What happened to the Le Club Voyage announcement?

Jb-lhr

Hi everyone,

We are very sorry for the delay in the Le Club Voyage email. We had intended to send it out on January 15th, but instead we will be sending it out on January 31st. We know that our communications are not up to our standards, or yours. Again, we are very sorry for the delay.

Thank you again for all your comments and feedback, we do appreciate it.

Thank you,

Signe Bjorndal

Director of Global Marketing

Azamara Club Cruises

Thank you Joel, your update is very helpful

Our experience with mail outs is less than positive (never received several in the past, most recently the info on the Captains Club changes)

Could I suggest you come onto these boards and start a new thread so we quickly can spot it and discover what is planned - maybe you were already planning to do this already

We are very sorry for the delay in the Le Club Voyage email. We had intended to send it out on January 15th, but instead we will be sending it out on January 31st. Signe Bjorndal Director of Global Marketing Azamara Club Cruises

Mr. Bjorndal,

Thanks for posting. :)

Hi everyone,

We are very sorry for the delay in the Le Club Voyage email. We had intended to send it out on January 15th, but instead we will be sending it out on January 31st. We know that our communications are not up to our standards, or yours. Again, we are very sorry for the delay.

Thank you again for all your comments and feedback, we do appreciate it.

Thank you,

Signe Bjorndal

Director of Global Marketing

Azamara Club Cruises

We are on the Quest sailing 29 January 2014 and our documents classify us as Discoverer Plus. What is the significance of that designation on our cruise?

• 2 weeks later...
We are on the Quest sailing 29 January 2014 and our documents classify us as Discoverer Plus. What is the significance of that designation on our cruise?

Probably nothing. Despite implementing the new system for accruiing points, and the implementation of two new levels, the new benefits will not be implemented until the "2nd quarter." Several previous posts by Xport have expressed frustration with this decision. Once on board, I hope you find that your loyalty results in some new benefits but somehow I doubt it. Wishing you a great cruise.

I received the Azamara welcome home, first tier gift parcel a couple of days ago,inside where two royal Caribbean brochures and an invoice for two water bottles .The bottles wheren't there and the cardboard packaging had been taped up by fedex. Why send RCC brochures when I had been on an Azamara cruise and use inadequate packaging. Has any one else had similar from them.I have emailed them but has fallen on deaf ears me thinks

I'm on the last day of a Quest cruise. I was told that the new benefits will not be implemented until April 1.:(

Hi Tgg,

If April 1 proves to be true, that's disappointing news. Thank you for passing along the information, and safe travels home.

I received the Azamara welcome home, first tier gift parcel a couple of days ago,inside where two royal Caribbean brochures and an invoice for two water bottles .The bottles wheren't there and the cardboard packaging had been taped up by fedex. Why send RCC brochures when I had been on an Azamara cruise and use inadequate packaging. Has any one else had similar from them.I have emailed them but has fallen on deaf ears me thinks

We received 2 gifts each before Christmas and the invoice said a 3rd was on back order. Still no brochures or emails despite Le Club Voyage promising action months ago.

Hi Autumn Lass,

I emailed them to ask why we'd not received any thing even though we'd been home since November and they replied very quickly to say they were posting them.I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened it to see nothing but brochures.I have emailed them to say what's happened but not had an answer. I don't know whether to resend the email or just forget it.It was only a cardboard envelope which if it had metal water bottles in it it's no wonder it split.

Can I ask what you received Autumn Lass ?

I emailed them to ask why we'd not received any thing even though we'd been home since November and they replied very quickly to say they were posting them.I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened it to see nothing but brochures.I have emailed them to say what's happened but not had an answer. I don't know whether to resend the email or just forget it.It was only a cardboard envelope which if it had metal water bottles in it it's no wonder it split.

We too have just received water bottles disguised as brochures. Azamazing!

Scotpom

Scotpom did you mean you only got brochures just like us ???

Yes. I'm afraid I was being sarcastic. I have of course emailed them back saying on the whole we would prefer water bottles as their enclosed invoice stated but as yet no reply.

Some update information is on the Azamara pages, but I am assuming it is wrong

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/club-azamara/le-club-voyage/membership-benefits

We certainly had one bag of laundry per person, not per stateroom. These benefits look very similar to what always existed although I do not remember the events restriction only being to longer cruises

Lets hope this is work in progress and not the final answer :)

Looks like the threshold level of 310 points to achieve discoverer status is not a typo as has been suggested. The threshold level to achieve Elite status with Celebrity is 300 points. This means you can be Elite but not Discoverer. How is that going to work?

I am sitting in The Beijing airport enroute to Singapore for a 28 day b2b cruise and can not believe how badly AZ has handled the launch of the new LCV program. BTW, it is the 31st of Jan here and no email in my inbox from AZ! Will check tomorrow when it is jan 31st in Miami.

Some update information is on the Azamara pages, but I am assuming it is wrong

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/club-azamara/le-club-voyage/membership-benefits

We certainly had one bag of laundry per person, not per stateroom. These benefits look very similar to what always existed although I do not remember the events restriction only being to longer cruises

Lets hope this is work in progress and not the final answer :)

On the Quest last month we were told it was one bag of laundry per stateroom, which is why I stuffed that bag tighter than a NYC subway at rush hour. ;)

Looks like yet another 'own goal' by Azamara. This is what they've kept us waiting for?

Just like uktog we have always had the bags of laundry 'per person' not 'per stateroom'. So far I am underwhelmed. Not good. John

On the Quest last month we were told it was one bag of laundry per stateroom, which is why I stuffed that bag tighter than a NYC subway at rush hour. ;)

The laundry perk is one bag per person, not per stateroom. That assumes that both people in the stateroom are at the same level. It has been that way for quite a while.

