No more "Happy Hour" ?

H&J

On another thread regarding the Dawn, someone was nice enough to list the Daily's from last month. On thing I noticed was that there was no mention of any "Happy Hour" specials. Are the 2 for 1 specials a thing of the past?

Relaxing in the Star Bar with their martini specials was a great way to leisurely approach dinner plus we met a number of nice people that we sometimes had dinner with afterward in the MDR. This was a good way to meet with strangers similar to the fixed seating on other lines without a week long commitment.

On another thread regarding the Dawn, someone was nice enough to list the Daily's from last month. On thing I noticed was that there was no mention of any "Happy Hour" specials. Are the 2 for 1 specials a thing of the past?

Relaxing in the Star Bar with their martini specials was a great way to leisurely approach dinner plus we met a number of nice people that we sometimes had dinner with afterward in the MDR. This was a good way to meet with strangers similar to the fixed seating on other lines without a week long commitment.

I was just on the Dawn a few weeks back, but I honestly didn't pay attention to the drink specials. :o Perhaps the person who posted the thread of Dailys did. Have you tried posting your question in that thread?

My wife and I were also big fans of the 2 for 1 martinis in the star bar. We were disappointed that they did away with it. I wish NCL would do more bar promotions, but it's not up to me.

In the last few years, when we've inquired, we have consistently been told that the directors have tried changing happy hour specials (e.g., 20% martinis) occasionally to see what is most successful. It was up to each ship. I liked that each ship maintained that independence, and it seemed to fit with what we saw on one of those "mighty ship" shows re: meeting alcohol sales goals every sailing and adjusting strategies accordingly.

Hope it hasn't moved to a blanket corporate strategy. Though if they take away all the specials, I wonder if it will drive more people to the UBP?

There was a two hour Happy Hour on the Spirit the other week (there might have been another but we missed it). The bar staff said they did one or two each 9 day sailing. They also had two lots on the 7 day Epic in June. They were both European cruises if that matters.

On the dawn last month they had a special almost every evening in th spinnaker lounge. It was in the free style daily. Certain drinks for $4.95 from 7-9pm. They also had margarita special almost every day at the pool 3-5 pm for $4.95. The funny thing is that the freestyle daily would say one time on one page and another time on the next page. Very confusing but the dialysis were frequently messed up. We were on a 2 week Caribbean cruise and one day our daily told us what not to do in bermuda.