Inside room

nickiefriend

We are cruising in March and this will be our first inside room. The first time we had an ocean view, and the last time we had an aft balcony. I have to admit that the aft was nice, but we honestly just did not use it enough to justify the cost.

For those of you that have done all of the above, how were with the inside room?

We have done interior, port hole and balcony. The balcony was our favorite as we used it a lot. Second favorite was the interior as it was very dark at night and good for sleeping. The port hole really didn't do anything for us as it is just not the same looking at the ocean through the glass.

We did a 4day in an IS on the Inspiration. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

For a 'window' we left the lido cam on at night (with no sound) saw the weather and how others were dressed before we went out.

We have done a suite, balcony, ov and inside (spa). Depends on the ship which is my favorite..Dream class defineately the inside spa. Others aft ov. Everytime we have had a balcony we either don't use it much or have had noisy neighbors. So it is our least favorite.

We have sailed on Balconies, OV, and inside. Now that I don't smoke I do not use the balcony enough to justify the added cost. By sailing almost exclusively in insides we are using the money saved to cruise 3 times a years instead of 2. We also like the darkness. Great for afternoon naps!!

Edited by NYcruzzer

I didn't like the aft balcony on Legend as much as I thought I would. Don't think I would do that again. Always love a regular balcony - great place for room service breakfast and sailaway!! Have had a few insides on Inspiration and Ecstasy and they were 3 and 4 night cruises. For longer cruises, I really need at least an Ocean View - but if it was a choice of no cruise or inside cabin, I'd go with inside every time.

We've had all types on several lines and really have no preference.

When we get insides, we use them only to sleep and shower. We're in rooms slightly more if there is a balcony or window, but not a lot more. We like to be a part of the action throughout the ship.

Insides are fine, and think of the money you are saving. :)

We've done mostly oceanview rooms, but have had a balcony before, however our last cruise and our upcoming cruise is an interior room, its great, its cheaper and we don't spend that much time in the room anyway. Just bring a lighted clock so you can tell what time it is~

Inside rooms are fine as you said its to sleep, shower and change and this allows for more cruises and you dont have to hear balcony doors slamming at night to wake you up or people making love loudly in the balcony next door. Having said that Carnival states that its the same sq.ft. as the balcony rooms and that is totally bogus.

I recently sailed on Splendor in an inside. Sailing solo, I saved even more money by taking an inside with an upper/lower. The upper was in the ceiling so it was never in view. I do like having the 2 beds made into a king but without a second bed next to me there was room for a dance floor in the cabin so I had a nice, spacious cabin. There still wasn't a sofa even though one could have been squeezed in. That's the only thing I don't like about the insides, not having a sofa, just a chair. I don't like having to sit on the bed but the insides don't leave you any option. But I make do, especially saving a lot of money. However, my upcoming cruise on the Dream is now offering ov for less than the going rate for an inside. I still paid less than the current rates but for the ones first booking, they are thrilled about this.

Inside rooms are fine. The only thing I do not like about them is that sometimes you lose track of time of day when you are in one. Since there is no natural light coming in thru a window or anything, you can lose track of time and situational awareness real quick. Always bring multiple clocks/watches/alarms with you if you have an interior room. And don't rely on wakeup calls either. They usually are OK but not always.

The size of the cabin is usually decent as well. Someone mentioned they do not have couches in the inside rooms but I never usually even miss them. Not really necessary, especially if you only have two people in the cabin.

Personally, I save so much money booking interiors in most cases that I can afford to cruise three times a year instead of two if I booked say, a balcony or even an oceanview. I have had balcony cabins and I really do not think that it is worth paying all that extra money for one when I can hang out with people on the serenity or lido deck just the same if I want to chill and have a good view of the outside. I also feel like a balcony sometimes is too secluded. I like my privacy but sometimes it is more fun to mingle with others in the regular public areas rather than sit on a private balcony.

Just my opinion though.

Inside rooms are fine. The only thing I do not like about them is that sometimes you lose track of time of day when you are in one. Since there is no natural light coming in thru a window or anything, you can lose track of time and situational awareness real quick. Always bring multiple clocks/watches/alarms with you if you have an interior room. And don't rely on wakeup calls either. They usually are OK but not always.

As someone else already pointed out, just use the tv. The bow camera channel will give provide daylight. I leave it on all night. No problem with losing track of the time of day. Also, don't know why anyone would need multiple clocks. I leave my cell phone on my nightstand and get the time. It also has an alarm clock. But I've never had trouble with the wake-up call. Only thing I don't like is that the phone is not next to the bed and I don't want to have to get out of bed to answer when I'm woken up. I just let it ring and it eventually stops.

As someone else already pointed out, just use the tv. The bow camera channel will give provide daylight. I leave it on all night. No problem with losing track of the time of day. Also, don't know why anyone would need multiple clocks. I leave my cell phone on my nightstand and get the time. It also has an alarm clock. But I've never had trouble with the wake-up call. Only thing I don't like is that the phone is not next to the bed and I don't want to have to get out of bed to answer when I'm woken up. I just let it ring and it eventually stops.

It does but it is not the same as having a window where you can look out and see outside the ship or tell what time it is by the amount of light coming into the cabin. I know there are a couple different channels on the room tv's that tell you time, current wx conditions, speed, etc in addition to the bow camera. It is not anything that would prevent me from booking an interior though, but it is one downside. I shut my phone down while at sea so there is no chance of me incurring any additional charges from roaming, data usage, etc. Sometimes alarm clocks malfunction also. I will often wear my watch when I sleep so I can check the time without even having to get out from under the covers. lol The wakeup calls can be annoying, as sometimes even after you answer the call, it rings again and again for a few minutes until you have to simply take the phone off the hook to make it stop. That happened to me on a recent cruise.