How strict is staff with non potty trained kids at Adventure Beach on Adventure of

Wow people. Judge much. The OP mentioned draining the pool on deck, not pouring it all over the floor. There are drains at the showers and at pivtal spots on the deck. I'm certain the OP was refering to those for disposal of the water. Maybe they should have been clearer as you all have filled in the blanks with your overactive imaginations, but comon, why be so mean?

The OP came here to get clarification rather than just ignoring the rules as many do and taking their baby into the pool anyways. I think they are being quite respectful trying to find an optimum solution for their family while being considerate of the other guests. You all should be ashamed for treating them the way you have.

OP yes they are pretty strict with their no diaper children in the pool, and although it's frustrating it's completley understandable. The small pools you speak of work great on the pool deck. We had to use one with our youngest years ago. My daughter was also the youngest of three kids, she watched her sibling swim and play in the pools, so I get your position. We used a beach bucket to fill it with a bit of water for splashing and my daughter had a great time. It was non abstrusive and tucked in nicely beside my chair. When we were finished with it we poured the water back into the bucket and used the drain for disposal. We recieved compliments on it from many passengers, and staff thought it was fabulous. Best of all my daughter was able to enjoy time by the pool too.

DSCF1139.jpg

OP don't worry about the grumps on here. You'll get nothing but smiles from the other passengers and offering to help from staff once you're on board.

Have a great family cruise!:)

Edited by Lost_in_BC

Good to know. That's what dad is for. ;) I don't get in water unless it's about 92 degrees, which I'm guessing is not the case here.

There's also a smaller slide with no height requirement. My almost 4 year old (in 2009) loved that one. The Adventure has the best little kids pool area other than ships with an H2o zone. My kindergartener and 3 year old spent all their pool time there. I don't have a great picture of this other slide, but here are two where you can kind of get the idea.

Top of slide:

Vacation2009053_zpsf46a3874.jpg

In this picture you can see the whole slide if you look closely. Look to the roped off pool and you will see the net covers the bottom of the slide and you can peek through the chairs to see how tall (or not tall, really) it is I wish I had better pictures.

IMG_2195_zpsa743e91c.jpg

We cruised twice with our son last year. In May he was 14 months and that was with P&O. In September we went on Indy. P&O were far superior in every aspect for us. Indy even set sail with 25 cots but 40 babies needing cots. This wasn't resolved for 3 days until they could buy more in Gibraltar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Adventure beach has plenty of room for a small inflatable pool. It's completely separate from the main pool. There's always plenty of open chairs (and we went on Adventure during Spring Break!). If you want to bring it, it will be fine. It also has this "thing" almost like an outdoor shower that doesn't even have standing water (ignore my daughter on the slide - look to the left)

Vacation2009132_zps2c056492.jpg

Well, this is new to me, too. Does anyone know if the Navigator refit will have it?

Well, this is new to me, too. Does anyone know if the Navigator refit will have it?

I don't think so. This is actually an old set up. Navigator and Mariner were altered to expand the teen club (Fuel) and Adventure ocean years ago which eliminated Adventure Beach.

I think it wasn't being used that much (like I said, I went during Spring Break and it was still never crowded) and they thought that the alterations would be a better use of space.

I still think it's the best thing going if your ship doesn't have an H2O zone. I guess the problem is that it wouldn't keep older kids (say 8 or 9 and up) occupied for long, so if you've got a wider range of kids' ages, it might not be practical to stay there long. My kids were a perfect age at the time and we loved it - never even went to the main pool with them.

We cruised twice with our son last year. In May he was 14 months and that was with P&O. In September we went on Indy. P&O were far superior in every aspect for us. Indy even set sail with 25 cots but 40 babies needing cots. This wasn't resolved for 3 days until they could buy more in Gibraltar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

And that relates to the subject at hand how?

You know.. we booked a family cruise, and my son was going to be 2, I had 8 months to Potty train him, and you know he was potty trained while awake. He went in the pool, and played in the splash pools.. But at night He slept in "Goodnight Pull ups" and stayed dry mostly.

Just an Idea, Maybe try to potty train your kid so during the day they are dry, and you will not have to have your own pool.

I agree with alot of people on here.. its gross to pour used water on the deck even in drains. And dont forget, water is heavy.. you may have every intention of dumping it in a drain, but when you try to move it, you cant. :o

Its your vacation .. Have fun.. Just try to remember everyone else is on Vacation too.. and want to have fun too..

-Debbi

What I usually do when I see one of these adorable kids in their Pietri dish pools I lean over and act like I'm telling then how adorable they are and then I whisper in their ear that the reason the cabins are so small is so that the monsters under their bed will be afraid to come out into the room when mommy turns the lights out..works every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I usually do when I see one of these adorable kids in their Pietri dish pools I lean over and act like I'm telling then how adorable they are and then I whisper in their ear that the reason the cabins are so small is so that the monsters under their bed will be afraid to come out into the room when mommy turns the lights out..works every time

Is that supposed to be humorous? :confused:

And you wonder why security follows you.

@funfamilyfun - no the pools are not chlorinated - they are salt water

@Mary521 - there is a small pool/water slide are on the aft deck, but again it is intended for potty trained children because it is not chlorinated

This might sound silly, but I just did a "search" and it says that cruise ship pools are chlorinated..... I was thinking how disgusting is was that there was no treatment to the water.

This might sound silly, but I just did a "search" and it says that cruise ship pools are chlorinated..... I was thinking how disgusting is was that there was no treatment to the water.

Hot tubs are definitely chlorinated...pools if they are it is minimal. I can attest having been in both this month;)

Now THAT made me chuckle. You think that the Solarium is REALLY likely to be cleaner?

If you have a compromised immune system, STAY AWAY FROM ALL POOLS on a ship. Particularly the hot tubs, or, as we call them, HUMAN SOUP.

Lol that's funny. My husband calls them the hemorrhoid sit-n-soak.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Op I think you need rethink taking your non potty trained kids on a cruise if this swim issue is a big deal. Wait another year until your kids are potty trained. if i saw you dumping that pool water on the deck i would report it immediately and they would ahve to close and sanitize the decks, and it should be billed to you.