The laundry perk is one bag per person, not per stateroom. That assumes that both people in the stateroom are at the same level. It has been that way for quite a while.

Perhaps this was the way it used to be but it's not the way it is now. Both my husband and I are Discoverer and it was made clear that our laundry was per stateroom. Not per person. The new loyalty description confirms this as well.

Seems harsh you seem to have had a benefit refused from what was clearly the perk at the time you cruised.

I am awaiting the announcement, but I for one will be really annoyed if this perk has been reduced as we were banking on having two bags on our March trip as I have to leave from the cruise on a business trip for a further three weeks so will have to have everything laundered before I leave.

However, lets see what Azamara Joel has to say.....................today............maybe .....................................

Seems harsh you seem to have had a benefit refused from what was clearly the perk at the time you cruised.

I am awaiting the announcement, but I for one will be really annoyed if this perk has been reduced as we were banking on having two bags on our March trip as I have to leave from the cruise on a business trip for a further three weeks so will have to have everything laundered before I leave.

However, lets see what Azamara Joel has to say.....................today............maybe .....................................

The new Celebrity loyalty program was tweaked after its rollout because of customer feedback. If enough people contact Azamara to express their views on the new Le Club Voyage, perhaps it too will be tweaked. After all, the disclaimer does say "Program is subject to change at any time." Nothing's written in stone (one would hope). Here's old versus new, with changes in bold & italics.

Old Program:

Adventurer: (After 1st sailing) 1 - 4 Credits• Exclusive Le Club hostess available to you through out the voyage

• Le Club Voyage onboard party

Le Club Voyage "Happy Hour," 2 – 3 times per week

Welcome back gift sent to your home after your 1st voyage

• Onboard booking savings for future voyages

89 Minutes Free Internet per Voyage

Bonus sailing credit of 12 nights or more

• Bonus sailing credit for booking a suite

Explorer: 5 - 9 Credits

• Includes all the benefits of the Adventurer level

• A bottle of champagne on arrival, compliments of the Captain

• Upon reaching this level, a welcome back gift will be sent to your home after your voyage

Private and exclusive cocktail party with Senior Officers and staff

One complimentary bag of laundry wash

• 150 Minutes Free Internet per Voyage

Exclusive club specialty coffee and tea tasting

Discoverer: 10+ Credits

• Includes all the benefits of the Adventurer and Explorer levels

• Upon reaching this level, a welcome back gift will be sent to your home after your voyage

Champagne brunch with our Senior Officers

237 Minutes Free Internet per Voyage

Complimentary wine tasting

Savings on select onboard purchases

Earning Begins With Your First Voyage

Earn 1 credit - When booking a voyage of up to 11 nights.

Earn 1 additional credit - When booking a voyage of 12 nights or more.

Earn 1 additional credit - When booking in a Club Suite category.

New Program:

Le Club Voyage Adventurer: up to 149 points

• Exclusive Le Club Voyage hostess at your service throughout your voyage
  • Le Club Voyage onboard party
  • Welcome home gift after your first voyage (shipped to your home)
  • Savings for booking future voyages while onboard
  • 85 minutes free Internet service per voyage
  • 10% savings on Signature Spa Treatments

Le Club Voyage Explorer: 150 – 309 points

• Includes all the benefits of the Adventurer level
  • A bottle of champagne on arrival, compliments of the Captain
  • Welcome to the Explorer-level gift (shipped to your home after the voyage)
  • Private get-together with senior officers and staff (Voyages of 10 days or more. This party may be combined with the Discoverer party due to busy port schedules.)
  • One complimentary bag of laundry (dry cleaning excluded) per week per stateroom
  • Additional free Internet service, for a total of 150 minutes
  • 15% savings on Signature Spa Treatments

Le Club Voyage Discoverer: 310 – 749 points

Le Club Voyage Discoverer Plus: 750 – 2,999 points

Le Club Voyage Discoverer Platinum: 3,000 plus points

• Includes the benefits of the Adventurer and Explorer levels (except private Explorer-member cocktail party with senior officers and staff)
  • Discoverer-member get-together with senior officers (Voyages of 10 days or more. This event may be changed or combined with the Explorer party due to busy port schedules.)
  • Welcome to the Discoverer-level gift (shipped to your home after the voyage)
  • Additional free Internet service, for a total of 235 minutes
  • Complimentary wine tasting on voyages of 10 nights or more
  • 5% savings when spending $1,000 or more in Fine Jewelry, or 10% savings when spending $2,000 or more
  • 20% savings on Signature Spa Treatments

A quick glance at the new program shows that free internet minutes have decreased slightly. Sort of the way ice cream cartons did! Remember when you bought a half gallon of ice cream and it was a true half gallon (2 pints)? Now it's 1.75 pints, although to all intents and purposes, the packaging looks exactly the same and unless you looked you'd never notice you were short a few scoops. :( Internet minutes per loyalty level have gone the same way. What used to be 89 minutes, for example, is now 85.

Laundry, as noted, has also gone from per person to per stateroom, and the wine tasting for Discover now happens only on sailings of ten days or more. I am glad I had the opportunity to experience the wonderful brunch with Officers on the Quest because it looks like it too has gone the way of the wind unless one is on ship ten days or more.

Wow. It looks like the new program was a hack job. As in hack this benefit off, hack that benefit off. As a newcomer I can't miss what I never had but I can understand now why you old hands are not the least bit pleased. You have every right to be.