What class of ship?

familycruzr

I've only been on two. Splendor and Inspiration.

I preferred the Inspiration (Fantasy Class Ship) because of where the Serenity deck is located. I LOVED sitting out there it was great, out of the way and rarely ever crowded...

Can someone please tell me where to find a description of the different classes of the Carnival ships. I see this referred to all the time but I can not find anything on the Carnival website that shows me the differences. HELP. Please point me to the site with the explanation of the differences. I've been wondering this for a few months... now it seems like this is the perfect thread to ask this question. :-)

Can someone please tell me where to find a description of the different classes of the Carnival ships. I see this referred to all the time but I can not find anything on the Carnival website that shows me the differences. HELP. Please point me to the site with the explanation of the differences. I've been wondering this for a few months... now it seems like this is the perfect thread to ask this question. :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival_Cruise_Lines

Wait, am I missing it? I still don't see the differences among the classes of the ships...I want to know why I should choose one over another. What makes one "class" better than the others? I'm still pretty confused.

Spirit class (miracle, pride) have more open layouts. The dining rooms are in the back and entertainment is forward, with nothing to block them on each deck. They are also fairly long ships.

Fantasy ships (Inspiration,Imagination, Paradise) are shorter ships, but the decks are blocked by the galley for the mid ship and aft dining rooms. You need to go through the lido or empress decks to get forward to aft

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1391904000,-8,ca_carnival,first%20Miracle%20cruise%20

Wait, am I missing it? I still don't see the differences among the classes of the ships...I want to know why I should choose one over another. What makes one "class" better than the others? I'm still pretty confused.

The Fantasy class is older and smaller. Next came the Destiny class which included the Triumph and Victory. They then changed the Destiny to be a class by itself because it had one less deck and the Triumph and Victory where then classed as the Triumph class.

The next class was the Spirit Class. She is narrower so that she can pass through the Panama Canal.

Then came the Conquest Class. She is longer than the Triumph Class and holds more people. She also has two buffet areas making it easier to use the buffet.

Next came the Dream Class. She is a lot bigger than the Conquest Class and has more bells and whistles. The Breeze and Magic fall into the Dream Class and more bells and whitles were added to the last two.

The Destiny was taken into drydock and completely re-done. She came out as the Sunshine and is in a class by herself.

Currently under construction is the Vista which is in another class. Not much has been announced as to what she will be like.

The Fantasy class is older and smaller. Next came the Destiny class which included the Triumph and Victory. They then changed the Destiny to be a class by itself because it had one less deck and the Triumph and Victory where then classed as the Triumph class.

The next class was the Spirit Class. She is narrower so that she can pass through the Panama Canal.

Then came the Conquest Class. She is longer than the Triumph Class and holds more people. She also has two buffet areas making it easier to use the buffet.

Next came the Dream Class. She is a lot bigger than the Conquest Class and has more bells and whistles. The Breeze and Magic fall into the Dream Class and more bells and whitles were added to the last two.

The Destiny was taken into drydock and completely re-done. She came out as the Sunshine and is in a class by herself.

Currently under construction is the Vista which is in another class. Not much has been announced as to what she will be like.

Don't forget the Splendor aka Concordia class!

What is your favorite class of ship on Carnival and why?

Spirit Class - Miracle, Legend, Pride & Spirit.

We've been on Miracle twice and Legend once. Since there is no mid dining room, it's so easy to navigate straight through on all floors.

Thank you for spelling that out for me. That helps a lot. It's still confusing but I have a much better understanding than I started with. WHEW! I'm interested in following this thread as it continues to see the opinions of others. I hope to get a better idea of what each ship has to offer. I was very satisfied with on our trip on The Sunshine. I'm afraid she spoiled me and I'm scared to branch out and try something new. LOL