, I am not fussy and can usually find plenty of good food at the buffet...:rolleyes:

Looking at the menu, there is no need for table clothes, I mean, Denny's doesn't have them, why should the CCL mdr have them? You'll be getting mangos, carrot sticks and potato chips to dip in the sweet and sour sauce, plus you'll still be able to get the wondeful flat iron steak- wow!

You sure don't give up

Two menus, AMERICAN TABLE regular nights and AMERICAN FEAST on formal nights. From what I read they will try it out on a couple ships then go fleet wide after that.

Carnival Glory in December, Carnival Liberty in January, and Carnival Imagination and Carnival Inspiration in February. If the new menu items win over passengers on sailings in the early part of 2014, the new concepts are slated to go fleetwide through the remainder of 2014 and into 2015.

My guess is if they see that they are saving money on it, they will put it out to the whole fleet regardless of what customers say about it. The more folks who are not impressed witht he new food, the more will pay for the steakhouse and the italian eateries right?

Lucky for me, I am not fussy and can usually find plenty of good food at the buffet...:rolleyes:

I dont think they are trying to necessarily save money but trying to get back the customers they have been losing.

Looking at the menu, there is no need for table clothes, I mean, Denny's doesn't have them, why should the CCL mdr have them? You'll be getting mangos, carrot sticks and potato chips to dip in the sweet and sour sauce, plus you'll still be able to get the wondeful flat iron steak- wow!

If there's no need for table clothes then I guess clothing is optional? I think we should start a new thread about this.

Don't waste your breath. You are surrounded by Carnival "defenders" who in reality will defend any move or "brilliant" improvement Carnival makes. Carnival has found a way (brilliantly I might add) to convince the masses again that they have come up with an incredible improvement to the main dining room experience. This from the same organization that gave us improvements like a spokesperson who never quite shares the most accurate information and the company that brought you FTTF. Oh yes and the line that does not understand the importance to its guests of quality entertainment or worse yet, live music. Funny how no other line has felt it wise to offer their own spokesperson or appreciably downgraded their entertainment product or developed a program that enables anyone to reap many of the loyalty benefits that Carnival's best supporters get. Oh that's right they have to pay $50 a cabin for this. Bottom line is that Carnival has done this as a cost cutting move and the proof will be in the pudding (pardon the pun)

This is a line that must charge less then its competitors to survive. So it is no secret they must continuously reduce costs and this new dining experience will be no exception.

Don't waste your breath. You are surrounded by Carnival "defenders" who in reality will defend any move or "brilliant" improvement Carnival makes. Carnival has found a way (brilliantly I might add) to convince the masses again that they have come up with an incredible improvement to the main dining room experience. This from the same organization that gave us improvements like a spokesperson who never quite shares the most accurate information and the company that brought you FTTF. Oh yes and the line that does not understand the importance to its guests of quality entertainment or worse yet, live music. Funny how no other line has felt it wise to offer their own spokesperson or appreciably downgraded their entertainment product or developed a program that enables anyone to reap many of the loyalty benefits that Carnival's best supporters get. Oh that's right they have to pay $50 a cabin for this. Bottom line is that Carnival has done this as a cost cutting move and the proof will be in the pudding (pardon the pun)

This is a line that must charge less then its competitors to survive. So it is no secret they must continuously reduce costs and this new dining experience will be no exception.

I keep hearing people say "cost cutting, cost cutting, cost cutting". What exactly are they cost cutting?