Southwest Airlines and luggage valet

kdpatte

So...........if I do the luggage valet, are we still eligible to do the "self-assist" early walk off the ship? That would be really helpful if we didn't have to drag that luggage! We have a "just before noon" flight so we would like to be the first to walk off the ship. Any info on that?

So...........if I do the luggage valet, are we still eligible to do the "self-assist" early walk off the ship? That would be really helpful if we didn't have to drag that luggage! We have a "just before noon" flight so we would like to be the first to walk off the ship. Any info on that?

What Ship/Port???

we will be on Indy out of Fort Lauderdale in a few weeks.......Also, since my flight is 11:50 am will I be able to do the luggage valet? I think I read somewhere that it is only for flights after noon.??

Haven't sailed Indy but our Oasis and Allure were restricted to flights after 11:30 am.

Last time I checked it was 12:30pm. However, it may have changed and they can tell you at Guest Services.

Luggage valet at Port Canaveral, is for any flight after 12 noon, we just used it for a southwest flight, leaving MCO at 12:35P.

:cool::p

We have a 12:14 flight. We have just enough luggage that a towncar/sedan won't work (well, we fit it all into our own Grand Marquis which is just about the same as a towncar, but the companies seem to think it won't fit!). So if it's noon and we can use LV then we can book a smaller vehicle. If it's 12:30 and we cannot, we have to book the limo-type service.

Does anyone know for sure which time it is? Freedom, PC, participating airline...

ETA: we could wait and ask at Guest Services, but I think I need to have something reserved before that time. :)

Edited by mollyeilis

• 1 month later...
Ok, random question.

I am flying home with my kids from FLL, the wife is flying to a business conference in a different city (and airline)

We are all in the same cabin, can we still do luggage valet?

Yes, you can get two different forms to fill out, one for you and the kids and one for your wife. Just make sure that her airline is one that supports Luggage Valet. Also, there are restrictions about changing planes and then flying out of the country. As long as her destination is one that fits all the parameters, you can definitely do it. Cost is $20 per person. Cruise must be longer than four days!

Yes, you can get two different forms to fill out, one for you and the kids and one for your wife. Just make sure that her airline is one that supports Luggage Valet. Also, there are restrictions about changing planes and then flying out of the country. As long as her destination is one that fits all the parameters, you can definitely do it. Cost is $20 per person. Cruise must be longer than four days!

Cool, thanks! We are both flying Southwest and not leaving the country. Sounds like a good deal.

I am a little confused here with the conflicting reports. Does the ship's personnel check you in 24 hours ahead of time or do you still need to pay for internet time and do it yourself or wait until you get to the airport and you're stuck in the back of group C?

Here are our experiences with luggage valet and SWA:

Scenario 1: First time to use Luggage Valet and SWA, we waited for our SWA luggage tags and boarding passes to appear in our cabin. We were not assigned in the "A" boarding group. Our experience is that the cruiseline check in is probably beyond the 24 hour window. Translates not getting into the "A" group.

Scenario 2: Next time we signed up to use Luggage Valet and SWA, we used a computer on board and went ahead and checked in online. We did go ahead and print our boarding passes just to have. Once we received our SWA boarding passes as part of the Luggage Valet program, they matched what we had. Any time we've used Luggage Valet since, we go ahead and check in 24 hours ahead online.

We also always have a connecting flight and plane change which means we have two boarding passes. Our connecting flight is typically out of Houston and those assignments fill up quickly.

To avoid Internet fees, we use the coupon included as Crown and Anchor members. We make sure we save time to do online check in.

Not sure if your C&A level includes Internet time. You could pay for one of you to do Early Bird check in and then save a seat on the plane. That way you know one will be boarding early in the boarding process.

Hope this makes things clearer.

Edited by denamo

Not sure if your C&A level includes Internet time. You could pay for one of you to do Early Bird check in and then save a seat on the plane. That way you know one will be boarding early in the boarding process.

Hope this makes things clearer.

Thank you very much for the crystal clear scenarios. Not having to deal with shlepping 4 bags because of our first time doing a B2B will make the end of the cruise that much easier. I guess I will sign up for the early bird as well to make sure that we'll be sitting together. It does irritate me though that you can't use funds in your account to pay for the early bird. But an extra 12.50 is a drop in the bucket considering the coinage I'm dropping on this vacation.;)

Used luggage valet for the first time. It was great and will definitely use it again when I can. Since we needed help with boarding to meet accessible travel needs there was no issue with boarding letters. We did have a print out of our SWA free luggage arrangements just in case any issue arose. Originally our trip home was to be on Air-Tran and proof might have been helpful if any questions came up. Our travel packet came timely and was correct. Luggage pick up the night before we left the ship was the usual just with special tags for the valet program. Not schlepping all those bags was a godsend and well worth the extra cost.

Scenario 1: First time to use Luggage Valet and SWA, we waited for our SWA luggage tags and boarding passes to appear in our cabin. We were not assigned in the "A" boarding group. Our experience is that the cruiseline check in is probably beyond the 24 hour window. Translates not getting into the "A" group.

There is no guarantee you will get an A boarding pass even if you check in exactly 24 hours out.