Independence - bits 'n' pieces - Dec 29 2013 - Jan 12 2014

Merion_Mom

Observation: this was a very international passenger load. Yet very few announcements were made in Spanish. Not in the theatre, not in Studio B.

We experienced the very same thing. It surprised us, we figured we would hear almost all announcements in various languages but only during the muster drill did we hear others spoken.

Tim

Food comments:

These are NOT complaints. I repeat, these are NOT complaints. They are my observations.

Windjammer was fine. Noticeably fewer choices on embarkation day. I double-checked this today.

Bread in the MDR: Indy makes a big deal of this. It is The Procession of the Breads, to the tune of Hot, Hot, Hot

Fewer choices. No muffins ever. Same bread every day.

In five nights, only offered fresh ground pepper once. ;)

Waiter Monique very good and efficient. Asst waiter Ryan not too good with the water refills.

Food was very good. Too many desserts still rely on gelatin. Chocolate soufflé lacks any chocolate flavor.

I love the artichoke crepes.

Lobster was offered twice- both formal nights. Kids pronounced it delicious.

We had a mix up with our seating arrangement but it was fixed immediately.

I do not like any of their salad dressings and always ask for oil and vinegar and apply it myself.

Hors d'oeuvres in DL were more varied and abundant in the past BUT.....

It has gone from cheese with Carr's wafers to saltines to nothing.

David ate made-to-order egg white omelettes every day and liked them except for the waiting.

Evan is a vegetarian and had no problem eating well.

On Serenade the procession of the breads was to the movie theme tune of Superman.:(

Cabin number? I'll check on them.

THEY MADE IT!! BFF texted me they were whisked off to the muster drill the second they stepped on the ship, so they couldn't text her they made it until after. So, they must have boarded at 5PM, and we got the message at 5:20.

Thanks so much for offering, Carol. My friend appreciates it, too.

Have fun on this leg! :D

THEY MADE IT!! BFF texted me they were whisked off to the muster drill the second they stepped on the ship, so they couldn't text her they made it until after. So, they must have boarded at 5PM, and we got the message at 5:20.

Yay!! That is good news :)

Wonderful news, Peggy! :D:D

Wonderful news, Peggy! :D:D

Thanks, Patti and ADPMOM. I told my friend it takes a village to get the two of them on that ship!

On-topic: we went on the Indy for our family cruise and everyone loved it. I loved that 8 night itinerary.

This is for some specific people - they know who they are. ;)

Would you go to the show to see an "Action Comedian"?

Would you know what that is?

Well folks, it was a JUGGLER.

:rolleyes:

:eek: I would have called it "ACK!!! - shun," as I was walking out the door. :eek: ;)

Edited by ladylawyer

This is for some specific people - they know who they are. ;)

Would you go to the show to see an "Action Comedian"?

Would you know what that is?

Well folks, it was a JUGGLER.

:rolleyes:

ACK!! That is what I refer to as a "visual hairball".

I didn't know you both had juggler phobias. :D There was a very nice story on here earlier in the week, about a young man that saw a juggler act at age 9 on Adventure, and at 19 he was recently featured on "America's Got Talent" or some such thing and hopes to perform professionally. It was a nice story. :):D

I didn't know you both had juggler phobias. :D There was a very nice story on here earlier in the week, about a young man that saw a juggler act at age 9 on Adventure, and at 19 he was recently featured on "America's Got Talent" or some such thing and hopes to perform professionally. It was a nice story. :):D

It's not exactly a phobia for me: I just get really nervous watching. I don't want the juggler to mess up and be embarrassed.

I also had a hard time the first several minutes of watching "O", but I got over that REALLY fast!! Amazing!

It's not exactly a phobia for me: I just get really nervous watching. I don't want the juggler to mess up and be embarrassed.

I also had a hard time the first several minutes of watching "O", but I got over that REALLY fast!! Amazing!

