What else can i do

chester32

Still waiting for refund on deposit paid (1200.00) over 7 weeks now on cancelled voyager cruise ?

have rang the TA countless times same story, trying all they can do?

I rang RCI but they wont say anything because it was booked through a TA

I just don't know what to

We have since made final payment on an another cruise with celebrity, but still trying to get the $1200.00 owing so I can clear it of credit card anybody had this problem before:(

Still waiting for refund on deposit paid (1200.00) over 7 weeks now on cancelled voyager cruise ?

I just don't know what to

We have since made final payment on an another cruise with celebrity, but still trying to get the $1200.00 owing so I can clear it of credit card anybody had this problem before:(

When was the deposit made? Can the credit card company step in and help dispute the actual charge of $1200 ?

Our local paper runs a travel consumer advocate column; the usual advice at this time is no more phone calls.

Everything should now be in writing, even if in an email, with copies to all parties, even to the CEO of the TA and RCI. State what happened and what do you want as your final resolution exactly.

Depending on your credit card protection laws, dispute the charge.

Or as others have mentioned contact a local television station that has a consumer advocate, a little "news" may light some buns and get your money back.

Do you have a consumer advocate for travel problems in Australia??

I would try them & see if they can help

We have Fair trading not sure if than help with this but if it is my last resort I will try them

As we paid via Bpay no joy with credit card company (we transferred money from credit card to pay via Bpay )

Thanks anyway

(

Odd that your TA can't process the refund... "Trying all they can do"?? What exactly is their explanation for the long delay? Even though you booked through a TA, I would call RCI and escalate your billing/refund issue. If you have a serious issue with your booking and the TA is not responding, or not taking care of the issue in a timely manner, etc. then RCI should take action on your behalf. The TA may own the booking, but RCI should be able to do something for you and take responsibility for their agent.

Calling Customer Service, and a rep seeing that you booked with a TA, they may very well quickly dismiss the situation, with the rep telling you they can't touch it. Ask for their supervisor and explain your refund issue to them, or bring it to the attention of the Resolutions department.

Here is contact info:

Guests from Australia can contact us at their local office:

Australia (Sydney Office)

Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

• Tel: 61 (2) 433 15400

• Fax: 61 (2) 432 20326

• Pre-Cruise Inquiries:

fit.au@rcclapac.com

• Post-Cruise Comments

and Questions:

customerservices.au@rcclapac.com

Good luck chester 32, please let us know if you have success.

Odd that your TA can't process the refund... "Trying all they can do"?? What exactly is their explanation for the long delay? Even though you booked through a TA, I would call RCI and escalate your billing/refund issue. If you have a serious issue with your booking and the TA is not responding, or not taking care of the issue in a timely manner, etc. then RCI should take action on your behalf. The TA may own the booking, but RCI should be able to do something for you and take responsibility for their agent.

Calling Customer Service, and a rep seeing that you booked with a TA, they may very well quickly dismiss the situation, with the rep telling you they can't touch it. Ask for their supervisor and explain your refund issue to them, or bring it to the attention of the Resolutions department.

Here is contact info:

Guests from Australia can contact us at their local office:

Australia (Sydney Office)

Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

• Tel: 61 (2) 433 15400

• Fax: 61 (2) 432 20326

• Pre-Cruise Inquiries:

fit.au@rcclapac.com

• Post-Cruise Comments

and Questions:

customerservices.au@rcclapac.com

Good luck chester 32, please let us know if you have success.

Got a call from the TA today I was told there had been a system error with RCI and the refund is now being processed and will take 2 weeks???

That will make a total of 9 weeks waiting needless to say I have had enough

I rang RCI again same thing have to go through TA

I sent an email to RCI president Adam Goldstein 5 days ago no reply

I sent an email to Crown & Anchor 2 weeks ago no reply

tried to ring RCI Miami base same thing talk to your TA

So RCI you can go and get you know what

Never cruise with you again

If I hadn't made final payment on the solstice cruise you know what you could do

Your TA coming back to you saying there was a system error with RCI, after you have been waiting over 7 weeks for your refund, makes me wonder just who had the system error. It can be interpreted a couple of ways; RCI had a system error and didn't tell your TA; or your TA had a system error communicating with RCI.

