Lunch on embarkation day

barbatkins

Sailing Summit next weekend....can someone tell me if any restaurants are open for lunch on Embarkation Day.......or is the buffet the only choice? Thanks

Buffet, Bistro on Five, Aqua Spa Café and Mast grill. Bistro costs $5 pp but is worth every penny.

Don't believe specialty places are. Mast Grill and Bistro on 5 are other choices. Our favourite (and that of many others as well) is Bistro on 5. It is getting much more popular. 5 bucks, all you can eat. Relaxed atmosphere.

Is the MDR open for lunch on Embarkation Day?

Is the MDR open for lunch on Embarkation Day?

Nope, it is not. Bistro on 5, Aqua Spa Cafe, Mast Grille and

The Buffet are your choices on the M class ships.

Bistro on 5 was full. They asked us if we had a reservation. When we said "no" we were turned away. We ended up going to the buffet and then taking our food back to our balcony. There was no place to sit. We enjoyed what we did.

Bistro on 5 was full. They asked us if we had a reservation. When we said "no" we were turned away. We ended up going to the buffet and then taking our food back to our balcony. There was no place to sit. We enjoyed what we did.

I didn't even know Bistro on 5 took reservations - good to know! I think we are going to check out the buffet first - if it is a madhouse, we'll probably just get a burger from the Mast/Pool grill and sit by the pool and relax. I thought maybe we'd look at the choices at AquaSpa Cafe, but I've heard recently it's not opening until 2 pm on embarkation day? I would like to try Bistro on 5, but I've heard some people saying the service/food took a long time on embarkation day. I guess maybe the secret is out. I don't want to spend my first two hours on the ship at a restaurant waiting for a table or for food.

Hi, I have never seen where Bistro takes reservations either:eek:...wow,

that must have been some kind of crowded cruise.

Hi, I have never seen where Bistro takes reservations either:eek:...wow,

that must have been some kind of crowded cruise.

It can be like that between when people board and their cabins are not available or if their bags have not arrived as yet.:D

So when how to do make reservations @ Bistro on Five?

Do you do that when you board ? Or can you do it online?

You just go there, and if it's crowded, the host/hostess will ask you to come back at a particular time when they think tables will open up.

Don't believe specialty places are. Mast Grill and Bistro on 5 are other choices. Our favourite (and that of many others as well) is Bistro on 5. It is getting much more popular. 5 bucks, all you can eat. Relaxed atmosphere.

That's where we are headed in a few weeks! ;)

I would not wear jeans at dinner except the buffet. You do not see people wearing jeans at dinner on Celebrity the way you do on Carnival. Can you go on your roll call and ask the people there about it? I have done a couple Carnival cruises and they dress down compared to Celebrity. I enjoy wearing something a little nice at dinner and you only need a couple nice things. I pack black pants that roll up very small and a couple of nice tops and send clothes to the laundry.

I would not wear jeans at dinner except the buffet. You do not see people wearing jeans at dinner on Celebrity the way you do on Carnival. Can you go on your roll call and ask the people there about it? I have done a couple Carnival cruises and they dress down compared to Celebrity. I enjoy wearing something a little nice at dinner and you only need a couple nice things. I pack black pants that roll up very small and a couple of nice tops and send clothes to the laundry.

You can wear jeans to lunch as long as they are not ripped.:D

I knew the secret about Bo5 would get out eventually.

Yeah, looks like this board has alerted too many people to the delights of Bistro on 5! (I include myself as one of the converts to embarkation day lunch in there!)

You can wear jeans to lunch as long as they are not ripped.:D

Yikes! Not more dress code discussions?!!! :D

What about suite pax? We will be in a RS on Solstice. Do we go to Michael's, and will there be anything offered there? Thanks for any help, as we are Celebrity newbies.

Believe the only meals held in Michaels are when they use it for the Captain's Club breakfast. Never heard of anything being held there for lunch or dinner.