Would you Dawn?

kpacmom

We just got back Sunday from the Dawn (Western Caribbean) and had a good trip, despite the bad weather for the majority of the trip. It looks like they've fixed the embarkation/disembarkation issues. The ship could use a little TLC, but there wasn't anything along those lines that interfered with our time on the cruise. I can't say enough about the service we received- the staff on the ship was EXCELLENT. They constantly went out of their way to help. We didn't do any specialty dining, but I was happy with Aqua and Venetian- we only had slow service one night at Aqua and it was fine the rest of the week. They changed the menu enough that I always found good options. I just submitted a lengthy review- hopefully it'll be up in the next few days.

Looking at booking the dawn for Easter Break. Read lots of mixed reviews. We will be taking our 16 DD so activity and food is important!!

Thanks for all input :)

best food ive ate onboard any ncl ship.. Loved the dawn

We are booked on the Dawn 4/13/2014...we have 11 going right now (one 14 year old)

We sailed on the Dawn last year, and loved it...the food was great, the staff were wonderful and the other passengers were alot of fun....I would cruise alot more if I had the money...LOL!

Staff on the Dawn are wonderful, no matter what deck you are in or what type of cabin you choose. There are SO many restaurants we've found putting a little aside to do LeBistro (out in the wine cellar area so we can eat really, really well AND listen to piano player) or another specialty thing. The shows are varied and there is so much to do on the Dawn. But really, to us, the reason we keep coming back? The staff including the officers and the Captain who seemed to be everywhere! Hope you come to love the Dawn as much as we do. And we are pretty picky. ;) margretha

Staff on the Dawn are wonderful, no matter what deck you are in or what type of cabin you choose. There are SO many restaurants we've found putting a little aside to do LeBistro (out in the wine cellar area so we can eat really, really well AND listen to piano player) or another specialty thing. The shows are varied and there is so much to do on the Dawn. But really, to us, the reason we keep coming back? The staff including the officers and the Captain who seemed to be everywhere! Hope you come to love the Dawn as much as we do. And we are pretty picky. ;) margretha

^^This! I can't say enough about the staff on the Dawn! They absolutely made our trip. We're picky too, and I was honestly worried about a cruise. We do Disney for most vacations because the level of service is above many vacation destinations. But, I'd even say the staff on the Dawn were well beyond many of the staff in Disney World. I only wish I had gotten more names to pass along for kudos when we got off the ship.

My grandkids 9, 9, 13, 14, 15 went the first day and met new friends. Never went back to the clubs, hung out with their new kids after that. Never got into trouble thank god, just ran a up an arcade bill. They enjoyed the clubs on Disney better. How they knew this after one day I will never know.

Staff was great, the ship was worn. The carpet in our mini suite was pretty beat. We loved the pool deck with the stadium seating. The maintenance crew was scraping and painting our balcony one day. I joked not to scrub off too much rust, it was the only thing holding some of the parts on.