Whichever way the system error is interpreted your TA wasn't working for you letting the refund issue stagnate for so long. They hold your booking and are there to work for you and be your advocate with the cruise line. That is why RCI couldn't not wouldn't talk to you.

If you have decided not to cruise with RCI again I also hope you have decided to find a new TA who will take better care of you.

Hope everything turns out well for you.

Cheers, h.

Your TA coming back to you saying there was a system error with RCI, after you have been waiting over 7 weeks for your refund, makes me wonder just who had the system error. It can be interpreted a couple of ways; RCI had a system error and didn't tell your TA; or your TA had a system error communicating with RCI.

Whichever way the system error is interpreted your TA wasn't working for you letting the refund issue stagnate for so long. They hold your booking and are there to work for you and be your advocate with the cruise line. That is why RCI couldn't not wouldn't talk to you.

If you have decided not to cruise with RCI again I also hope you have decided to find a new TA who will take better care of you.

Hope everything turns out well for you.

Cheers, h.

Just had email from RCI which basically said sorry for the delay but the problem was on there end and is being rectified and will contact the TA so all I can do is wait

You are right I will not be using this TA again

Well waiting maybe over TA said they have received refund and will credit to my card, yah only took 8 weeks

But what has me intrigued is that last night I sent another email to Mr Goldstein stating that my patience had run out, as at that time I was still waiting and stated that I will be taking the matter to the Ombudsmen.

Well low and behold within 14 hours I received a phone call from RCI saying in regards to my last email that the refund had been deposited to the TA

So RCI can respond to emails quicker than 5 days

So it really does show how much RCI really care about customer service .NOT

At the end of the day refund back, RCI never going back

Just had email from RCI which basically said sorry for the delay but the problem was on there end and is being rectified and will contact the TA so all I can do is wait

You are right I will not be using this TA again

RCI did you wrong, and you're never going to use your TA again(?). I don't get this.:confused:

Edited by Karysa

RCI did you wrong, and you're never going to use your TA again(?). I don't get this.:confused:

There was a thread a few months ago about a TA (in San Diego???) who processed payments via PayPal thus customers lost the protection of their CC company. I presume that BPay (which OP used) is a similar thing.

The TA using PayPal was basically using deposits to fund final payments and having cash-flow problems (I think the US authorities eventually got involved IIRC)

I would smell a big smelly rat if the TA was not taking payment direct by CC.

Having said that, RCI have been having a lot of 'computer glitches' recently as well, so there could be no blame attached to the TA.

There was a thread a few months ago about a TA (in San Diego???) who processed payments via PayPal thus customers lost the protection of their CC company. I presume that BPay (which OP used) is a similar thing.

The TA using PayPal was basically using deposits to fund final payments and having cash-flow problems (I think the US authorities eventually got involved IIRC)

I would smell a big smelly rat if the TA was not taking payment direct by CC.

Having said that, RCI have been having a lot of 'computer glitches' recently as well, so there could be no blame attached to the TA.

In this case the OP reported that RCI finally admitted that the hold-up with the refund was their fault. Seems like the TA should get an apology not dumped IMO at least.

BUT....It took 8 weeks. The TA should have been on RCI enough that it should not have taken nearly that long. TA should be as active in getting the refund as taking the deposit int he first place. EM

Did you read the thread? The OP said that the TA said they kept trying to get RCI to refund the money with no luck. RCI finally came through and took responsibility by saying that the mistake was on their end. I think the TA is taking a beating that they don't deserve. My opinion is that the OP should squarely place the blame on the party that stated that it was their fault that the refund took so long.

Your right It was RCI fault

But without going into a marathon post about my dealings with the TA

but basically I was the one doing the chasing if I left it to the TA I would still be waiting

So it is more about lack of assistance and not just in this matter

Thanks for your replies money is in the bank

Have a merry xmas

Your right It was RCI fault

But without going into a marathon post about my dealings with the TA

but basically I was the one doing the chasing if I left it to the TA I would still be waiting

So it is more about lack of assistance and not just in this matter

Thanks for your replies money is in the bank

Have a merry xmas

I feel really bad for you and your TA. RCI should issue you both an apology and perhaps a deal on a future cruise.