What happened to the Le Club Voyage announcement?

Jb-lhr

I still believe the link I posted is incomplete and is not the fully updated information as it does not cover the higher levels.

or well I hope it is................

Looking at that page I think the same thing, most notably are the words "Our benefits are described below. But from time to time we will update and add benefits, so keep checking in for updates."

It looks like work in progress, but it's a bit of a hotch potch.

Phil

As someone who has enjoyed the benefits of Discoverer level in the past, I think this is quite a decrease for those voyages of fewer than ten days. I do appreciate the internet and laundry, but am disappointed in the lack of the champagne brunch, for example. It was a treat on our last Az sailing, and I was looking forward to another. Oh well.:(

but am disappointed in the lack of the champagne brunch, for example. It was a treat on our last Az sailing, and I was looking forward to another. QUOTE]

I loved the champagne brunch. It was a perk none of the other lines offer...set them apart.

Edited by Granny DI

I still believe the link I posted is incomplete and is not the fully updated information as it does not cover the higher levels.

or well I hope it is................

Hi Uktog,

I'm thinking the same thing as well. We all know about the woes of Azamara's website, so let's hope the LCV benefits page is a work in progress.

It's very tough to imagine that Discover, Plus, & Platinum ALL have the same benefits. Makes zero sense to me. Let's hope the benefits details & website page will be updated in the near future.

Edited by Host Andy

Has anybody received the promised Jan 31st email? Still has not shown up in my inbox.

It was never said we would get an email but you are right there has been no announcement. I wish they would only say a date if they are sticking to it and not mess with the website until they can do it all properly.

Hi everyone,

We are very sorry for the delay in the Le Club Voyage email. We had intended to send it out on January 15th, but instead we will be sending it out on January 31st. We know that our communications are not up to our standards, or yours. Again, we are very sorry for the delay.

Thank you again for all your comments and feedback, we do appreciate it.

Thank you,

Signe Bjorndal

Director of Global Marketing

Azamara Club Cruises

We were told that we would receive an email by Jan 31st. I too am "weary" and have definitely "managed" my expectations.

We board the Journey tomorrow. It would be great if the on-board staff could provide a briefing of the new program... For better or worse, I would like to know my membership level and the benefits we will receive over the next 28 days.

Perhaps this was the way it used to be but it's not the way it is now. Both my husband and I are Discoverer and it was made clear that our laundry was per stateroom. Not per person. The new loyalty description confirms this as well.

Not only is it the way it used to be, it is the way it is right now. We're just home from 2 weeks on the Quest. We had two laundry coupons. One per person. The loyalty description is a mess.:)

Not only is it the way it used to be, it is the way it is right now. We're just home from 2 weeks on the Quest. We had two laundry coupons. One per person. The loyalty description is a mess.:)
It's one laundry coupon per stateroom per week, so two coupons for two weeks. Edited by marinaro44

It's one laundry coupon per stateroom per week, so two coupons for two weeks.

Does that mean a coupon and a half for a 10 day cruise?;) If there are two unrelated people in a stateroom , do they have to mix their laundry in one bag on a 7 day cruise? Wow, the possibilities are endless.:rolleyes:

It's one laundry coupon per stateroom per week, so two coupons for two weeks.

If it is now, this benefits review has resulted in a REDUCTION over what previously existed on a one week cruise where we had two coupons.

And if the announcements made indicate the website is correct, no recognition beyond discoverer, a small reduction in internet minutes and as we already knew a much lower points earning rate per £/$ spend compared to Celebrity where the recognition includes more laundry etc then wow quite a dumb down

I do not choose my sailing partner for the perks but I would far rather, if all this is correct, have had an upfront announcement that on Azamara benefits were being reduced rather than the coming soon, coming soon bait.

I suggest the azamara spokesperson comes to the hoards and clarified exactly what the perks are ASAP as we are in a land of confusion where there is potential for chaos.

If it is now, this benefits review has resulted in a REDUCTION over what previously existed on a one week cruise where we had two coupons.

And if the announcements made indicate the website is correct, no recognition beyond discoverer, a small reduction in internet minutes and as we already knew a much lower points earning rate per £/$ spend compared to Celebrity where the recognition includes more laundry etc then wow quite a dumb down

I do not choose my sailing partner for the perks but I would far rather, if all this is correct, have had an upfront announcement that on Azamara benefits were being reduced rather than the coming soon, coming soon bait.

I suggest the azamara spokesperson comes to the hoards and clarified exactly what the perks are ASAP as we are in a land of confusion where there is potential for chaos.

I feel your frustration Uktog, and most of us feel the same way. I'm unable to get over the fact that Azamara will be roughly 4 months behind Celebrity in their rollout - that is... if you believe that April 1 will be the rollout date. I suspect they had plenty of time to prepare for the loyalty program updates. This whole affair feels as if someone had an assignment due on Monday morning, and didn't get started on it until the night before.

As most are aware, the website suggests there is no difference in benefits between Discoverer, Plus and Platinum. I simply cannot buy the possibility of such a decision. If that were the case, then I must ask - what's the point of the 2 new levels, and the fanfare... all to offer nothing more ????. If what is currently stated on the website turns out to be accurate, I'd be highly disappointed in management. With that said, I'm not accepting this as a "done deal", at least not yet !

To be clear, my position hasn't changed. I remain *hopeful* the website is inaccurate, as Azamara has had a history of not proofreading before items are published on their site. Maybe it's Miami's fault, maybe it's an advertising, website, or social media agency. No matter whom is responsible, it must be corrected immediately.

Silence can be a scary thing. When you do not hear from trusted sources such as Bill (boy, do I miss him more and more each day... especially at times like this), folks tend to assume the worst case scenario. I'm not blaming any of our dear community members - just making an observation.

