Dr. Seuss? Really?

That does nothing for us.

Hoping they will upgrade their entertainment, shows etc or thinking there are a lot of other cruise lines out there.

Taking our 3rd cruise this year with a teenager and REALLY hoping the Seuss stuff can all be avoided... I am not a downer.. but I am done with the Dr. Seuss portion of my life. Just my opinion

I agree, and I get it. All I am saying is, before spending a few million in licensing Dr. Seuss for kids that are too young to remember their cruise anyhow...

Try spending a few million bringing back some of the NEEDED cutbacks that they have made over the last few years. I mean a Caribbean Cruise with no Caribbean Music for example...

After bring back what your customers are BEGGING for, then bring on the Dr. Seuss...

Carnival is a family cruise line so Dr. Seuss does appeal to families. I am sorry you don't like it but as others have said it is for family's with kids not adults.

They have newer Suess movies out. Cat in the Hat, .

The one with Mike Meyers? That came out almost 12 years ago. Anyone who enjoyed that in the theater isn't going to care about Dr. Seuss now.

I'm rather indifferent to the Dr. Seuss idea. Not really a fan myself, nor is my child. However, I am a bit curious what all it will entail. I'm mush more looking forward to Dr. Seuss than the Hairy chest contest.

You need to get out of Wyoming more often. :)

Gay marriage is legal in New York State and Carnival has an announcement being released from New York soon. It's a joke.

Thanks for letting me know about gay marriage begin legal in NY. I'll make sure that my gay brother along with the rest of the LGBT community here in Wyoming knows about it. I'm sure the news have not arrived here yet! It takes a while for the Pony Express to get here. :rolleyes:

But the reason why I don't get your "joke" is because I don't see how that has to do with marrying a blood relative, in this case a twin sibling. As far as I know, Thing 1 and Thing 2 are identical twins.

But if you prefer to say that they are male friends who just happen to look identical and who have been considering getting married, have at it! :D

Edited by MargieWY

Uh, I'm going to take a wild guess and say Dr. Seuss targets families with small children?

For better or for worse, Carnival is a cruise line that aims at making cruising affordable and attractive to ALL demographics (well, except for the uber-wealthy or sophisticated) :o.Young, old, singles, couples, families, rich, poor, black, white, green, etc, etc.

That means that not everything they do will cater specifically to you or me. You can go to the Hairy Chest Contest while I take my kids to the Dr. Seuss breakfast.

I agree with this post 100%

Uh, I'm going to take a wild guess and say Dr. Seuss targets families with small children?

For better or for worse, Carnival is a cruise line that aims at making cruising affordable and attractive to ALL demographics (well, except for the uber-wealthy or sophisticated) :o.Young, old, singles, couples, families, rich, poor, black, white, green, etc, etc.

That means that not everything they do will cater specifically to you or me. You can go to the Hairy Chest Contest while I take my kids to the Dr. Seuss breakfast.

This makes perfect sense the. Go Dogs Go. Red Dog Green Dog.

I agree, and I get it. All I am saying is, before spending a few million in licensing Dr. Seuss for kids that are too young to remember their cruise anyhow...

Try spending a few million bringing back some of the NEEDED cutbacks that they have made over the last few years. I mean a Caribbean Cruise with no Caribbean Music for example...

After bring back what your customers are BEGGING for, then bring on the Dr. Seuss...

I agree with this. Unless you can do something to make ME - the paying adult - want to cruise with Carnival again, my kids aren't going to be there anyway. I'm not going to spend money on a cruise that would most likely disappoint ME - the paying adult - just so my kids can see Dr. Seuss.

[*]We all have free will, one does not have to cruise Carnival if one doesn't like the venue.

[*]The average Cruise Critic member is not the targeted demographic for Carnival.

Just my opinion.[/color]

I love Carnival; haven't tried anyone else honestly as Carnival fits my budget and I enjoy the cruises because of or despite the entertainment; I'm not there for the shows; I'm there to relax and have fun with whatever I choose. But this does make me think or question who exactly is the targeted demographic for Carnival? Just wondering

Thats easy, young families. These are the ones that have the most cruising years left and if you catch the kids early it's more likely they will be long time customers. Thats pretty factual for almost anything, influence them while they are young.

while my children are older, I do think that the cost is low enough for us to try it out for the corniness value of it all . Families with younger children will see this as a great opportunity to do something WITH their children instead of dropping them off all the time.

For the travelling adults only on these cruises, it is not something that is REQUIRED to do.

Carnival tried out the PUNCHLINER brunch, and that went quickly away. So, we just need to give Carnival time to see if it is something viable to continue doing, or go away as well.

From what I understand, Dr. Seuss brunch will only happen on 1 sea day and only in 1 dining room for those who want to pay the fee.

Even if I did not want to try it out once, I could not see how this would dampen my cruise. I don't drink, but I don't get upset at all the bars on the ship or those who want to partake . I don't play laser tag, but don't get upset at those who want to pay a fee to play on the cruise either.

So I guess I am really not understanding what the big fuss is all about since it's not a mandatory event:confused: