Super Bowl On the Sapphire

biglake907

We will be on the Sapphire leaving Ensenada during the Super Bowl this year. I called Princess to see if the game would be shown on the boat, and I was told she thought so but could not be certain.

Any of you know for sure if these types of events are typically shown?

Thanks

Go Broncos!

Tom

On the Grand in Dec. they had a what they called a tailgate party in the explorers lounge. It was for the wildcard game for San Francisco. They had popcorn, chips with salsa and small hot dogs. They also had a pool that we could win prizes. It was great fun.

We were on the Sapphire to Hawaii in Feb 2012 and they showed the Super Bowl on MUTS and in Club Fusion where they laid on party food (and was very well attended!)

Edited by dides

Just got off the Sapphire and the 2 games were shown on MUTS, Churchhills and Club Fusion.

We were in Ensenada during the games and the satellite feed was horrible. It broke up a lot and we missed quite a bit of the games.

I hope they get this fixed for the Super Bowl.

Yes... If they get satellite reception they will show the Superbowl. We just go off the Coral Princess and last weekend the playoffs were everywhere. Princess, and all other cruise lines, never miss a chance to make money. The number of people at MUTS and the number of bar servers were astounding! The thought of how much money they made serving drinks during those hours is staggering.

SBD4.jpg

SBD3.jpg

SBD2.jpg

SBD1.jpg

Enjoy the game. What a great way to watch the biggest game of the year!

It will definitely be on MUTS and should also be on in Churchhills and in one of the lounges. We were in Ensenada on Sunday for the championship games, and as shastatroy noted the reception was horrible. The signal kept cutting in and out and it was extremely frustrating to try to watch it. We were on the Star a couple of years ago for the Giants in the World Series and reception was great.

We'll be in Ensenada from 7:00 am - 2:00 pm. We'll be back out to sea by the time the Superbowl starts so the reception should be good. I'm almost positive they'll be showing the Superbowl on MUTS or in a lounge. I prefer the lounge myself, and Princess does put on a nice spread for these type of play offs.

If yu are going too watch it on the MUTS then go early and claim a seat or two. Do not try to leave a towel or a book on them as they WILL BE MOVED by someone. Watched the SB a couple of years ago and that is what we did. Got seats where I knew it would be good viewing about 2.5 hours before the game and just hibernated on them. Definitely worth the wait.

I'm pretty certain every North American based cruise ship will have it that day even if the line has to pay extra for the feed.

First off its the second most watched sporting event in the world and the passengers would likely riot if it wasn't carried. More importantly it has the potential to be a money maker for the line with increased bar sales, the ships take from any betting pool etc.

Having watched the Super Bowl at an all inclusive in Mexico I too suggest getting there early and setteling in for the duration. Enjoy. Now if they would just cover this years Masters while I am cruising I too would be a happy camper!

Edited by Gunner22aa

As others have said, watching the Super Bowl on MUTS is always a lot of fun and as long as they are getting the satellite feed, they will show it. Last year it was also shown on the room TVs and I think in one of the clubs when we were on the Sapphire. But MUTS is the place to be with the big screen and lots of people just enjoying themselves. They will usually have some sort of buffet spread of snacks, etc along with the grill and pizza place being open. Whenever we have watched on the ship, loungers on deck go fast and they will usually pull in extra chairs, etc. If the weather is nice, it will be packed well before game time. And if you care, I believe they do usually get the half time show and will show that but the International feed does not include the hyped up commercials that everyone will get to see here in the States. Dave

Just got off the Sapphire and the 2 games were shown on MUTS, Churchhills and Club Fusion.

We were in Ensenada during the games and the satellite feed was horrible. It broke up a lot and we missed quite a bit of the games.

I was in Club Fusion & reception was horrible & so bad for the SF/SEA game that I gave up in the 2nd half trying to watch it & decided to watch it at home on my DVR. Apparently MUTS didn't work for the 1st quarter until they got it fixed. The ESPN feed of the 1st game wasn't quite as bad but it's hard to believe that while in Ensenada there isn't satellite coverage.

I've been told that the Wi-Fi is being upgraded as part of the new cabin 40" TVs & hope so because it hasn't been good cruising along the CA coast. :eek:

I was in Club Fusion & reception was horrible & so bad for the SF/SEA game that I gave up in the 2nd half trying to watch it & decided to watch it at home on my DVR. Apparently MUTS didn't work for the 1st quarter until they got it fixed. The ESPN feed of the 1st game wasn't quite as bad but it's hard to believe that while in Ensenada there isn't satellite coverage.

I've been told that the Wi-Fi is being upgraded as part of the new cabin 40" TVs & hope so because it hasn't been good cruising along the CA coast. :eek:

I agreed with the poor satellite reception. Just got off the sapphire too and even the ship is at dock, the signal was terrible and even the ship left dock, the signal contiune to be terrible.

GO HAWKS!!