So, here we are. The website might be incomplete or inaccurate, Azamara's faithful are unhappy, and in many cases - assuming the worst. Am I wrong for being optimistic, and anticipating it's all a big misunderstanding ? We'll see if my observations prove to be accurate.

Memo to Azamara : Why not visit with us, and advise us of your plans. For better or worse, Please keep us informed, and put an end to the concerns & speculation. I expect far more, from a brand that provides such an outstanding cruise experience.

Edited by Host Andy

I find it strange that cruise lines as multi billion Dollar corporations with a customer dependant business are unable to manage the shoreside customer interface. You have a look at any of the cruise line sections on CC and there will be a thread about poor shoreside customer service and web sites not working!

P&O in the UK went through some torrid times with their web site even sending out internal test emails to their entire customer database, but I have to say Azamara appear to be handling their web site and customer information in an amateurish way at the moment.

We love Azamara and have recomended them to many people who also now also love Azamara, but we get a horrible feeling that within RCCI there is no real commitment to taking the brand forward. We really hope we are wrong and only time will tell, but 6 months to fix a web site:confused:

I feel your frustration Uktog, and most of us feel the same way. I'm unable to get over the fact that Azamara will be roughly 4 months behind Celebrity in their rollout - that is... if you believe that April 1 will be the rollout date. I suspect they had plenty of time to prepare for the loyalty program updates. This whole affair feels as if someone had an assignment due on Monday morning, and didn't get started on it until the night before.

As most are aware, the website suggests there is no difference in benefits between Discoverer, Plus and Platinum. I simply cannot buy the possibility of such a decision. If that were the case, then I must ask - what's the point of the 2 new levels, and the fanfare... all to offer nothing more ????. If what is currently stated on the website turns out to be accurate, I'd be highly disappointed in management. With that said, I'm not accepting this as a "done deal", at least not yet !

To be clear, my position hasn't changed. I remain *hopeful* the website is inaccurate, as Azamara has had a history of not proofreading before items are published on their site. Maybe it's Miami's fault, maybe it's an advertising, website, or social media agency. No matter whom is responsible, it must be corrected immediately.

Silence can be a scary thing. When you do not hear from trusted sources such as Bill (boy, do I miss him more and more each day... especially at times like this), folks tend to assume the worst case scenario. I'm not blaming any of our dear community members - just making an observation.

So, here we are. The website might be incomplete or inaccurate, Azamara's faithful are unhappy, and in many cases - assuming the worst. Am I wrong for being optimistic, and anticipating it's all a big misunderstanding ? We'll see if my observations prove to be accurate.

Memo to Azamara : Why not visit with us, and advise us of your plans. For better or worse, Please keep us informed, and put an end to the concerns & speculation. I expect far more, from a brand that provides such an outstanding cruise experience.

Andy, I do hope that your optimism is correct but with the dismissive disdain expressed to the (then) existing Azamara faithful expressed by Mr Pimentel in his Q&A last year, I am not so optimistic.

Like you, I sadly miss Bill - he would have got an answer for us on this and other issues, but it was a shame that so much of his time was taken up by trying to find out what was truly happening and not being communicated and in sorting out the mess that Head Office create.

It is a real shame to the memory of what Bill was doing for us that the Head Office cock ups and misinformation continue, which so much in contrast to what the wonderful staff on Quest and Journey do for us.

The disaster of this roll out is unbelieavable. If ships staff I.E. waiters or cabin stewards were as inept as these folks are they would be put off the ship at the next port. Hopefully we will hear that Azamara treats their home staff as they would ships staff. Goodbye to the Miami staff. (Hopefully)

On our 7 day cruise last year we had a voucher for only one bag of laundry per cabin. We are Discoverer level and when we asked about the Officers' Champagne Brunch were told that there wouldn't be one ....

We were given the reason that there wasn't enough time during a 7 day cruise and, indeed, when I looked at the "terms and conditions" it stated :-

"All onboard parties and activities will be scheduled by the ships' managements and is at the discretion of ship's itinerary and subsequent activities. "

Although I will miss having the Champagne Brunch I do understand that, on a shorter cruise, there really isn't enough time for everything.

They have to schedule time for the Captain's Welcome, the Cruise Critic get-together, the Club Voyage party, the Farewell party and the Azamazing evening - which doesn't leave many free nights on a 7 day cruise...

Still, I'm disappointed that having just booked our 12th Azamara cruise the loyalty benefits seem to be decreasing ....

Still, I'm disappointed that having just booked our 12th Azamara cruise the loyalty benefits seem to be decreasing ....

I'm puzzled by what it is you feel is "decreasing." You seem to understand why there was no Champagne brunch, so that doesn't sound like an issue. The free laundry bag benefit has always been, to my recollection, one bag per stateroom per week, so on a 7-day cruise that means one bag.

I'm puzzled by what it is you feel is "decreasing." You seem to understand why there was no Champagne brunch, so that doesn't sound like an issue. The free laundry bag benefit has always been, to my recollection, one bag per stateroom per week, so on a 7-day cruise that means one bag.

Well, our internet minutes have decreased (by two minutes) :)

I do understand about the brunch and on that cruise there was, instead, an Explorer Level Senior Officers' Cocktail party to which we were invited .. it wasn't well attended as I think, since the "More Inclusive" policy, guests feel that they have fewer reasons to attend.

I spoke with the Club Voyage hostess on that cruise and she said the loyalty programme was being revamped and new & improved benefits would be coming ....

I only feel that our benefits have decreased as now the only benefits (to us) are the internet & laundry.