Rough Seas For The Liberty Tonight!

jaxcruiser66

Josh"Big Sexy" Waitzman, the CD on the CCL Liberty wrote this tonight on Facebook....

People think that cruising is all sunshine and smiles.... not so much sometimes! We have hit a bad storm and it feels like the Captain is trying to hit every pothole at sea. Plus, you know you've hit some bad weather when they put the "pukey" bags up in all the guest areas and elevators and all the drunks are walking in a straight line (old CD joke). Yuck! Not fun! In fact, we're rocking so badly tonight and I just needed to cancel the production shows and instead it looks like we're throwing in a Game Show, Jackpot Bingo and my Love & Marriage Show. On a positive note, St. Thomas tomorrow is supposed to be 85 degrees and sunny!! YEAH!! I'm just lucky that I don't get seasick that easily..... Take care, everyone! Wish me luck!

I am so glad we sailed the Western Caribbean last week! The weather was perfect!

Josh"Big Sexy" Waitzman, the CD on the CCL Liberty wrote this tonight on Facebook....

I am so glad we sailed the Western Caribbean last week! The weather was perfect!

The last report from the Liberty indicated 7 meter seas--roughly 23 feet!!! Pretty impressive I'd say!

We were on the Liberty week before last for this same route. Although ours was not as bad as this sounds, it was absolutely the rockiest cruise that I have ever been on. It was my 7th cruise and my in-laws were with us and it was their 28th cruise. They agreed that it was some of the roughest seas that they had been on also. There must be something going on with all of this weather thats been rolling through. Good luck to them. Being seasick is horrible.

We were on the Liberty week before last for this same route. Although ours was not as bad as this sounds, it was absolutely the rockiest cruise that I have ever been on. It was my 7th cruise and my in-laws were with us and it was their 28th cruise. They agreed that it was some of the roughest seas that they had been on also. There must be something going on with all of this weather thats been rolling through. Good luck to them. Being seasick is horrible.

What the heck route is the Liberty currently on that takes her into such rough waters?

I know it can rock different times of year, but it does seem to be part and parcel of winter cruising? Calmest I have ever had were my two Bahamian cruises this yr: last week Feb into Mar and mid April not a ripple... Going first week of May and think it should be good then too. But it does seem to kick it up in winter... (Obviously in summer you get tropical systems but I don't cruise during hurricane season either...)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Edited by TwinPrincessMermaids

I also love rough seas. I want to feel the ship rock and roll. :)

You should have been with us when we rode out Super Storm Sandy....if you love rough seas you would have gotten your fill on that trip...:D

That is one experience I hope to NEVER again repeat.....:o