Sanctuary - Visitors

sea_u_onboard

I would let the stewards know. At the very least if he needs to reach you he can signal to one of them and they will get you.

Thank you for the responses. Just want him to be able to check in. He's 23 but autistic. He does well on his own and likes to do his own thing, so he isn't going to want to hang out in the Sanctuary with his mom but I still make him check in.

If he's brief and whispers. It's a "sanctuary."

On my last cruise there was a guy that had his computer plugged in with a really long extension cord. He was playing music without earphones. He had the sound blaring and was playing Southern Rock. This went on for a really long time. The Princess staff did nothing about it. Finally someone asked the staff to please make him turn it off.

On my last cruise there was a guy that had his computer plugged in with a really long extension cord. He was playing music without earphones. He had the sound blaring and was playing Southern Rock. This went on for a really long time. The Princess staff did nothing about it. Finally someone asked the staff to please make him turn it off.

It really baffles the mind that someone would think this is ok anywhere on the ship except in the privacy of their own cabin.

In general, the staff won't do something unless another passenger complains. They are too concerned with not offending someone. Once another passenger says something, they can say 'we've had complaints...'

In general, the staff won't do something unless another passenger complains. They are too concerned with not offending someone. Once another passenger says something, they can say 'we've had complaints...'

I could see that in the regular public areas of the ship but I was surprised that this was the case in the Sanctuary. When you pay to have access in a quiet area of the ship, you shouldn't have to complain, they should just take care of the issue.

Thank you for the responses. Just want him to be able to check in. He's 23 but autistic. He does well on his own and likes to do his own thing, so he isn't going to want to hang out in the Sanctuary with his mom but I still make him check in.

Thanks for posting this question, I have one of those too and I definitely need for him to be able to let me know where he's going. It never occurred to me that he might not be able to walk into the Sanctuary to find me!!

He doesn't mind hanging out with mom and dad, WE want to encourage some independence and planning to him.

Wish you guys were going to be on the Royal in March !

Thanks for posting this question, I have one of those too and I definitely need for him to be able to let me know where he's going. It never occurred to me that he might not be able to walk into the Sanctuary to find me!!

He doesn't mind hanging out with mom and dad, WE want to encourage some independence and planning to him.

Wish you guys were going to be on the Royal in March !

Surprisingly he does very well. The only thing that makes me nervous is he loves the ladies. Afraid he's going to get himself in trouble with a boyfriend :eek:.

I do warn him that he needs to be a gentleman and that takes care of it for the most part. He doesn't do anything "bad" but he's a hugger and woman don't like men they don't know well hugging them. I tell him he can only hug friends, which works out for the most part. It's just that he thinks once he's met someone once they are his friend. Everyone has been understanding up to this point but you never know what might happen with a jealous boyfriend or one that's been drinking.

It's pretty obvious that he is "different" so most don't mind but you just never know.

Edited by sea_u_onboard

Surprisingly he does very well. The only thing that makes me nervous is he loves the ladies. Afraid he's going to get himself in trouble with a boyfriend :eek:.

I do warn him that he needs to be a gentleman and that takes care of it for the most part. He doesn't do anything "bad" but he's a hugger and woman don't like men they don't know well hugging them. I tell him he can only hug friends, which works out for the most part. It's just that he thinks once he's met someone once they are his friend. Everyone has been understanding up to this point but you never know what might happen with a jealous boyfriend or one that's been drinking.

It's pretty obvious that he is "different" so most don't mind but you just never know.

Alex is the opposite, not a hugger except for me and that is only done in private and rarely. Many of Alex's friends have been girls because they feel safe with him. Several have had their hearts a bit broken. I worry that some guy will mistake him for gay and make a pass. That might be a tragic mistake for them to make as his first reaction will be to involve security. He's got aspergers so he is high functioning and will seek immediate help from a Princess employee.

He did have a girlfriend from church for several months but she was very emotionally needy and Alex just couldn't be there for her 24/7. They are still friends.

Just keep going over ground rules with him. Autism loves rules to follow, it's a "safety net" for them when faced with different situations.

Just tell the stewards. They will not only allow this to happen but will likely watch out for your son and be sure to direct him to your location. Princess staff is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo great!