Oh yes. I forgot about that. I do actually have a Cirque aversion. :o

Oh yes. I forgot about that. I do actually have a Cirque aversion. :o

HA. I saw it with my friend who's daughter is the one that barely made the Indy today, and she couldn't talk for a while afterward we got finished watching "O". It wound her up pretty tight. :D

Thanks Merion_Mom for your live posts! Sailing on Indy in March, so I'm getting excited.

I have read that the Logo shop doesn't have much merchandise. Do you know offhand if they are selling the Independence model ship? (The one that ranges between $30-$40)

Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your cruise!

I am sure that they walked right by me. My muster station is right at the point of entry.

:)

Thanks Merion_Mom for your live posts! Sailing on Indy in March, so I'm getting excited.

I have read that the Logo shop doesn't have much merchandise. Do you know offhand if they are selling the Independence model ship? (The one that ranges between $30-$40)

Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your cruise!

I definitely saw those on a table in front of the shop on the Promenade on the last day. (i.e., Friday)

:)

Merion_Mom is officially ticked off.

No M 'n' M invitation in the cabin. And according to the website, on the Independence, they hold it one of two places, at OPPOSITE ends of the ship. I assume that the invitation would have cleared that up.

eeny, meeny, miney, moe................

:(

Oh, and no champagne (D+ amenity) in cabin.

And the bed, which I asked to have made up as one, is just two beds shoved together. Yes, yes, I know that that is what they ARE, but they shouldn't look and act like they have no relation to one another. It looks like they could just separate at any moment. :eek:

Hi mm! I didn't realize you were doing a b2b after the nye cruise; are you solo on this leg?

Glad you weren't too injured in those falls (ouch)... sounds like you and the kids had some fun outings. I'm enjoying your detailed observations.

Looking forward to our explorer cruise coming up. Enjoy!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Good morning MM. Hopefully no falls this time.

Wondering if you have a balcony and how the no smoking on the balconies is going.

The new policy was NOT mentioned in the Muster Drill/Guest Conduct Policy speech. (unless I nodded off ;))

No balcony for me. :( I am in The Aquarium.

Hi mm! I didn't realize you were doing a b2b after the nye cruise; are you solo on this leg?

Glad you weren't too injured in those falls (ouch)... sounds like you and the kids had some fun outings. I'm enjoying your detailed observations.

Looking forward to our explorer cruise coming up. Enjoy!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Yes, on my own. The kids had to go back to work! ha ha ha ha ha ha

Printed material in Cruise Compass still say that you can smoke on your balcony.

It says that 15% is added to spa treatments. (it's 18%)

The ice show this week, Strings, is FANTASTIC. I went to see it twice, so that I could take pictures the second time.

I am guessing that Independence has two ice shows because it does long (up to 14 days) in Europe.

The pain from my earlier falls has been increasing, so yesterday, I went to the medical center. They were very caring and thorough, even taking x-rays. There is a complete surgical suite down there!

Of course, it's just a muscle tear or strain, so there was nothing on the x-ray. Doctor gave me a muscle relaxant (robaflaxin?????). I'm not much for pills, but I took two yesterday and none so far today. I don't feel any difference. Sort of limping, and must avoid stairs.

But I'll live. Definitely non-fatal. :D

A few dozen souls joined the ship yesterday in St. Martin. They had been unable to get to Fort Lauderdale in time.

And yesterday, after everyone was accounted for, my friends in Guest Services upgraded me to an aft JS.

:D :D :D

A few dozen souls joined the ship yesterday in St. Martin. They had been unable to get to Fort Lauderdale in time.

And yesterday, after everyone was accounted for, my friends in Guest Services upgraded me to an aft JS.

:D :D :D

WHOO-HOO!!!!

I was thinking of you in the aquarium... blub blub blub...

SO SORRY about pain from the falls! OUCH!!! Take it easy... how's your arm doing, too??

ENJOY!!! : )

xoxoxo