Curacao , Grand Turk and Aruba

elainmir

Ok it's been two years since I've cruised..this one is for our 15th anniversary and we are going in June since I teach and school has already started in August when our really anniversary rolls around. So we are going early :) But I've read nothing but bad reviews many say there isn't a lot to do on these Islands..we have beautiful beaches at home I just wanted to see local culture and historical type things..lighthouses,etc...what do you guys think? Thanks in advance for the help

We did that itinerary last year. Rent a golf cart on Grand Turk and drive yourself around. Very small island and easy to do on your own. Curacao and Aruba I'd recommend hiring a driver for the day. We did tours on both islands and while there is a lot to see, we were on everyone elses schedule. We would have enjoyed both islands much more if we had been able to explore our own interests at our own pace.

In Curacao we walked off the cruise ship and found Irie Tours. For $20 pp we went all over the island, stopped at the Blue Curacao factory, saw some incredible views, and ended at Seaquarium Beach. The tour was about 3 hours and then we hung out in the Rif Fort area with some friend we met onboard.

In Aruba we did the North Coast Jeep Safari through the ship. I'm not normally into ship excursions, but this tour was probably the best tour I have ever taken. We saw all the highlights of Aruba and stopped at Arashi beach for a swim. That beach is paradise.

Whoever is writing these bad reviews must be crazy. Of all the places we've been, these two islands are our favorites. In fact, we love them so much we are planning to return this summer!

Whoever is writing these bad reviews must be crazy. Of all the places we've been, these two islands are our favorites. In fact, we love them so much we are planning to return this summer!

^^^ This is what we love to hear!!

I love both islands as they are so different, but so much to do and see on each. I came back yesterday from a short vacation on Aruba and want to go again asap. The choices of beaches are almost endless of there!

Lots to do on curacao - something for everyone

West End - great wilderness, remote beaches, superb views, crashing waves

East End - more built up but again good beaches , Aloe Vera farm, liquer factory, Ostrich Farm,

Town - World heritage site - you can download great walks around the area - or pick up local yellow (free) brochure on arrival - this can take several hrs if you are into architecture and history

Ok it's been two years since I've cruised..this one is for our 15th anniversary and we are going in June since I teach and school has already started in August when our really anniversary rolls around. So we are going early :) But I've read nothing but bad reviews many say there isn't a lot to do on these Islands..we have beautiful beaches at home I just wanted to see local culture and historical type things..lighthouses,etc...what do you guys think? Thanks in advance for the help

Hey my wife and I are doing this cruise too! Are you going June 22nd?

Grand Turk is a very small island. You can rent a golf cart and tour the island yourself if you want. There is a nice light-house there.

On Grand Turk are you able to rent snorkeling gear if you rent a golf cart? Also how much are the golf carts to rent?

I am shocked that you have read bad reviews, these three Islands are some of our favourites, I would stop reading reviews on other sites and stick to Cruise Critics :p

On Grand Turk are you able to rent snorkeling gear if you rent a golf cart? Also how much are the golf carts to rent?

Hello fellow Minnesotans. I was born and raised in Newport. Moved to Michigan many years ago.

We are cruising next Jan 15, going to Grand Turk, Curacao, and Aruba.

Post when you return as we're also interested in renting a golf cart in Grand Turk.

Curacao we might do Irie tours and in Aruba-my 50th B-Day, still undecided.:p

Have Fun, Fun, Fun.

PS. Welcome to Cruise Critic.

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone! We are going on the Liberty August 9th and we are so excited for all 3 ports. We have been to Grand Turk and that will be our beach day so we are open for suggestions of things to do in Aruba and Curaçao.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We just got back from our cruise yesterday and went to both Aruba and Curaçao. We had a great time on both islands.

Aruba we had a long day in port (8 am - 10 pm). In the morning we did Jolly pirates snorkeling. We then went back to the ship and had lunch and rested for a little bit. We then headed out and grabbed a 2 hour private tour. There are lots of people offering these tours right when you leave the ship. We had a really nice lady that showed us the highlights of the island.

In Curaçao we did the full day tour with Curaçao Actief. I can't say enough good things about this tour. We had a great day with Howard (try to get him if you can). He is so knowledgeable about the island. We really saw so many things and ended the day with some spectacular snorkeling at Playa Lagun. The only word of warning is that you ride in the back of a truck with a canopy over it. It is just a bit of a rough ride but not that bad. Just want people to be aware that your not in an air conditioned van or anything.

In Curacao we walked off the cruise ship and found Irie Tours. For $20 pp we went all over the island, stopped at the Blue Curacao factory, saw some incredible views, and ended at Seaquarium Beach. The tour was about 3 hours and then we hung out in the Rif Fort area with some friend we met onboard.

In Aruba we did the North Coast Jeep Safari through the ship. I'm not normally into ship excursions, but this tour was probably the best tour I have ever taken. We saw all the highlights of Aruba and stopped at Arashi beach for a swim. That beach is paradise.

Hello..I see that you did the Jeep Safari in Aruba, was it really difficult? I know it is bumpy but do you do any climbing or a lot of walking. I am wanting to book this but I have a few health issues but not back problems.

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

Our favorite islands! We lived in Curacao for 2 years and found plenty to do.

We especially enjoyed the snorkeling and are partial to Blue Bay which is a resort with all the amenities- but in the country.

In Aruba, we have enjoyed touring the island and doing water sports at Palm Beach. Our favorite place at Palm Beach is the Radisson which has a big pool and beach umbrellas and loungers.

In Grand Turk, we took a cab for $5pp and went into town and walked around this older style Caribbean port. Then we saw the countryside on our way back, by taxi, to the pier. We then swam in the Margaritaville pool and in the ocean there. Good day.

This is by far the best cruise we have every been on. Done it twice already and going back again in 11 days. In Aruba we did a tour with Sonni Binns. I think spelling is correct. Took you all over the island. One of the best tours we have ever done. You get to see a lot of the island. Next time we went we did Jolly Pirates. Great snorkeling tour. Food was great, open bar and great snorkeling.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to figure out what to do in Curacao. The Breeze gets into port at 1:00 and departs at 10:00pm. We are beach people. We do not want to go to the east side of the island due to travel time and less time at the beach.

Is there a nice beach close by the port? How do we get there? What is the cost round trip for 2 people? We would like a lounge, shade and get a snack with a couple of drinks that won't break the bank.

What is there to do in the evening in Curacao? We enjoy walking around finding a nice bar listening to music and have a couple of drinks. Again with out breaking the bank. Background, we are in our 50's. Can't stand music that is nothing but loud thumping bass or rap. Like just about everything else.

We never been to this port and are excited to go on our new adventure.:)