Would you avoid the Glory because of new menu?

thanna

It's not just about the table cloths. Its about all the cutbacks recently; its about the constant cutbacks for the past couple of years just piling on top of each other.

People are fed up with it. All these cut backs with very little to nothing offered in return. Fares aren't being lowered with CCL whereas other cruise lines are ADDING things for cruisers and keeping their fares the same or even lowering them.

Well said!!!

Yes I would avoid the new menu.

Not just because it's a new menu, but because when anything new is implemented anywhere for anything there are always kinks to be ironed out with the changes, the transition is never smooth, even if the outcome is good.

I do still think of MDR as a fine (er?) dining experience and I would prefer tablecloths please. It sets a standard.

If the new menus is going to be all across the Carnival ships, then I would just go for it. Remember you can really order anything you want if you choose something that wasn't to your liking.

As far as I am aware no one has said this is going main stream, it is still in the trial stages.

Avoid a ship due to the menu?

You gotta be kidding!!

What happens when it goes fleetwide?

Boycott?

When on a cruise ya gotta go with the flow!:D

Yes, boycott could be used or simply moving one's business to a different cruiseline. For many people part of the cruising experience is going to the beautiful dining rooms and spending an evening enjoying their favourite dishes, visiting with family in a "fancy" atmosphere. If your faves are removed and the atmosphere is downgraded, why would you go back for more and book again??

I think everyone has a different experience. I am seeing and hearing things that I DID NOT experience, so it really does vary.

I just got off the Glory on Sunday.

I am currently writing my review of the cruise, including many details of the dining experience. Feel free to drop by and read about what I have to say so far...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1956469

I wouldn't steer clear of Glory because of the new menus. Actually, I wish I would have booked her instead of the Conquest for my January cruise. I would like to see for myself what all the fuss is about and draw my own conclusions. There is zero chance I could go hungry while on a cruise so I would go with an open mind.

BTW, I think I like the look of the tables without tablecloths. I kind of think they can be compared to bedspreads in hotels. They can be yucky especially when not changed in between seatings. And, yes, I have personally witnessed the same table cloths used from the early dinner left on for the late seating on Carnival. In fact, we ate at "our" table for breakfast once, and the same stain that we made on the table cloth (not on purpose, some jelly fell out of the container) at breakfast was on our table for early dinner.

Not the past 2 times on Glory, but on our previous Carnival cruises. We thought that was kind of nasty and were pleasantly surprised when we went on Celebrity and saw them changing them right after we left.

So from a sanitary standpoint, I'm kind of glad to see them go.

As far as I am aware no one has said this is going main stream, it is still in the trial stages.

I may have to eat my words (pun intended)....but I think Carnival saying that this is in the trial stages is only to give them time to tweek the menu's and style of service......

I don't think we will ever see them go back to the old menu's. They may introduce it to new ships on a slower time frame though.

Has anyone explained what table side presentation is? I think it will be interesting to see how all these dishes fit on a 2 top. My sister and I rarely order the same appetizer or sides.....and there isn't much room to spare.

Many people have to have a salt free diet, or are vegan.

What will be done for them.

My wife has to have salt free which will stop us from cruising Carnival.

We are both platinum & will be very sorry not sale Carnival anymore.

Carnival is very short sited.

I may have to eat my words (pun intended)....but I think Carnival saying that this is in the trial stages is only to give them time to tweek the menu's and style of service......

I don't think we will ever see them go back to the old menu's. They may introduce it to new ships on a slower time frame though.

Has anyone explained what table side presentation is? I think it will be interesting to see how all these dishes fit on a 2 top. My sister and I rarely order the same appetizer or sides.....and there isn't much room to spare.

We ate at a 2 top on the Glory the very first night. It did not pose an issue.

Many people have to have a salt free diet, or are vegan.

What will be done for them.

My wife has to have salt free which will stop us from cruising Carnival.

We are both platinum & will be very sorry not sale Carnival anymore.

Carnival is very short sited.

People who eat vegan and salt free often request a special menu, I am sure Carnival still has this option. They won't ignore special diets if they know what's good for them.

We also had a little bit of table side presentation. Tortilla soup was brought to the table with the solids in the bowl. Once everyone that ordered had a bowl, they poured the broth over the chicken and veggies in the bowl.

The fettuccine Alfredo was served on to small appetizer plates. The serving was TINY.

The desert on the first formal night was served from a large cake nearby.