On Stage: Top Cruiser

Orator

Hope that your cold fades quickly. Not every cruise will have a Zenith level cruiser, but when on board they are most likely the top cruisers.iComments from some very frequent cruisers on this thread seem to indicate that the old system of recognition is preferred. Think it would be helpful if Celebrity knew their feelings about the program.

Ha, ha. So do we re the cold, it is an annoying one.

I still question weather Zenith members are usually on Celebrity cruises year round but at the end of the day it's not important.

I know we will see you on the Century in Feb, perhaps we're on another cruise before then.

Wishing you and your family the best of the holiday season and much happiness in the New Year.

K

Music should be the same as in the movie when Marcus Aurelious returned to Rome from battle....trumpets blaring.....embarkation should be required by Zenith prior to other low life's and said ll should be required upon boarding to proceed to the amphitheater with toast in hand to honor His Zenith...

Hail Zenith...Hail Zenith !!:)

But as he rode into Rome in his chariot with the adoring crowd shouting his name, there was a slave standing behind him holding his gold crown of branches over his head and whispering into his hear, "you are but just a man".

Sounds like a few people think this needs to be done to the Zeniths to keep then in their place. But I do like the idea of greeting them with a "Hail Zenith". fun!

My apologies for for the use of award! From now on i'll use certificate. From some of the above post it sounds as though some of the certificates are being presented publicly. Also apologies for the use of the word cheesy! Should've used tacky. As for the last part. My post read at least your award (certificate) was for cruises! Not being the person who charged the most to their sea pass. Weak attempt at humor.

Just feeling for the op and any one else who may feel uncomfortable by any kind of public recognition.

Sorry, I was more than a bit testy in my post responding to yours. I've got to quit reading those threads about how terrible the new program is because somebody didn't get the benefits they hadn't earned yet.

I'll watch my edgy responses a bit more.

Den

On our cruise a couple weeks ago, the top cruiser was honored on stage, just as Orator described. The couple does cruise a lot, since they had 159 cruise points or 4,770 new points. I got a kick out of it, since it was my third cruise in the last 13 months and the same couple was on all 3 of them. They are a nice couple too. They did look embarrassed to be on stage; but it was a nice gesture for them.

riends with someone that had quite a few cruises under her belt. They told me that each cruise she takes she almost immediately runs to the CC hostess once onboard to find out if she is "top cruiser" that cruise. :rolleyes:

Yep, I can believe that. A few cruises ago on Royal we went to a cocktail party for loyal cruisers. (Not sure why, as we seldom attend any of the C&A events but whatever- we ended up there for some reason) They acknowledged the Pinnacle members and some D+ folks. They announced their names and their cruises credits and had them all come up and stand together front and center to receive cheap champagne etc. A few you could tell would just as soon not have been there but some- wow! Very clearly preening their feathers and soaking up all the "adoration." Some were wearing every single C&A pin they've ever received, and did so all week, so they seem to thrive on the attention they perceive they are getting. We know one Pinnacle member personally and this person was very excited to reach that level, knowing she would then be among "the recognized" at such events.

Then why would someone feel that is not a good idea. If someone doesn't want to be recognized than simply say no. If someone doesn't like the idea of it, then they don't need to go to the event where it happens. But why would someone give Celebrity a hard time because it is something they don't like; it is not only about one or two cruisers. I will never understand why some feel that it is only what they want that counts.