Quick Question: Bringing Wine On Board

curtdesilets

Just curious if anyone has had problem bringing on a couple boxes of wine. I know that is more wine than allowed, but really is a convient size, and a lot easier to carry in checked airline luggage.

Sent from my Slider SL101 using Tapatalk

We carried on two cases of wine on a Hal cruise last year, but they allowed that (cabin consumption, plus $18 corkage in MDR). I suspect that Celebrity will confiscate and return to you at the end of the cruise (minus the two bottles you are allowed).

BC

we went thru the security line separately and took on 4 bottles of wine without a problem. No one said a word. Of course we also bought 3 bottles of wine on board too. Not sure if that made a difference.??

Just curious if anyone has had problem bringing on a couple boxes of wine. I know that is more wine than allowed, but really is a convient size, and a lot easier to carry in checked airline luggage.

Sent from my Slider SL101 using Tapatalk

A member of our party did the same. She said it was easy to fit in the suitcase and fit in nicely in the refrigerator. I would suggest putting only one in each suitcase.

we went thru the security line separately and took on 4 bottles of wine without a problem. No one said a word. Of course we also bought 3 bottles of wine on board too. Not sure if that made a difference.??

We always take 2 bottles per person and go thru security separately. Never had a problem.

When we are doing European cruises, we bring wine on board from ports and they let us keep it.

• 3 weeks later...
of the 750ml size

Steve

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

Bummer!

I was going to bring two of those giant 5 gallon Champagne bottles you often see for promotional things. Guess not. :eek:

Okay, 2 bottles of 750ml. We have so much wine in our house, I feel it's a bit much to buy more on board. Might as well bring a couple bottles. Thanks all for your responses!!

What does this mean please? Never cruised before and am completely unfamiliar with the security procedure. Thanks

I think what is meant is when you go through security, you bring 2 bottles of wine in your carry on and your companion would do the same. Not sure if it helps to allow some separation between the two of you or not.

I know it states only a 750ml bottle, but we did manage to bring on a 1L bottle through security once. Guess depends if they want to make an issue over 250ml.

On our first celebrity cruise, we brought some and packed it in our suitcase. Our luggage never arrived and when we called, we had to go to the 'naughty room' so we could open and show them it was wine only. So, make sure you do the carry on.

The best reason for carrying wine is that if they object to what you have, you'll know immediately and your bags will arrive at your stateroom with no problem. In re the box wine I was called to account for contraband (a can of Lysol) and the guy behind me was relieved of his box wine. He feigned ignorance but it did him no good. It really boils down to the luck of the draw.

What does this mean please? Never cruised before and am completely unfamiliar with the security procedure. Thanks

Print off 2 copies of your Express Passes (Celebrity's boarding passes you complete on-line & Print yourself) then as you enter the terminal building go through the first pre-screening line-ups with some separation between you. Lots of couples arrive at different times with one being dropped off early while the other parks car, returns rental car, etc. Once you are both through the scanning area you can proceed together to the next set of queues for checking in with Celebrity.

It doesn't make much sense to me that you can take 2 bottles per stateroom for a 7 day cruise, but not 4 bottles per stateroom for a 14 day cruise. We love enjoying a glass of wine on our balcony during sail-away and taking a glass down to dinner.

Happy cruising!

Edited by Swann5

We carried on two cases of wine on a Hal cruise last year, but they allowed that (cabin consumption, plus $18 corkage in MDR). I suspect that Celebrity will confiscate and return to you at the end of the cruise (minus the two bottles you are allowed).

BC

It may or may not be returned to you.

Print off 2 copies of your Express Passes (Celebrity's boarding passes you complete on-line & Print yourself) then as you enter the terminal building go through the first pre-screening line-ups with some separation between you. Lots of couples arrive at different times with one being dropped off early while the other parks car, returns rental car, etc. Once you are both through the scanning area you can proceed together to the next set of queues for checking in with Celebrity.

It doesn't make much sense to me that you can take 2 bottles per stateroom for a 7 day cruise, but not 4 bottles per stateroom for a 14 day cruise. We love enjoying a glass of wine on our balcony during sail-away and taking a glass down to dinner.

Happy cruising!

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you. Can always count on my neighbours to the west!

Just curious if anyone has had problem bringing on a couple boxes of wine. ...

....I know it states only a 750ml bottle, but we did manage to bring on a 1L bottle through security once. Guess depends if they want to make an issue over 250ml.....

How lucky do you feel?

From reading lots of posts over the years on these boards I'd say that the majority of the reports indicate that they did not have issues with larger bottles or boxes of wine. However there are definitely reports where boxes, or large bottles, were confiscated and not allowed.

Bottom line is that you have to accept that a large bottle or box might be confiscated. It depends on how thoroughly security is screening and the screener's interpretation of the rules. I definitely wouldn't try it with a large bottle of expensive wine. If you want to be absolutely sure you'll be able to take your wine on board then stick with a max of 2 bottles of 750ml or less each.

I'm sure that didn't matter. How could they have possibly known in advance what you were going to purchase later on board?

We always take 2 bottles per person and go thru security separately. Never had a problem.

Great....people advertising how they skirt the rules. :rolleyes:

If in the future Celebrity revokes the privilege of bringing 2 bottles/stateroom onboard, you can probably assume that this will be a contributing factor.